Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unofficial Bengals offseason thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
So...

I think I've made my peace with Robert Geathers. While I still think he should be Dunlap's backup and not see the field much, I'm OK with him still being on the team. He's a good mentor/leader and I like the chemistry of our team right now...

What have you been drinking?

Not enough drinking is the problem...

I'm still bracing for a punchline Villain...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
So...

I think I've made my peace with Robert Geathers. While I still think he should be Dunlap's backup and not see the field much, I'm OK with him still being on the team. He's a good mentor/leader and I like the chemistry of our team right now...

The joke will come when Geathers is on the field... Wink
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
futbudds wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
So...

The joke will come when Geathers is on the field... Wink

BOOM
gatek99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is Reid Fragel doing? Will he make the team? Will he get any PT?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
how is Reid Fragel doing? Will he make the team? Will he get any PT?

He will definitely make the team IMO. He needs a year in the weight room like Cling Boling did. He won't see the field this year.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rewatching the playoff game from last year and i gotta say, if we had Eifert in Gresham's place, we would have won that game. No doubt in my mind. Every ball Gresh dropped was a bread-and-butter situation for Eify. 2 were in traffic and 1 was right down the seam on third and long. I can't wait to see these two together though. Dalton better get it done this year and win a playoff game.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I was rewatching the playoff game from last year and i gotta say, if we had Eifert in Gresham's place, we would have won that game. No doubt in my mind. Every ball Gresh dropped was a bread-and-butter situation for Eify. 2 were in traffic and 1 was right down the seam on third and long. I can't wait to see these two together though. Dalton better get it done this year and win a playoff game.

We lost that game for the following reasons IMHO:

1. Jay Gruden
2. Jermaine Gresham
3. Andy Dalton
4. Rey Maualuga
5. Whoever decided to have Adam Jones return kickoffs and Brandon Tate to return punts. OTHER WAY AROUND FOOLS!

I blame Gruden because who goes in with a game plan that is centered around Gresham coming through? Come on now...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 interesting nuggets i saw today

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes franchise player RE Michael Johnson will be a "goner" from the Bengals next offseason.
La Canfora reports there "doesn't seem to be much optimism" regarding a long-term deal. That would almost certainly thrust Johnson onto the open market in 2014, as the Bengals are going to have to franchise DT Geno Atkins. Still only 26 and coming off a breakout season, Johnson could position himself for a monster contract with another double-digit sack campaign.

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports there's already a "chasm" in long-term talks between the Bengals and DT Geno Atkins.
The sides haven't done much negotiating heading into the final year of Atkins' rookie contract, but sound like they're miles apart in the early going. It's not exactly a surprise, as Atkins is one of the top defensive linemen in the league, while the Bengals remain its thriftiest club. Atkins would almost certainly be franchise tagged next offseason absent a new deal.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that. I'm not going to over-react just yet. The team is negotiating and Geno/his agent will come down some eventually instead of waiting to years ($530k salary + franchise tag). Maybe even a 2nd franchise tag. All that money they can get today if they negotiate now.

MJ93 is as good as gone, but I still see zero way that Geno isn't signed to an extension. As 'cheap' as Mike Brown/the Bengals are, there's just no way Geno is going to be allowed to see the open market (without a franchise tag)...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/24/4459110/top-three-bengals-starters-with-the-most-concerns

Quote:
During the second month of the season in 2011, Whitworth started dealing with tendinitis that dramatically affected his push in the running game.

"Basically my quad shut down," Whitworth said in April 2012. "There was a lot of muscle loss in the muscle of my left leg and I've built it back up."

It's evident if you watch the film. Lack of mobility and revised assignments has forced the team to accommodate their Pro Bowl tackle. Instead of driving as a run blocker, Whitworth has often compensated with a pass blocking approach during the run game, aiming to push the defender around the running back.

That makes a ton of sense. He sucked in the running game last season but completely understandable why. We'll be a much better team running the ball if he's 100% healthy this season. Can't wait!
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are focusing on keeping Orson Charles at fullback. Anyone else disappointed? The cards weren't really dealt in his favour but i like how he made plays when his number was called. I think FB is a waste of his talent, especially because we have two good pure fullbacks in Conner and Pressley.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Looks like they are focusing on keeping Orson Charles at fullback. Anyone else disappointed? The cards weren't really dealt in his favour but i like how he made plays when his number was called. I think FB is a waste of his talent, especially because we have two good pure fullbacks in Conner and Pressley.

Neither of whom bring much as receivers. If Charles is even average as a blocker at FB, he adds a TON of versatility to the offense.
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Neither of whom bring much as receivers. If Charles is even average as a blocker at FB, he adds a TON of versatility to the offense.

I don't see how he will be half the blocker pressley is by the end of training camp. A ton more athletic but I still want pressley on the team if he's healthy.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

I don't see how he will be half the blocker pressley is by the end of training camp. A ton more athletic but I still want pressley on the team if he's healthy.

I believe the coaches already thought he was a decent blocker or they would not have made the switch in the first place. Again, he does not have to be as good a blocker as Pressley to make an impact with the other skills he brings.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
futbudds wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

I believe the coaches already thought he was a decent blocker or they would not have made the switch in the first place. Again, he does not have to be as good a blocker as Pressley to make an impact with the other skills he brings.

Agree 'Jason'.

Having a good H back really opens up the playbook.

Could see Charles, Eifert and Gresham in on some plays. Add in AJ, Sanu/Hawk/Gio and theres a bunch of guys with some good hands. We have to get better on 3rd down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: