Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Name the QBs in the NFL Today You Would Take Over Cutler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiBear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
Ill almost choose anyone that can beat GB. Cutler has no heart. He may be tough but that doesn't mean he has that IT about him. Id rather take a QB like Russell Wilson over Cutler. Cutler has had one semi good year. I cant wait to see him gone.

Why do you say Cutler has no heart? How are you reaching this conclusion? Are you also saying that Cutler is the reason we haven't beaten GB much recently (and not GB's obviously more talented roster), or am I tying together two separate statements?

I just see him always moping around by himself to the side, he rarely gets on the sidelines and interacts with players or have them rally. What he did to Webb last year may have been necessary but how would he have handled it with well timed INTs - its not always the lines fault - many times it just him. He walks away like he doesnt give a damn. His arrogance is the wrong kind - he has no place for it until he does something with his talents. Yes in part, it is GB that bothers me the most - it is nearly ALWAYS his fault - he leaves his brain at home especially for the GB games. I do not give a damn about talent unless you have heart - you take command and lead.

at some point we should let him go - he is nothing special - a better Jeff George is not much to be gloat about. For someone who has all the talent - he has seriously underachieved.

Troy Aikman walked away from the team and watched the game alone on the sidelines.

All that crap doesn't mean [inappropriate/removed].

Not an Aikman fan but at least he was likable and didnt turn the ball over like Cutler does. Im all for Cutler doing well but for what i have seen i just dont see him special even if he is the best we have had. RG3, Luck, Wilson have outplayed Cutler best season. Now I am more pissed just thinking of it.

With regard to Aikman, I think he is BY FAR the most overrated player in the past 25 years. This is a modern era QB in the Hall of Fame and yet he exceeded 20 TD passes in a season just once. He never passed for as many as 3500 yards in any season. His career TD/INT ratio is only 165/141 (Cutler's 136/100 is highly scrutinized yet is quite a bit better (1.36 TD per INT) than that of Aikman (1.17)). He was the epitome of a game manager. Had he been the QB of this same Bears squad Jay has worked with the past 4 years instead of arguably the most loaded top to bottom team assembled in my lifetime then his legacy would be FAR different, and he certainly wouldn't have a bust in Canton.

If Aikman were playing today even mention his name. Never been an Aikman fan. Let alone a Cowboys fan.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
Ill almost choose anyone that can beat GB. Cutler has no heart. He may be tough but that doesn't mean he has that IT about him. Id rather take a QB like Russell Wilson over Cutler. Cutler has had one semi good year. I cant wait to see him gone.

Why do you say Cutler has no heart? How are you reaching this conclusion? Are you also saying that Cutler is the reason we haven't beaten GB much recently (and not GB's obviously more talented roster), or am I tying together two separate statements?

I just see him always moping around by himself to the side, he rarely gets on the sidelines and interacts with players or have them rally. What he did to Webb last year may have been necessary but how would he have handled it with well timed INTs - its not always the lines fault - many times it just him. He walks away like he doesnt give a damn. His arrogance is the wrong kind - he has no place for it until he does something with his talents. Yes in part, it is GB that bothers me the most - it is nearly ALWAYS his fault - he leaves his brain at home especially for the GB games. I do not give a damn about talent unless you have heart - you take command and lead.

at some point we should let him go - he is nothing special - a better Jeff George is not much to be gloat about. For someone who has all the talent - he has seriously underachieved.

Troy Aikman walked away from the team and watched the game alone on the sidelines.

Not an Aikman fan but at least he was likable and didnt turn the ball over like Cutler does. Im all for Cutler doing well but for what i have seen i just dont see him special even if he is the best we have had. RG3, Luck, Wilson have outplayed Cutler best season. Now I am more pissed just thinking of it.
Get hysterical much?

I am not a Cutler apologist but what he has gone through with idiot coaching year after year cannot be ignored when you look at his play. This will be the first year here when he has a real offensive minded coach one who knows how to handle TIME perhaps the most import aspect of the game. Just getting the plays in with time will dramatically improve our offense and Cutler's play.

Cutler was put into an impossible situation by the trade bringing him here and has succeeded better than I expected. I don't expect him to be a Brady but Brady has one of the smartest coaches in the league. Same is true with most of the others, their coaching is superior.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

With regard to Aikman, I think he is BY FAR the most overrated player in the past 25 years. This is a modern era QB in the Hall of Fame and yet he exceeded 20 TD passes in a season just once. He never passed for as many as 3500 yards in any season. His career TD/INT ratio is only 165/141 (Cutler's 136/100 is highly scrutinized yet is quite a bit better (1.36 TD per INT) than that of Aikman (1.17)). He was the epitome of a game manager. Had he been the QB of this same Bears squad Jay has worked with the past 4 years instead of arguably the most loaded top to bottom team assembled in my lifetime then his legacy would be FAR different, and he certainly wouldn't have a bust in Canton.
Very interesting stat. And one would have to say Aiken had better receivers than Jay has had so far, no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: