Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy tears Achilles, Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
I did not see Robert Turbin as a strong pass blocker early in the season. The fact that he got more 3rd down reps later into the season supports what Pete said.

(I have some of the early games on my computer, I will rewatch them later)
I didn't think he was excellent at it, but he wasn't bad. I thought Lynch actually did a very good job as a pass blocker, he's just not a natural receiver by any stretch.

Turbin and Michael by years end will both be seeing as much time as Lynch at 3rd Down RB imo.


Pretty much. I thought that Marshawn was better but he is the weaker receiver for sure.

I also agree about the 3rd down situation. I would not be surprised if Bevell throws out a few different formations to confuse defenses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFL_Announcer


Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 694
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well without McCoy we turn to Wilson or another FAgent.

Any good progress on Wilson? I know he was doing pretty well early on in rookie camp, but not sure if there's been any updates since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Well without McCoy we turn to Wilson or another FAgent.

Any good progress on Wilson? I know he was doing pretty well early on in rookie camp, but not sure if there's been any updates since.


Dropped some balls and caused a few INT's has struggled a bit with the big boys. Still very promising tho. Just don't think we can rely on him as the #2 this year.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3755
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="imani"]
SoS wrote:
Quote:
We'll see a lot of 3 WR/1 TE sets or 2 WR Twin/2 TE sets. Like I said earlier in the thread, Michael Robinson should be phased out quite a bit this season.


The truth is, nobody knows exactly what we'll be doing with harvin this season besides the coaching staff, yet you seem to think you have things all figured out. I just think it's funny that you're chastising somebody for making an opinion, when you're doing just the same. The arrogant undertones in your posts as if you know something we don't really isn't necessary either.


Sorry if I'm coming off that way, but I think there's a lot more sense on the side of the people that are tempering their expectations for Harvin's snaps at RB simply due to the history of how the position is handled, how deep our backfield currently is, and how much money we just paid this guy paired with his injury history. At the end of the day, everything on this site is opinion, but I try to support my opinion with history and data rather than random hypotheses.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21813
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know, TE Willson has two l's in his name. It took me a couple days to notice too
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29408
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SoS"]
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Quote:
We'll see a lot of 3 WR/1 TE sets or 2 WR Twin/2 TE sets. Like I said earlier in the thread, Michael Robinson should be phased out quite a bit this season.


The truth is, nobody knows exactly what we'll be doing with harvin this season besides the coaching staff, yet you seem to think you have things all figured out. I just think it's funny that you're chastising somebody for making an opinion, when you're doing just the same. The arrogant undertones in your posts as if you know something we don't really isn't necessary either.


Sorry if I'm coming off that way, but I think there's a lot more sense on the side of the people that are tempering their expectations for Harvin's snaps at RB simply due to the history of how the position is handled, how deep our backfield currently is, and how much money we just paid this guy paired with his injury history. At the end of the day, everything on this site is opinion, but I try to support my opinion with history and data rather than random hypotheses.


Well random hypothesis is just how i do business sometimes. I admitted mid-thread it was my own, subjective opinion. But that doesn't mean it's completely irrational and out of the realm of possibility. It doesn't have to reoccur throughout history in order to be plausible, in my eyes.

I used the same method when i thought wright would take leroy's hills spot at WLB full time, low and behold, weeks later a few people (including yourself) seem to indirectly agree with the prediction i made. Same method i used when i thought Baldwin would immediately replace brandon stokley as the slot receiver out of training camp and produce well. Same with predicting wilson would improve over the course of the season and supplant himself as the man in seattle...while others though flynn should take his place.

I may not follow the normal blueprint of football analysis, fact checking and deep research , or play it safe and heady with my predictions...... but i'm not all bad Wink .
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3755
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as your second paragraph is concerned, I don't think any of those are too outlandish. Maybe if you had predicted that Sweezy would start at some point or Brandon Browner would start when he was signed that'd be out-of-the-box thinking, but the stuff you just named were pretty popular insights.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29408
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
As far as your second paragraph is concerned, I don't think any of those are too outlandish. Maybe if you had predicted that Sweezy would start at some point or Brandon Browner would start when he was signed that'd be out-of-the-box thinking, but the stuff you just named were pretty popular insights.


They weren't so popular when i had stated any of them.

There's things as recent as this thread

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=522835
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group