Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gotta love work ethic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikatron!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Gotta love work ethic Reply with quote

Just wanted to share this most recent article by Justin Rodgers at Mlive regarding Reggie.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/05/reggie_bush_ready_to_go_to_wor.html

Couple tid bits I found to be awesome!

In response to a comment about detroit not being sunny year round...
"You know what, I came here to work," Bush said. "I didn't come here to vacation. I came here to win championships and win football games. That's what I look forward to doing.

And...

"Some of the guys on the team asked me, 'How's Miami and South Beach? How was it playing down there?' I said, 'It's nice, but if football isn't right, it doesn't matter where you're at.' If your work isn't right, you're not going to be happy, no matter what."

I honestly cannot wait to get TC going, I have a good feeling that our offense is going ball!!! Pending the Oline of course Smile

Thoughts?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've travelled through life I've learned that work ethic can overcome many individual short comings.

Reggie is a talented player and his work ethic is a plus. He may just find a great deal of success in the Lions system.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Mikatron!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
As I've travelled through life I've learned that work ethic can overcome many individual short comings.

Reggie is a talented player and his work ethic is a plus. He may just find a great deal of success in the Lions system.

It really does mean a lot that after 330 views, you posted to the thread. Thanks good sir!

With that, I just thought the article was cool and possibly warranted a thread, I guess I was wrong Smile
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikatron! wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

It really does mean a lot that after 330 views, you posted to the thread. Thanks good sir!

With that, I just thought the article was cool and possibly warranted a thread, I guess I was wrong Smile

I think its worthy. Especially with all the negative attention the team has drawn the last few years. Each player they add to the team that has a work ethic is great for the overall club atmosphere and players like Reggie have been around long enough their attitudes and character will positively influence the young guys. Leading by example is always good.

Especially in Detroit's case. The city has been kicked around a great deal the last 30 years but there's a great deal of honest hard working folks that simply want to see these high paid athletes show up with their lunch bucket and give an honest days work.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: