Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy tears Achilles, Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got the reference. Laughing

Definitely hilarious.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
All I'm hearing is a bunch of hypothetical situations where Harvin might be used in the backfield. Jrry and I aren't really arguing those for the most part, we're simply arguing the frequency at which Harvin will be there. It's really silly to think he'll be the 3DRB 25% of the time, or even anywhere close to that number.

Pretty much. There are probably some plays and sets where they'll use it on occasion to throw defenses off...but I just think that Seattle won't want to have to sacrifice their ability to protect the QB from the HB position to have Harvin there often

What I think makes that point moot, is the fact that lynch is the only serviceable pass protector we have at running back. One of the big reasons turbin didnt see the field more last year IMO, because his ability to spell lynch was clearly there.

Also keep seeing words like "frequent" and "often", yet nowhere have i said this should happen on a consistent basis.

Wait.....what? Laughing Robert Turbin was praised for his pass pro abilities coming out of Utah State and did nothing in 2012 to undo that reputation.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2013/3/20/4128962/seahawks-replay-booth-robert-turbin-rumbles-for-30

I realize he only goes over one play, but this is pretty much Turbin throughout the season. Saying Turbin struggles to protect the passer relative to other players at his position is like saying Richard Sherman can't play press coverage...
SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'd see Harvin as an RB or TAZR most of the time in a two TE set.

imani wrote:
sirensong wrote:
I know this really isnt relevant. But does anyone else see Percy getting a TON of snaps at RB on 3rd downs?

I do. Stronger, faster, more explosive, better hands leon washington? Perfect 3DRB

And how can you claim you haven't been talking about frequency or sheer amount of snaps Harvin will play at RB? Just because you aren't putting a tangible number behind it doesn't mean you haven't done the same thing sirensong is doing, he's just willing to put an actual projection to his opinion. You clearly think the team is going to be using Harvin at 3DRB quite a bit, so it's not just these small hypothetical scenarios you continue to bring up.
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
All I'm hearing is a bunch of hypothetical situations where Harvin might be used in the backfield. Jrry and I aren't really arguing those for the most part, we're simply arguing the frequency at which Harvin will be there. It's really silly to think he'll be the 3DRB 25% of the time, or even anywhere close to that number.

Pretty much. There are probably some plays and sets where they'll use it on occasion to throw defenses off...but I just think that Seattle won't want to have to sacrifice their ability to protect the QB from the HB position to have Harvin there often

What I think makes that point moot, is the fact that lynch is the only serviceable pass protector we have at running back. One of the big reasons turbin didnt see the field more last year IMO, because his ability to spell lynch was clearly there.

Also keep seeing words like "frequent" and "often", yet nowhere have i said this should happen on a consistent basis.

Wait.....what? Laughing Robert Turbin was praised for his pass pro abilities coming out of Utah State and did nothing in 2012 to undo that reputation.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2013/3/20/4128962/seahawks-replay-booth-robert-turbin-rumbles-for-30

I realize he only goes over one play, but this is pretty much Turbin throughout the season. Saying Turbin struggles to protect the passer relative to other players at his position is like saying Richard Sherman can't play press coverage...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99776/more-questions-about-seattle-seahawks-plan-at-running-back

Direct Quote

Quote:
Of Michael specifically, Carroll said, "He has not done as much pass protection work as we'd like. When we looked at Robert last year, we felt the same way, but Robert came on really strong as a pass-blocker, so we hope to do the same thing with Christine."

The bold proves you wrong, the underlined proved me wrong.

Maybe my memory is of early in the season, but i remember turbin struggling to protect russell when he was in.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see Robert Turbin as a strong pass blocker early in the season. The fact that he got more 3rd down reps later into the season supports what Pete said.

(I have some of the early games on my computer, I will rewatch them later)
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-Topic but am I the only one that always says "TOOKIE! TOOKIE!" whenever I see Tooki's posts?(George of the Jungle Reference)

Yes? Ok. Crying or Very sad

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
I'd see Harvin as an RB or TAZR most of the time in a two TE set.

imani wrote:
sirensong wrote:
I know this really isnt relevant. But does anyone else see Percy getting a TON of snaps at RB on 3rd downs?

I do. Stronger, faster, more explosive, better hands leon washington? Perfect 3DRB

And how can you claim you haven't been talking about frequency or sheer amount of snaps Harvin will play at RB? Just because you aren't putting a tangible number behind it doesn't mean you haven't done the same thing sirensong is doing, he's just willing to put an actual projection to his opinion. You clearly think the team is going to be using Harvin at 3DRB quite a bit, so it's not just these small hypothetical scenarios you continue to bring up.

No, i agree that a ton of his snaps at RB...will be on third down. At least, that's what i thought Siren meant by that comment. As you can see, i brought up Leon Washington in regards to harvin multiple times. Guess what? Leon Washington happened to be a runningback for seattle....WHO PLAYED A LOT OF HIS SNAPS ON THIRD DOWN.

And i don't think (and have stated in this thread, since we're being semantical) percy harvin will be playing outside much in seattle. While were being technical, you don't run 3 WRs in a TWO TE set, hence there's no slot receiver without a twin package. Semantics right? So if he was to be on the field in a 2TE set, he would run RB or TAZR in my opinion OR #2 receiver in a twin package. That's what i said. As a matter of fact, the first thing you quoted has nothing to do with 3rd down. Good job though Applause

Here's another one of my quote's, since we're digging things up

Quote:
Because Baldwin is easily our best 3rd down receiver and he plays in the slot. I'd rather put him there and harvin at RB, with tate and Rice on the edge in a passing situation. It's just a certain look, it won't be on every third down

Here's an example of a hypothetical you threw around

Quote:
We'll see a lot of 3 WR/1 TE sets or 2 WR Twin/2 TE sets. Like I said earlier in the thread, Michael Robinson should be phased out quite a bit this season.

The truth is, nobody knows exactly what we'll be doing with harvin this season besides the coaching staff, yet you seem to think you have things all figured out. I just think it's funny that you're chastising somebody for making an opinion, when you're doing just the same. The arrogant undertones in your posts as if you know something we don't really isn't necessary either.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I actually like when jrry comes over here because logic flows from his posts. I agree with pretty much everything he's said on the matter, you guys are seriously over-analyzing Harvin's usage on this team.
Thank you. Just because someone is versatile doesn't mean he's going to play 30% of his snaps at another position.

Washington played probably 50% of his snaps on 3rd down, yes. He also played MAYBE 5% of total 3rd down plays.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I did not see Robert Turbin as a strong pass blocker early in the season. The fact that he got more 3rd down reps later into the season supports what Pete said.

(I have some of the early games on my computer, I will rewatch them later)
I didn't think he was excellent at it, but he wasn't bad. I thought Lynch actually did a very good job as a pass blocker, he's just not a natural receiver by any stretch.

Turbin and Michael by years end will both be seeing as much time as Lynch at 3rd Down RB imo.

ram29jackson wrote:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Seahawks have waived TE Anthony McCoy, who tore his Achilles last week, the team announced.

http://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/339453984362352640
Tom Brady Tribute
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Seahawks have waived TE Anthony McCoy, who tore his Achilles last week, the team announced.

http://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/339453984362352640
Should note that this is to have him pass through waivers to try and IR him.

IDOG_det

#JDI
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I actually like when jrry comes over here because logic flows from his posts. I agree with pretty much everything he's said on the matter, you guys are seriously over-analyzing Harvin's usage on this team.
Thank you. Just because someone is versatile doesn't mean he's going to play 30% of his snaps at another position.

Washington played probably 50% of his snaps on 3rd down, yes. He also played MAYBE 5% of total 3rd down plays.

You should read more carefully Tats... I never said 30% of his snaps. I said 30% of his 3rd down snaps... Big big difference.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:

You should read more carefully Tats... I never said 30% of his snaps. I said 30% of his 3rd down snaps... Big big difference.
And still pretty high imo.

I believe he's being waived so they can put him on IR.

ram29jackson wrote:
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just makes Luke Willson an instant contributor.

TE #1 Miller
TE#2 Willson
TE#3 McGrath?????

Too bad Morrah signed with SF.
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
This just makes Luke Willson an instant contributor.

TE #1 Miller
TE#2 Willson
TE#3 McGrath?????

Too bad Morrah signed with SF.

I believe they bring in another body. Someone like Kevin Boss who Tats has mentioned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: