Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unofficial Bengals offseason thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Why is there rocks by the field?

Looks to me like an aesthetics thing. Designers. Laughing

This. I've run the Pig enough times to see that from the bridge above and again from the stadium across the seat (I sit in the west side, so the concourse faces out over the practice fields). It's the result of having a few spaces to fill and a little money to burn.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tyler Eifert is Andy Dalton's favorite target so far this camp it looks like. Thats certainly a great sign that Dalton's newest weapon is the one outshining the competition so far.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Well Tyler Eifert is Andy Dalton's favorite target so far this camp it looks like. Thats certainly a great sign that Dalton's newest weapon is the one outshining the competition so far.

With AJ out its great to hear. Sounds like he and Jones have been fantastic.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

With AJ out its great to hear. Sounds like he and Jones have been fantastic.

Yeah Jones was doing so well at catching the deep ball yesterday, so maybe he can help some more in that area

Orson Charles looked good too at catching the ball as well. Having him at FB formations just makes it another nice toy to have on offense
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some numbers and watching some games from the past few years. Rey Rey was actually really good as a SLB. When asked to be in there to just stuff the run the guy can really play. His pass coverage is just so bad.

I would really like to see him moved back. Then move Burfict inside or get a sideline to sideline guy who can cover to play along with them. (I know easier said than done)

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I was looking at some numbers and watching some games from the past few years. Rey Rey was actually really good as a SLB. When asked to be in there to just stuff the run the guy can really play. His pass coverage is just so bad.

I would really like to see him moved back. Then move Burfict inside or get a sideline to sideline guy who can cover to play along with them. (I know easier said than done)

Yeah I honestly dont understand why Marvin insists on keeping Maualuga at MLB. Its not gonna work. I will admit that in 2011 at the start of the season, he was playing very good though there. But in the 2nd half of the year (mainly after he came back from an injury) he was horrible.

The reason being I suppose Burfict is staying at OLB is because hes only played one year. Whos to say he will slump for all we know? Hes great, its just a big rush to push him at MLB early. I would rather see him pushed already, but the move makes sense I guess.

Maybe Emmanuel Lamur can emerge somewhere at OLB, and give Burfict more time at MLB on some snaps.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to give Rey a break. We just have a bad taste in our mouth after the Texans game. He actually pretty decent when it comes to the run, but just isn't suited for coverage.

We'll be fine with Burfict and Lamur on third down.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Dan Hoard, Andy Dalton was 18 for 27 in 11 on 11 practice drills today, but he also threw a pick six in the process.

Tomorrow is the day I'm pumped about though. The Oklahoma Drill starts tomorrow. Hopefully nobody gets significantly hurt in the process.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Kirkpatrick is playing well so far. I doubt he plays much this year but I would love for him to be healthy and get some reps

Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love what I'm hearing so far about the offense. I can't wait to see what Eifert does this year. Bernard has looked good catching passes out of the back field. This unit has a lot of potential. Like I said in the other thread, no excuses this year for Gruden or Dalton.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I watched on NFL network, Orson Charles will be on this tea, and be an unreal lead blocker. He dominated the Oklahoma Drill today. It also looked like Shawn Williams dominated. He planted Gio on one of the run throughs.

Burfict is being vocal but he is getting in everyone's face especially when he got beat on the drill. Hopefully Harrison is rubbing off on him and showing him how to be a true pro

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/a-j-green-engaged-to-rb-singer-miranda-brookie/

Quote:
@ajgreen_18

Couldn't have dreamt of a better woman to spend the rest of my life with!!! @mirandabrooke_ you complete me! Engaged!

Sucker. He better not be distracted this year ha

IIRC he's been dating her since he entered the league. Should be fine, will probably get married in the offseason (hopefully not the bye week)...

Just another sign of how mature this young guy is.

On the subject of great matches, did we get Geno extended yet ?

Last edited by LondonBengal on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember last year that Orson Charles dominated the oklahoma drill. No surprise he did it again today. Watched some of the oklahoma drill highlights on bengals.com, and the only 2 plays where I saw charles, he destroyed those guys.

Andrew Whitworth and Clint Boling were a bit limited today because of those surgeries they got. It gave more reps to guys like collins, roland, and pollack on the OL though

----

Only one more week till preseason starts. Getting restless just thinking about it.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
oklahoma drill

Love me some Oklahoma drill.

Does anyone know if this drill is common across NFL teams, or something unique to Bengaldom ? I remember Marvin saying he did this in Washington.
Does anyone also know if any teams use boxing sparring at all for training ?

Charles looked good, but Shawn Williams won that round IMO

Now I would pay to see Williams v Charles.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
oklahoma drill

Love me some Oklahoma drill.

Does anyone know if this drill is common across NFL teams, or something unique to Bengaldom ? I remember Marvin saying he did this in Washington.
Does anyone also know if any teams use boxing sparring at all for training ?

Charles looked good, but Shawn Williams won that round IMO

Now I would pay to see Williams v Charles.

On NFL network yesterday they said very few teams do it. They said it causes fights and afterward it is very hard to have a practice because the players aren't focused.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: