Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which player's development are you most excited about?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the guys that will be the reason the Broncos win the Super Bowl.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/06/03/broncos-derek-wolfe-takes-part-in-first-otas/
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Donut wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Donut wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I like Chris Harris, but i still think his best fit in the NFL is playing nickel CB. I think it covers up his weaknesses and plays to his strengths. He is quick (not fast) is instinctual as well as physical and a very good tackler.

He made some very good plays on the outside last season, but even then i was never fully confident in him on the outside because he does lack the physical attributes. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see Denver let Harris walk if Omar Bolden and Kayvon Webster show solid development (both of whom are probably more physically talented players) and Harris has another solid season and could get a hefty pay raise.

Harris will be restricted next year so maybe we try get a first rounder for him. I think he's worth a lucrative extension though.

Do you REALLY think that's possible ??

No because GM's don't shell out early picks for restricted free agents. Its the pick and an extended contract. The owners are colluding or something. There was a perfect chance for any team to grab Victor Cruz for a pick, because if the contract went over a certain dollar amount, Giants couldn't match due to the cap. No one bit. No one will bite on Harris, or any restricted free agent tendered for a high pick. Just the way it works these days with the RFA's.

The collusion thing is ridiculous. Freeney is just mad he didnt get the 7 mill her wanted. Some guys got paid a lot others didnt. Cruz was asking for 10 million. No intelligent GM would give him 10 million and lose a first. Sanders got a 3rd round offer and likely a good contract extension coming.
Harris was very good but w/ first rounders they usually trade for very good players.

No. A team could have signed Victor Cruz to an offer sheet that the Giants could not match, and it would have only had to have been like 8 mil for the Giants to not be able to match due to the cap. An RFA has no say in his contract for that restricted year. He would have to play under the RFA status that one year, and under that contract. He could then negotiate a long term deal on his terms. But if an RFA is signed to an offer sheet, and traded for, they play under the one year offer sheet, and are Free agent eligible the next year.

In a very weak draft class its very puzzling that no one went after Victor Cruz, as in a year like 2013 he is probably worth the first rounder, and the offer sheet didn't have to be crazy for the Giants not to be able to match.

The RFA still has to agree to the deal. He said his asking price is 10 mill during that period. Right now after months of negotiating he wants at least 8 mill. Welker and Amendola are getting 6 million a yr. Just because NYG couldnt match doesn't mean he'd take 8 mill. But you're saying just sign him for the 8 and then negotiate. Why would you risk losing a first to have just 1 year for sure? But after months he still isn't down to the 8. The costs for him just wasn't worth it and its not puzzling. Its a dumb move to go after him and pay him. he was set in his price and it was way to much imo(and clearly everyone elses). At least w/ Sanders the Patriots had the extension worked out already and it was a 3rd rounder. Cruz they'd just be giving him so much leverage to demand his money because if they didnt sign an extension they'd look really really bad. If he was asking for 7 million yeah its a reasonable to sign but its not 7 its 9 or 10.

An RFA has no right to negotiation on that years deal (RFA tender from current team, or offer sheet from another team). I dont even know that the magic number for giants not to be able to match was even 8, i know it was an extremely manageable amount from almost any other teams perspective. If a teams giving up the first, theyre obviously talking to his agent first about if its a place he'd be willing to sign a long term deal. Name the last time a really good RFA was signed to an offer sheet. It doesn't happen, gm's don't head hunt talented RFA's, it definitely seems to be an unspoken rule.

Since when can you not negotiate years? Emmanuel Sanders being 1 year was supposed to make it impossible for Pitt to match. And Wes Welker was signed to an offersheet by NE.
Though in 2006 Buffalo signed Reggie Wells for 5 year 18 mill and it was matched. And Ricky Manning Jr 5 years 23 mill.

Pretty sure the contract extension is what's being negotiated. The offer sheet, is the RFA year. It's null if the player is extended before the season, as would have to be the case for a good RFA to be moved, which never happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang - Hillman did fill out a bit. I didn't know 3rd round daft pick money could get you a nutritionist and a personal trainer. I know there was debate on this forum, on whether the extra weight would affect his speed. It says in the article that he is playing faster, which cannot be bad. I am excited to see what Hillman can do.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports?source=Nav_Sports
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Dang - Hillman did fill out a bit. I didn't know 3rd round daft pick money could get you a nutritionist and a personal trainer. I know there was debate on this forum, on whether the extra weight would affect his speed. It says in the article that he is playing faster, which cannot be bad. I am excited to see what Hillman can do.

He's beefing up for sure, taking after another famous Ronnie? Yeeeeah buddy, LIGHTWEIGHT! Laughing
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

I'm sure his trainer is building him up in a way he'll keep his speed/explosion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I'm sure his trainer is building him up in a way he'll keep his speed/explosion.

As well as maintain strength/weight thru the season

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

As well as maintain strength/weight thru the season

AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real positive news coming out about Ball. He's getting it quick.

from Ball:
Quote:
The jitters are gone and now I'm ready to play. I feel like I sort of showcased that today in practice. I knew all of my assignments and I didn't look like I was a chicken with his head cut off in the backfield."

and Hillman:
Quote:
"He's better than me, because I had the jitters all year, every time I got in," said Ronnie Hillman, who has split time with Ball in the backfield. "He adapted a lot faster than me.

Really a positive article.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ball-Feeling-Extremely-Comfortable/575183da-556b-4d3c-8a17-16b110592f8b
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Real positive news coming out about Ball. He's getting it quick.

from Ball:
Quote:
The jitters are gone and now I'm ready to play. I feel like I sort of showcased that today in practice. I knew all of my assignments and I didn't look like I was a chicken with his head cut off in the backfield."

and Hillman:
Quote:
"He's better than me, because I had the jitters all year, every time I got in," said Ronnie Hillman, who has split time with Ball in the backfield. "He adapted a lot faster than me.

Really a positive article.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Ball-Feeling-Extremely-Comfortable/575183da-556b-4d3c-8a17-16b110592f8b

Yeah, shoot, the Broncos passing game, with a strong one-two in the running game; what defenses is going to stop this? Even the best of the best defenses will be vulnerable.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osweiler is one I'm really looking forward to watching. Everything I've heard would justify the pick we used on him.

We'll see plenty in preseason.

Attached an article.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Osweiler-Ready-for-Future----and-Present-If-Needed/d9cb19a1-fd02-4837-a226-16720195ab29
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter.com/MikeKlis

From John Fox about Brock Osweiler.

Quote:
“He’s in an ideal situation. I think he’s a tremendous young player. I like the way he operates, the way he handles himself. He’s got probably one of the better guys to learn under in [QB] Peyton Manning. I’ve seen excellent improvement in both Brock’s knowledge of what we’re doing and his execution—the what-tos and the techniques to play quarterback.”

Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: