Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt-A-Rookie (and all rookie news)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
No word on John Lotullalalalala?

Nope Laughing

Surprised there hasn't been much word on guys like him and christine michael.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Plush wrote:

Nope Laughing

Here is a short little exert from a article on NFL.com, quoting DC Dan Quinn:
Quote:

That means we get him soon after." In the meantime, though, much to Quinn's delight, other players have emerged. This, you see, is the defensive boss' favorite facet of camp: "What I love about preseason is, every year it's like, 'Where did that dude come from?' " This year, two rookies have caught Quinn's eye: outside linebacker John Lotulelei from UNLV and pass rusher Benson Mayowa from Idaho. I looked quizzically as he mentioned the names, seeing as both players went undrafted in April. "You haven't heard of these guys," Quinn said, "But you will. These dudes are going for it." Of course, when you have one of the NFL's nastiest secondaries in the "Legion of Boom," getting to the quarterback becomes an easier pursuit.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as almost everyone who'll make the 53 is gone, I'll take my chances on Benson Mayowa.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
Seeing as almost everyone who'll make the 53 is gone, I'll take my chances on Benson Mayowa.

An opportunist I see

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Plush wrote:

Nope Laughing

Ive seen quite a few articles on Michael. The writer for the as Seattle times, Danny something, said he looked like pretty much the fastest guy on the field.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training camp notebook: Seahawks find gem

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap1000000228223/article/training-camp-notebook-seahawks-find-gem

Quote:
That was fun, wasn't it? We're just getting started, but even after the first night of action, there are some fantasy tea leaves to read.

Running bird

Adam Rank is having a lot of fun on Twitter as he monitors fantasy overreactions, but the following isn't one of them. The Seahawks may have finally found a reliable backup for Marshawn Lynch. Rookie Christine Michael ran all over the Chargers for 89 yards on 16 carries in Seattle'spreseason opener. Last year, Marshawn Lynch went out of his mind and amassed 1,590 yards on the ground, which naturally delighted all of his fantasy owners. But nobody else on the roster was much help in the ground game, which likely did not sit well with the coaching staff. In fact, Russell Wilson was the team's second-leading rusher with 489, and no NFL coach can afford to put all his eggs into one RB basekt anymore.

Lynch is unquestionably still the featured back in this offense, but Michael's name should be appearing on your fantasy radars. With some huge question marks surrounding Seattle's passing game, I have a hard time believing Michael won't see a decent-sized workload this year. What does that mean in practical terms? Nothing is official yet, and anything can change on a moment's notice. But I'd expect Michael to log around 10 carries per game and maybe even get a few looks out of the backfield on screens.

wwhickok wrote:

chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Training camp notebook: Seahawks find gem

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap1000000228223/article/training-camp-notebook-seahawks-find-gem

Quote:
That was fun, wasn't it? We're just getting started, but even after the first night of action, there are some fantasy tea leaves to read.

Running bird

Adam Rank is having a lot of fun on Twitter as he monitors fantasy overreactions, but the following isn't one of them. The Seahawks may have finally found a reliable backup for Marshawn Lynch. Rookie Christine Michael ran all over the Chargers for 89 yards on 16 carries in Seattle'spreseason opener. Last year, Marshawn Lynch went out of his mind and amassed 1,590 yards on the ground, which naturally delighted all of his fantasy owners. But nobody else on the roster was much help in the ground game, which likely did not sit well with the coaching staff. In fact, Russell Wilson was the team's second-leading rusher with 489, and no NFL coach can afford to put all his eggs into one RB basekt anymore.

Lynch is unquestionably still the featured back in this offense, but Michael's name should be appearing on your fantasy radars. With some huge question marks surrounding Seattle's passing game, I have a hard time believing Michael won't see a decent-sized workload this year. What does that mean in practical terms? Nothing is official yet, and anything can change on a moment's notice. But I'd expect Michael to log around 10 carries per game and maybe even get a few looks out of the backfield on screens.

Adam Rank wrote this. He is a pretty bad writer, and I bet he just saw that Michael had a good game and wrote this. He said they "finally found a reliable backup", but I doubt he knows who Justin Forsett or even Robert Turbin is. Laughing I'd bet he doesn't realize that Michael is actually a third right know.

All that aside, Michael looked great and I expect him to be our #1 in 2-3 years.

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Plush wrote:

Nope Laughing

The announcers on Fox wouldn't stop talking about him Laughing

imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks hope to keep finding undrafted gems

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/football/seahawks-hope-to-keep-finding-undrafted-gems/article_f218d29c-06db-11e3-aede-0019bb2963f4.html

Quote:
SEATTLE (AP) — Before they landed in Seattle’s camp, Benson Mayowa and John Lotulelei knew nothing of the Seahawks’ recent history of giving undrafted rookies a spot on the final 53-man roster.

All they understood was the difficulty of coming into a camp where there were very few position competitions and with a team facing high expectations.

“I had no knowledge of how hard it is to make a team as an undrafted free agent,” Lotulelei said. “How I put it (was), wherever I go I’m going to give them my best and if they don’t want me, then I know I have other chances with other teams.”

If Mayowa and Lotulelei continue to play the way they did in the Seahawks’ preseason opener, their chance may come in Seattle.

While much of the focus when the Denver Broncos face the Seahawks on Saturday night will be on quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson and on two teams with Super Bowl aspirations meeting in a meaningless game, there are plenty of subplots.

One that has emerged in the three weeks of Seahawks camp is another possible influx of undrafted free agents making a splash.

While Seattle’s current roster is littered with undrafted free agents who finished their college careers last season, there are a handful that stood out in the preseason opener last week against San Diego, including Mayowa, Lotulelei and offensive lineman Alvin Bailey. They need only look at Seattle’s track record if they want to gauge their chances of sticking around.

wwhickok wrote:

imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine Michael shines in Seahawks ugly win

http://www.examiner.com/article/christine-michael-shines-seahawks-ugly-win

Quote:
You can say this much for the Seahawks: the refs didn’t help them pull off the win this time.

In a game marked by hard-hitting defense, up-and-down play from quarterback Russell Wilson, and 182 penalty yards, the Seahawks pulled out a 17-10 win at Lambeau Field last night against the Packers in the team's first meeting since last year’s fabled “Fail Mary” game.

Running back Christine Michael was the star player for the Seahawks, finishing with 97 yards on 11 carries, including a 43-yard touchdown run in the 3rd quarter. It was another impressive game for the rookie, who ran for 89 yards in Seattle’s week one preseason win over the Chargers but sat out last week’s game against the Broncos with back spasms.

“It was really great to see Christine Michael come back,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters at his post game press conference. “Both games he’s played in he’s been a factor and he looked very good tonight.”

His performance stood out all the more due to the ugly play around him. The Seahawks were flagged for 14 penalties totaling 182 yards in the game.

“The distractions of giving up 180-something yards of penalties is ridiculously hard to deal with,” Carroll said.

Russell Wilson looked impressive on the opening drive, going 5 for 5 and adding a 13-yard scramble to move Seattle to the Green Bay 9-yard-line. But he took a long sack on second down that forced a field goal, and never quite looked comfortable afterward, finishing 11/17 for 126 yards and 2 interceptions.

Aaron Rodgers played just one series for the Packers, throwing for 41 yards on 4 of 7 passing, while Vince Young provided most of the Packers highlights, throwing a third quarter touchdown pass and adding another 39 yards on the ground.

The Seahawks wrap up their preseason Thursday night when they host the Oakland Raiders.

wwhickok wrote:

Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim pickins...ummmmm....gimme Michael Bowie

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
imani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you were wondering, this is far from over. Will be tracking this throughout the season.

wwhickok wrote:

SoS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's over for me Laughing
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on IR Laughing.

I'll show myself out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: