Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unofficial Bengals offseason thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many teams do the oklahoma drill now, but the Jags and Chargers did it alot before. Jags kind of stopped once Del Rio got fired because Mularkey didnt want to do the drills. But now that hes gone now, Im not sure if they still do the drills there

The reason NFL teams dont do it much is because it increases the chance of injury. You dont wanna put your proven players in this drill too much. Its always a good idea to let people whom are fighting for a spot do it more.

There was a high school kid that died because of the oklahoma drill this year in Louisiana though. Ironically Andrew Whitworth paid for the kid's funeral. So thats another reason the drill is largely criticized.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the bengals suffered there 1st season ending injury player of camp. DT Larry Black out for the season with a dislocated ankle. Sucks for that guy. Even though he wasnt gonna make the roster and he was just fighting for a practice squad spot, you hate to see anybody get hurt. Apparently he went to Wyoming high school, so hes another local.

Other news Carlos Dunlap suffered a concussion. Dont think its that serious, but he will miss some significant time. There were other players that didnt practice today (Leon Hall, Andrew Whitworth) but those guys are just getting a day off.

I keep hearing good things out of Dre Kirkpatrick again, and the same for James Harrison. More happy that Kirkpatrick is having such a great camp so far

------------

According to ESPN, The #2WR Job might not be wrapped up yet. Sanu looks like hes 100 percent now and running fine, but Jones has outshined Sanu all camp, especially with his speed so far.

Finally Andy Dalton's camp so far has been "streaky" for the most part. Looked great the first couple of camps, but not so much after that. And the main reason for that is because hes forcing more throws in coverage lately. The only way Dalton can be judged though is how he does down the stretch of the season, since thats where he's struggled the most.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are going to rotate our receivers a lot this year IMO. Too many talented guys that each have something different to offer.

hopefully after preseason we have some trade bait guys that are attractive to other teams that wont make our team

Right now I think we go:

WR: Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, Hamilton, Whalen
TE: Gresham, Eifert
H/B: Charles

opens up some spots on the rest of the team like CB, S, OL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I think we need to give Rey a break. We just have a bad taste in our mouth after the Texans game. He actually pretty decent when it comes to the run, but just isn't suited for coverage.

We'll be fine with Burfict and Lamur on third down.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we ended up with a LB corps of Burfict/ DiManche/ Joiner/ Lamur/ V.Rey/ Campbell or Taylor.

All undrafted guys. So much for high draft picks !!!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
we are going to rotate our receivers a lot this year IMO. Too many talented guys that each have something different to offer.

hopefully after preseason we have some trade bait guys that are attractive to other teams that wont make our team

Right now I think we go:

WR: Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, Hamilton, Whalen
TE: Gresham, Eifert
H/B: Charles

opens up some spots on the rest of the team like CB, S, OL

I love the idea of Green and Jones on the outside and Sanu in the slot. Really like that lineup as of now

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
According to ESPN, The #2WR Job might not be wrapped up yet. Sanu looks like hes 100 percent now and running fine, but Jones has outshined Sanu all camp, especially with his speed so far.

Finally Andy Dalton's camp so far has been "streaky" for the most part. Looked great the first couple of camps, but not so much after that. And the main reason for that is because hes forcing more throws in coverage lately. The only way Dalton can be judged though is how he does down the stretch of the season, since thats where he's struggled the most.

Sanu has always been better in games than in practice. It's why Binns and Tate started over him last season. I'm hoping the Bengals remember that and don't limit Sanu's snaps during the season. Dalton needs a big bodied receiver that can fight for the ball like Sanu. I'd rather have Sanu, Efiert and Green in the line up on important 3rd downs than Gresham, Efiert and Green...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Presley starts the year on the PUP list and Conner doesn't make it, then Alex Smith will make the team as the third TE with Charles as the H-Back/FB. They are going to carry three TE's, especially with as many multiple TE formations that I think they are going to run.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two new camp bodies claimed today off waivers ex-Tampa bay....

OT Jason Weaver (6'4'' 313 S.Miss)
WR Jheraine Boyd (6'1'' 190 4.50 N.Carolina)

DT Larry Black however has a season ending injury and is done until next year.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
If Presley starts the year on the PUP list and Conner doesn't make it, then Alex Smith will make the team as the third TE with Charles as the H-Back/FB. They are going to carry three TE's, especially with as many multiple TE formations that I think they are going to run.

Well Charles can be the 3rd TE as well

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Sanu has always been better in games than in practice. It's why Binns and Tate started over him last season. I'm hoping the Bengals remember that and don't limit Sanu's snaps during the season. Dalton needs a big bodied receiver that can fight for the ball like Sanu. I'd rather have Sanu, Efiert and Green in the line up on important 3rd downs than Gresham, Efiert and Green...

Oh I agree, Sanu should be the one who needs to start when its all said done. But Jones is no slouch either IMO. Sanu will make more noise, but Jones will be very serviceable if anything happens.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Hawkins got hurt today. could miss up to 4 weeks. 2 weeks at minimum, so hes already out the first 2 preseason games.

Andrew Whitworth and Brandon Thompson arent expected to play the first preseason game

DT is starting to get thin all of a sudden. Black is done for the year, and Thompson status is unknown. the only backups behind Atkins and Peko now is Devon Still and Terence Stephens. There is room for one more roster spot right now, so maybe they sign another undrafted rookie there soon.

---------

This news came in late yesterday, but Kyle Cook is apparently in the lead of the starting C job right now. Paul Alexander said that Trevor Robinson has been disappointing so far this offseason. But of course in no way whatsoever Robinson should have to worry about losing a roster spot.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think Eifert is going to have a humongous year? I think he will be Andy's favourite target.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Does anyone else think Eifert is going to have a humongous year? I think he will be Andy's favourite target.

I think 50-60 catches is reasonable. 800 yards or so. Maybe 6-8 tds but that could be a little high

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Oh I agree, Sanu should be the one who needs to start when its all said done. But Jones is no slouch either IMO. Sanu will make more noise, but Jones will be very serviceable if anything happens.

I think they'll rotate. We as fans always like to think that one player will outshine the rest and get as many snaps as he can handle. Along the way he'll rack up 1000 yards and 8 TD's.

In reality, Marvin doesn't care about fantasy football and will split snaps between the two receivers as the #2. Much like last year, you'll see a lot of different personnel packages that move the receivers around and split the targets up. Sanu will play a lot, and so will Jones. There is no dedicated #2 on this team.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I think they'll rotate. We as fans always like to think that one player will outshine the rest and get as many snaps as he can handle. Along the way he'll rack up 1000 yards and 8 TD's.

In reality, Marvin doesn't care about fantasy football and will split snaps between the two receivers as the #2. Much like last year, you'll see a lot of different personnel packages that move the receivers around and split the targets up. Sanu will play a lot, and so will Jones. There is no dedicated #2 on this team.

They might rotate at the start of the season, but I still expect Sanu to get more snaps when they try to even it out. If he starts to rise from the pack, he will be the guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: