Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Name the QBs in the NFL Today You Would Take Over Cutler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees
Ryan
Flacco
Rodgers
Roethlisberger

P. Manning and Brady don't even need to be mentioned.

Eli has such a strong résumé but he has to be the streakiest big-name QB in the league.

I'm a huge Cutler apologist but his window his closing. He has much better talent around now than he did in 2009, both in terms of players and coaches. If he can clean up his mechanics and play within the system, he'll be fine, otherwise it's probably best to move on.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
When it comes down to Ability-

Brady
P. Manning
Rodgers
Brees

When it comes down to attitude-

No one

I honestly think you have those backwards. In terms of attitude and awareness, those are the guys to take. In terms of pure arm, I honestly think Cutler takes the cake, he throws the prettiest ball and has the best arm strength, IMO. Too bad he hasn't lived up to his full potential so far.

No I dont have it backwards its my opinion. Yes, he has one of the strongest, if not the strongest arms in football. Does he have the smarts of the players I listed though? No.

His attitude is my favorite part about him. Id rather have someone he gets pissed off and doesnt care what anyone thinks about him, rather than someone who always keeps his mouth shut. You remember the game he went up to Webb, got in his face and gave him a little shove? Ya well for the rest of the season, Webb improved each game more and more. You need someone with a tough attitude to survive in Chicago. If you just coward and keep your mouth shut, you will get run out of the city just like Grossman.

Thats just it, ability and smarts are two different things. You see tons of players with who have huge amonts of talent and ability, but can't succeed because they don't have the brains and awareness to succeed. I think you have to put those in seperate categories.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now with age and $ not being a factor

Rodgers
Manning
Manning
Brady
Brees
Flacco (I hate this but you have to now)
Big Ben
Matt Ryan (hate this too but the numbers kinda speak for themselves)

Guys who are young and unproven but on cheap contracts and show the potential to be better than Cutler

Kaepernick
Griffin
Newton
Luck

Cutler has had really two awful statistical seasons in a row now and needs a Pro Bowl year in the worst way if he is going to justify his status as being paid as a franchise guy. I've always been a fan and Trestman I think is going to be the real deal but this is a do or die year for Jay IMO. No more excuses after this one.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
His attitude is my favorite part about him. Id rather have someone he gets pissed off and doesnt care what anyone thinks about him, rather than someone who always keeps his mouth shut. You remember the game he went up to Webb, got in his face and gave him a little shove? Ya well for the rest of the season, Webb improved each game more and more. You need someone with a tough attitude to survive in Chicago. If you just coward and keep your mouth shut, you will get run out of the city just like Grossman.

It's an off-the-field thing too. I loved after the Dallas game this past year when Cutler snickered or laughed at a really stupid question from Dan Pompei and the rest of the Chicago media got all bent out of shape over it. They deserve to be dealt with harshly from time to time.

That was also the night Brad Biggs blocked me on Twitter when I asked him why the media can dish out abuse but can't take it.

And of course the dog-walking middle finger photos are just awesome.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Name the QBs in the NFL Today You Would Take Over Cutler Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
This is an age-be-damned question, I'm not looking at the future where a Brady or Manning would be retired. I'm talking THIS season.

Just curious to hear some responses.

Here's mine, in no particular order:

Tom Brady CHECK
Aaron Rodgers CHECK
Drew Brees CHECK
Peyton Manning Too old

Russell Wilson (on the fence with this one because he only had one season, but man I'm a fan)
Kaepernick is another. Eli Manning, too.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Brady
Luck
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Rogers
Brees

Not a lot of guys I would definitely take over Cutler.

I would consider Luck but that's more of a long term deal i my eyes.

Eli? I don't think he could play without solid blocking up front.
Can Jay play without solid blocking? Eli has won 2 rings.
Eli had a better OL for those 2 world championships.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I don't like entertaining another QB over Jay. Here is mine:

1. Andrew Luck

2. Andrew Luck

3. Andrew Luck
Pinky

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of immediate talent upgrades:

Rodgers, Brady, P Manning, Brees - 'elite' talent IMO
Flacco, E Manning, Ryan, Roethlisberger - not as good as the above, but still top level talent.

In terms of long term planning:

Kaep, Luck. I like RG3 but his injury concerns would give me heart problems.

In terms of likeability:

DOOOOOOOOOON'T CAAAAAAAARE!!! I love Cutler.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill almost choose anyone that can beat GB. Cutler has no heart. He may be tough but that doesn't mean he has that IT about him. Id rather take a QB like Russell Wilson over Cutler. Cutler has had one semi good year. I cant wait to see him gone.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
Ill almost choose anyone that can beat GB. Cutler has no heart. He may be tough but that doesn't mean he has that IT about him. Id rather take a QB like Russell Wilson over Cutler. Cutler has had one semi good year. I cant wait to see him gone.

Why do you say Cutler has no heart? How are you reaching this conclusion? Are you also saying that Cutler is the reason we haven't beaten GB much recently (and not GB's obviously more talented roster), or am I tying together two separate statements?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

Why do you say Cutler has no heart? How are you reaching this conclusion? Are you also saying that Cutler is the reason we haven't beaten GB much recently (and not GB's obviously more talented roster), or am I tying together two separate statements?

I just see him always moping around by himself to the side, he rarely gets on the sidelines and interacts with players or have them rally. What he did to Webb last year may have been necessary but how would he have handled it with well timed INTs - its not always the lines fault - many times it just him. He walks away like he doesnt give a damn. His arrogance is the wrong kind - he has no place for it until he does something with his talents. Yes in part, it is GB that bothers me the most - it is nearly ALWAYS his fault - he leaves his brain at home especially for the GB games. I do not give a damn about talent unless you have heart - you take command and lead.

at some point we should let him go - he is nothing special - a better Jeff George is not much to be gloat about. For someone who has all the talent - he has seriously underachieved.
bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:

If we miss the playoffs again this year, I think you will get your wish.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

I just see him always moping around by himself to the side, he rarely gets on the sidelines and interacts with players or have them rally. What he did to Webb last year may have been necessary but how would he have handled it with well timed INTs - its not always the lines fault - many times it just him. He walks away like he doesnt give a damn. His arrogance is the wrong kind - he has no place for it until he does something with his talents. Yes in part, it is GB that bothers me the most - it is nearly ALWAYS his fault - he leaves his brain at home especially for the GB games. I do not give a damn about talent unless you have heart - you take command and lead.

at some point we should let him go - he is nothing special - a better Jeff George is not much to be gloat about. For someone who has all the talent - he has seriously underachieved.

Troy Aikman walked away from the team and watched the game alone on the sidelines.

All that crap doesn't mean [inappropriate/removed].

GOGRIESE wrote:
Sorry when I smell BS I tend to not let it go.

G08 wrote:
Try a shower and watch where you step.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

Troy Aikman walked away from the team and watched the game alone on the sidelines.

Not an Aikman fan but at least he was likable and didnt turn the ball over like Cutler does. Im all for Cutler doing well but for what i have seen i just dont see him special even if he is the best we have had. RG3, Luck, Wilson have outplayed Cutler best season. Now I am more pissed just thinking of it.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

Not an Aikman fan but at least he was likable and didnt turn the ball over like Cutler does. Im all for Cutler doing well but for what i have seen i just dont see him special even if he is the best we have had. RG3, Luck, Wilson have outplayed Cutler best season. Now I am more pissed just thinking of it.

With regard to Aikman, I think he is BY FAR the most overrated player in the past 25 years. This is a modern era QB in the Hall of Fame and yet he exceeded 20 TD passes in a season just once. He never passed for as many as 3500 yards in any season. His career TD/INT ratio is only 165/141 (Cutler's 136/100 is highly scrutinized yet is quite a bit better (1.36 TD per INT) than that of Aikman (1.17)). He was the epitome of a game manager. Had he been the QB of this same Bears squad Jay has worked with the past 4 years instead of arguably the most loaded top to bottom team assembled in my lifetime then his legacy would be FAR different, and he certainly wouldn't have a bust in Canton.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: