Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy tears Achilles, Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47684
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got the reference. Laughing

Definitely hilarious.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3751
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
All I'm hearing is a bunch of hypothetical situations where Harvin might be used in the backfield. Jrry and I aren't really arguing those for the most part, we're simply arguing the frequency at which Harvin will be there. It's really silly to think he'll be the 3DRB 25% of the time, or even anywhere close to that number.


Pretty much. There are probably some plays and sets where they'll use it on occasion to throw defenses off...but I just think that Seattle won't want to have to sacrifice their ability to protect the QB from the HB position to have Harvin there often


What I think makes that point moot, is the fact that lynch is the only serviceable pass protector we have at running back. One of the big reasons turbin didnt see the field more last year IMO, because his ability to spell lynch was clearly there.

Also keep seeing words like "frequent" and "often", yet nowhere have i said this should happen on a consistent basis.


Wait.....what? Laughing Robert Turbin was praised for his pass pro abilities coming out of Utah State and did nothing in 2012 to undo that reputation.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2013/3/20/4128962/seahawks-replay-booth-robert-turbin-rumbles-for-30

I realize he only goes over one play, but this is pretty much Turbin throughout the season. Saying Turbin struggles to protect the passer relative to other players at his position is like saying Richard Sherman can't play press coverage...
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3751
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'd see Harvin as an RB or TAZR most of the time in a two TE set.


imani wrote:
sirensong wrote:
I know this really isnt relevant. But does anyone else see Percy getting a TON of snaps at RB on 3rd downs?


I do. Stronger, faster, more explosive, better hands leon washington? Perfect 3DRB


And how can you claim you haven't been talking about frequency or sheer amount of snaps Harvin will play at RB? Just because you aren't putting a tangible number behind it doesn't mean you haven't done the same thing sirensong is doing, he's just willing to put an actual projection to his opinion. You clearly think the team is going to be using Harvin at 3DRB quite a bit, so it's not just these small hypothetical scenarios you continue to bring up.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28821
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
All I'm hearing is a bunch of hypothetical situations where Harvin might be used in the backfield. Jrry and I aren't really arguing those for the most part, we're simply arguing the frequency at which Harvin will be there. It's really silly to think he'll be the 3DRB 25% of the time, or even anywhere close to that number.


Pretty much. There are probably some plays and sets where they'll use it on occasion to throw defenses off...but I just think that Seattle won't want to have to sacrifice their ability to protect the QB from the HB position to have Harvin there often


What I think makes that point moot, is the fact that lynch is the only serviceable pass protector we have at running back. One of the big reasons turbin didnt see the field more last year IMO, because his ability to spell lynch was clearly there.

Also keep seeing words like "frequent" and "often", yet nowhere have i said this should happen on a consistent basis.


Wait.....what? Laughing Robert Turbin was praised for his pass pro abilities coming out of Utah State and did nothing in 2012 to undo that reputation.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2013/3/20/4128962/seahawks-replay-booth-robert-turbin-rumbles-for-30

I realize he only goes over one play, but this is pretty much Turbin throughout the season. Saying Turbin struggles to protect the passer relative to other players at his position is like saying Richard Sherman can't play press coverage...


http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99776/more-questions-about-seattle-seahawks-plan-at-running-back

Direct Quote

Quote:
Of Michael specifically, Carroll said, "He has not done as much pass protection work as we'd like. When we looked at Robert last year, we felt the same way, but Robert came on really strong as a pass-blocker, so we hope to do the same thing with Christine."


The bold proves you wrong, the underlined proved me wrong.

Maybe my memory is of early in the season, but i remember turbin struggling to protect russell when he was in.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see Robert Turbin as a strong pass blocker early in the season. The fact that he got more 3rd down reps later into the season supports what Pete said.

(I have some of the early games on my computer, I will rewatch them later)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47684
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-Topic but am I the only one that always says "TOOKIE! TOOKIE!" whenever I see Tooki's posts?(George of the Jungle Reference)

Yes? Ok. Crying or Very sad
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28821
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
I'd see Harvin as an RB or TAZR most of the time in a two TE set.


imani wrote:
sirensong wrote:
I know this really isnt relevant. But does anyone else see Percy getting a TON of snaps at RB on 3rd downs?


I do. Stronger, faster, more explosive, better hands leon washington? Perfect 3DRB


And how can you claim you haven't been talking about frequency or sheer amount of snaps Harvin will play at RB? Just because you aren't putting a tangible number behind it doesn't mean you haven't done the same thing sirensong is doing, he's just willing to put an actual projection to his opinion. You clearly think the team is going to be using Harvin at 3DRB quite a bit, so it's not just these small hypothetical scenarios you continue to bring up.


No, i agree that a ton of his snaps at RB...will be on third down. At least, that's what i thought Siren meant by that comment. As you can see, i brought up Leon Washington in regards to harvin multiple times. Guess what? Leon Washington happened to be a runningback for seattle....WHO PLAYED A LOT OF HIS SNAPS ON THIRD DOWN.

And i don't think (and have stated in this thread, since we're being semantical) percy harvin will be playing outside much in seattle. While were being technical, you don't run 3 WRs in a TWO TE set, hence there's no slot receiver without a twin package. Semantics right? So if he was to be on the field in a 2TE set, he would run RB or TAZR in my opinion OR #2 receiver in a twin package. That's what i said. As a matter of fact, the first thing you quoted has nothing to do with 3rd down. Good job though Applause


Here's another one of my quote's, since we're digging things up

Quote:
Because Baldwin is easily our best 3rd down receiver and he plays in the slot. I'd rather put him there and harvin at RB, with tate and Rice on the edge in a passing situation. It's just a certain look, it won't be on every third down


Here's an example of a hypothetical you threw around

Quote:
We'll see a lot of 3 WR/1 TE sets or 2 WR Twin/2 TE sets. Like I said earlier in the thread, Michael Robinson should be phased out quite a bit this season.


The truth is, nobody knows exactly what we'll be doing with harvin this season besides the coaching staff, yet you seem to think you have things all figured out. I just think it's funny that you're chastising somebody for making an opinion, when you're doing just the same. The arrogant undertones in your posts as if you know something we don't really isn't necessary either.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21571
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I actually like when jrry comes over here because logic flows from his posts. I agree with pretty much everything he's said on the matter, you guys are seriously over-analyzing Harvin's usage on this team.
Thank you. Just because someone is versatile doesn't mean he's going to play 30% of his snaps at another position.

Washington played probably 50% of his snaps on 3rd down, yes. He also played MAYBE 5% of total 3rd down plays.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21571
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I did not see Robert Turbin as a strong pass blocker early in the season. The fact that he got more 3rd down reps later into the season supports what Pete said.

(I have some of the early games on my computer, I will rewatch them later)
I didn't think he was excellent at it, but he wasn't bad. I thought Lynch actually did a very good job as a pass blocker, he's just not a natural receiver by any stretch.

Turbin and Michael by years end will both be seeing as much time as Lynch at 3rd Down RB imo.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40519
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Seahawks have waived TE Anthony McCoy, who tore his Achilles last week, the team announced.


http://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/339453984362352640
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18850
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Seahawks have waived TE Anthony McCoy, who tore his Achilles last week, the team announced.


http://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/339453984362352640
Should note that this is to have him pass through waivers to try and IR him.
_________________

IDOG_det

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I actually like when jrry comes over here because logic flows from his posts. I agree with pretty much everything he's said on the matter, you guys are seriously over-analyzing Harvin's usage on this team.
Thank you. Just because someone is versatile doesn't mean he's going to play 30% of his snaps at another position.

Washington played probably 50% of his snaps on 3rd down, yes. He also played MAYBE 5% of total 3rd down plays.


You should read more carefully Tats... I never said 30% of his snaps. I said 30% of his 3rd down snaps... Big big difference.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21571
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I actually like when jrry comes over here because logic flows from his posts. I agree with pretty much everything he's said on the matter, you guys are seriously over-analyzing Harvin's usage on this team.
Thank you. Just because someone is versatile doesn't mean he's going to play 30% of his snaps at another position.

Washington played probably 50% of his snaps on 3rd down, yes. He also played MAYBE 5% of total 3rd down plays.


You should read more carefully Tats... I never said 30% of his snaps. I said 30% of his 3rd down snaps... Big big difference.
And still pretty high imo.


I believe he's being waived so they can put him on IR.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigjoe0075


Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 2147
Location: Eastern Washinton
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just makes Luke Willson an instant contributor.

TE #1 Miller
TE#2 Willson
TE#3 McGrath?????

Too bad Morrah signed with SF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
This just makes Luke Willson an instant contributor.

TE #1 Miller
TE#2 Willson
TE#3 McGrath?????

Too bad Morrah signed with SF.


I believe they bring in another body. Someone like Kevin Boss who Tats has mentioned.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group