Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unofficial Bengals offseason thread...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: The unofficial Bengals offseason thread... Reply with quote

In honor of CDub, let's put our random offseason thoughts here. I'll start:

- I really like Shawn Williams. He definitely has his flaws in coverage but with Reggie Nelson back there covering deep, I think Williams is the guy we need to help underneath against the run. Hopefully he wins the starting gig.

- Am I the only one that thinks Hunt won't do anything for us this season? I like the potential but I think expect for a couple of splash plays, he'll get washed out/be a non-factor until he learns leverage/hand usage.

- Going pencil Geno in now for 15 sacks...
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart idea for a thread. Laughing

So, back to the Adopt-A-Bengal ordeal, should we just start it up one day and have people pick or do a draft type thing?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:

So, back to the Adopt-A-Bengal ordeal, should we just start it up one day and have people pick or do a draft type thing?

I'm good with whatever as long as I get Geno.

On second thought as long as I don't get Geathers... Laughing
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The unofficial Bengals offseason thread... Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

- I really like Shawn Williams. He definitely has his flaws in coverage but with Reggie Nelson back there covering deep, I think Williams is the guy we need to help underneath against the run. Hopefully he wins the starting gig.

- Am I the only one that thinks Hunt won't do anything for us this season? I like the potential but I think expect for a couple of splash plays, he'll get washed out/be a non-factor until he learns leverage/hand usage.

It's always nice to have a big thumper at safety. I think that's what Williams brings, as well as vocal leadership. If fans aren't excited about him, I think they will be when they see him on the field. As for Hunt, I could see it. We'll see. We still have Dunlap and MJ so it's going to be hard to be much more than just backing them up this year. He's such a freak though, I hope for our sake he catches on fast.

As for Geno, sounds about right.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
CDub wrote:

I'm good with whatever as long as I get Geno.

On second thought as long as I don't get Geathers... Laughing

Haha, I doubt you'll get that bad of pick if we randomize... Laughing

I just have no idea where you can randomize a set of names. If someone wants to give an idea on when we should start this that'd be great as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer break starts in two hours, the Bengals have only one unsigned draft pick at the moment, we kept all our top free agents. What else could we ask for as fans?

......Oh yeah, Adopt a Bengal. How about waiting till august when everyone is around.

I think Dunlap and Atkins both sign extensions. In June. Maybe extend MJ after that.

Williams will be a Polumalu-type enforcer for us on defense.

Hunt doesn't have to do that much anyway. i still see him getting about as many sacks as Gilberry in half the snaps.

With a lot of 2 TE sets, Sanu is going to explode, as long as he stays healthy.
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Summer break starts in two hours, the Bengals have only one unsigned draft pick at the moment, we kept all our top free agents. What else could we ask for as fans?

......Oh yeah, Adopt a Bengal. How about waiting till august when everyone is around.

I think Dunlap and Atkins both sign extensions. In June. Maybe extend MJ after that.

Hunt doesn't have to do that much anyway. i still see him getting about as many sacks as Gilberry in half the snaps.

August seems so far away... Crying or Very sad

I'm sure all of you will find that i'm a very impatient person.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I say do it now. Keep the forum alive for a while. This is the time of the year where people get busy and don't visit here. Maybe this will give them a reason.

Plus, when August rolls around people will want to talk football and not necessarily do the adopt-a-bengal.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
CDub wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I say do it now. Keep the forum alive for a while. This is the time of the year where people get busy and don't visit here. Maybe this will give them a reason.

Plus, when August rolls around people will want to talk football and not necessarily do the adopt-a-bengal.

This is kind of what I thought. I'd post it up and wait a bit for people to notice it and sign up and all. It wouldn't be like a 1 day thing and if you weren't on your out of luck. That way in TC and stuff you'd be excited about your guy as well.

To go with that, I know some forums have done 2 players a year pending on the amount of members, I was thinking just do 1 and hopefully we get more Bengals fans signging up and they can play even if they aren't here right when this starts up.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The unofficial Bengals offseason thread... Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

It's always nice to have a big thumper at safety. I think that's what Williams brings, as well as vocal leadership. If fans aren't excited about him, I think they will be when they see him on the field. As for Hunt, I could see it. We'll see. We still have Dunlap and MJ so it's going to be hard to be much more than just backing them up this year. He's such a freak though, I hope for our sake he catches on fast.

Dude, who made that unreal sig?

I highly doubt Hunt makes an impact, for at least the first 12 games. Then i can see him worked into the nickel like Lamur was last season. I mean, we have 4 solid ends who will dress, plus 4 tackles. Unless we don't dress Thompson and work Gilberry at DT on game day, I don't see the room. IMO, theres no need to rush him anyway. Put him under Zim's wing and unleash him in 2014. Its a shame he's already 26(?).

Adopt a Bengal? Lemme holla at Hall or Burfict.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree exactly with what redgreenshow said, not sure Hunt is gonna play much at all or even dress. Which is an issue because he's 26 and we don't have the luxury of waiting around for him to develop.

Really excited to see Eifert, Gresham, Charles and AJ on the field together. I think we will learn a lot about Andy Dalton this year. If he can't be more consistent, really produce with the weapons we have then maybe we have to start at least thinking about alternatives. I'm hopeful though, Eifert has a massive catch radius. We can really create mismatches.

Still skeptical about Williams. Think he's gonna get burned a lot and I'm not sure he has the range and ball skills necessary. Don't think he can come down and play the slot in man or cover tight ends. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think that's our weakness. Little worried about the health of Dre as well, he needs to stay on the field. The ability is there.

I think Lamur and Still are primed for huge years. Both showed flashes in limited snaps last year and they each take on bigger roles (nickel LB and rotational DT respectively) and I expect big things. Our front seven can be dominant this year.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I win?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: The unofficial Bengals offseason thread... Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
CDub wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Dude, who made that unreal sig?

I highly doubt Hunt makes an impact, for at least the first 12 games. Then i can see him worked into the nickel like Lamur was last season. I mean, we have 4 solid ends who will dress, plus 4 tackles. Unless we don't dress Thompson and work Gilberry at DT on game day, I don't see the room. IMO, theres no need to rush him anyway. Put him under Zim's wing and unleash him in 2014. Its a shame he's already 26(?).

Adopt a Bengal? Lemme holla at Hall or Burfict.

ChrisC made the sig.

We'll see on Hunt. I could see why it'd be hard for him to get snaps at first, but we'll see.

Im assuming we'll try and do some type of draft I guess...not sure what else to do.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any stat predictions for non-A.J. Green receivers? Sanu should be the #2, correct?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mich_fan20 wrote:
Any stat predictions for non-A.J. Green receivers? Sanu should be the #2, correct?

Sanu will likely be the number two but honestly in terms of targets he might be fourth or even fifth. Gresham and A.J. will be the top two options for Andy this year, don't think changes in that regard. But it's pretty clear with the way we intend to use Eifert he's gonna be on the field in almost all passing situations and I think he's the #3 option.

After that it could be Sanu, it could be Andrew Hawkins or Gio Bernard as dump-off/slot options, especially on third down. Really think we could see Bernard with 45-55 catches this season, Hawkins might be the guy who sees a drop in targets but still I would expect 40+ catches.

Shows you how our offense has changed, that our #2 receiver might only be the fourth or fifth option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: