Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So how do you guys see your LB corps shaking out this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

Does this guy even watch football? Roach stRted the majority of the games in his time on that Bears defense. His signing was a coup for this organization.

Well you need to take it in context I think. Roach on his team would likely be nothing better than depth.
How is that when he's been a starter?

Yeah wasn't he Chicago's starting SLB before he moved to MLB?

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

Does this guy even watch football? Roach stRted the majority of the games in his time on that Bears defense. His signing was a coup for this organization.

Well you need to take it in context I think. Roach on his team would likely be nothing better than depth.

Yes he was. I am just saying for PITS they are used to seeing bigger names than that.

Personally I think he will do fine but I don't expect a ceiling higher than just above average. But that's ok, we don't need more than that right now.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

Yes he was. I am just saying for PITS they are used to seeing bigger names than that.

Personally I think he will do fine but I don't expect a ceiling higher than just above average. But that's ok, we don't need more than that right now.

Ohhhhh I thought you meant Chicago.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this in another thread... Rotation! Our starters will probably be Roach in the middle with Burnett and either Moore or Burris on the outside but in the nickel the backers will probably be Burnett and Maiava or however his names spelled since they're our best guys in coverage. Like to see Moore in a Von Miller role as a nickel rusher as well.

S\O Palooka on the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about him not starting for the Steelers. Those guys are getting long in the tooth.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our LB's will be rotated a lot depending on the down & the situation on the field. None of them are spectacular and each one brings something different to the team.

To start off I see it being:

WLB: Burris
MLB: Roach
SLB: Kevin Burnett
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

+1

Thank you for calling Roach's evaluation to the carpet. I was scrolling down asking myself what's taking so long?

Who was Foote or Greene or Porter BEFORE they made a name for themselves? If Roach was in Pittsburg he would be considered a developing prospect the Steelers shouldn't let get away. The Steelers don't go after this type of FA because they cultivate their own, as an example if Jason Worilds falters this season it will be a major setback. Usually there is a clear transition for the cornerstones of their defense however, this season is a rare anomaly because for the first time in long time Worilds will be anointed rather than take the position by pushing the aging veteran out.

With all due respect, if Miles Burris is a beast then I would be curious as to what team the OP follows and what coast he lives on or, in all fairness, a more detailed breakdown of what makes Burris a "beast". Imo, Burris is a one dimensional pass rushing OLB with tight hips and good straight-line speed, hence he struggles to make tackles in space. Moore's athleticism and versatility will quickly surpass Burris. Personally, I was shocked the Raiders didn't go harder after OLB Woodyard when he was a FA.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me I see Maiava signed for depth and STs. He does well with those roles. I have a hard time envisioning him as a full on starter for the Raiders.

WLB Moore, Maiava

MLB Roach, Boyko or Stupar, but if Roach went down I could see Burris making the transition.

SLB- Burnett, Burris

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLB: Kevin Burnett - Miles Burris
MLB: Nick Roach - Keenan Clayton
WLB: Sio Moore - Kaluka Maiava

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

He'd probably start over Larry Foote.

meh, that's kinda what I mean. He's a Larry Foote type of guy. Meaning you plug him in and hope that his smarts and leadership make up for a lack of physical ability.

and baggabonz, please make sure you get the quotes proper:

1. I referred to Burris as a "super-aggressive freakish athlete who is still learning"

2. I referred to Sio Moore as a "damn beast"

perhaps you got me mixed up? Smile

as for Foote, he was and always has been Just A Guy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Porter was an athletic freak, and if you mean Kevin Greene? He was a guy who averaged about a dozen sacks/season before he joined the Steelers. Perhaps I misunderstood you?
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
WLB: Kaluka Maiava - Miles Burris
MLB: Nick Roach - Kaelin Burnett
SLB: Sio Moore - Kevin Burnett

I heard Kaelin Burnett is playing 2nd string MLB not sure.

I believe in OTA's it was Moore at WLB, Roach at MLB and Burnett at SLB. I think we are looking to use Moore to suplement the pass rush so makes sense having him ruch from the WLB spot, he also could see some time with his hand in the dirt on 3rd and long.

Good thing is no-one is guaranteed a spot so they'll have to impress in camp. Burris played over aggressive last year and was sloppy as a result but I'd rather a guy had that fire in him and try and control it, should be much better prepared this year.

Maiava and Burris should really push for starting spots and the coaches seem to rate the younger Burnett though I've not seen a lot of him. I could conceivably see a starting trio of Burris / Roach / Moore.

Mine was based upon where guys was playing at the other day, keep in mind Miles Burris and someone else was not there they was hurt.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

+1

Thank you for calling Roach's evaluation to the carpet. I was scrolling down asking myself what's taking so long?

Who was Foote or Greene or Porter BEFORE they made a name for themselves? If Roach was in Pittsburg he would be considered a developing prospect the Steelers shouldn't let get away. The Steelers don't go after this type of FA because they cultivate their own, as an example if Jason Worilds falters this season it will be a major setback. Usually there is a clear transition for the cornerstones of their defense however, this season is a rare anomaly because for the first time in long time Worilds will be anointed rather than take the position by pushing the aging veteran out.

With all due respect, if Miles Burris is a beast then I would be curious as to what team the OP follows and what coast he lives on or, in all fairness, a more detailed breakdown of what makes Burris a "beast". Imo, Burris is a one dimensional pass rushing OLB with tight hips and good straight-line speed, hence he struggles to make tackles in space. Moore's athleticism and versatility will quickly surpass Burris. Personally, I was shocked the Raiders didn't go harder after OLB Woodyard when he was a FA.

Just so you are aware Burris had a freakishly good 3 cone drill time (usually considered a good indicator of agility) like MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Sio Moores.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandiegoraider1 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Roach is a nobody???

+1

Just so you are aware Burris had a freakishly good 3 cone drill time (usually considered a good indicator of agility) like MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Sio Moores.

When I refer to "tight hips" I'm referring to ability to flip your hips in coverage. When you are targeted 51 times and surrender 48 receptions (94.1% comp) you're a stiff in coverage.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Allen couldn't really run the defense he wanted to last season. This is why we brought in so many LBs, Roach, Maiava, Barnett, Moore... All those guys do different things. Allen is gonna mix it up so much we can call 3 guys starters, but all these guys will see so much playing time.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Dennis Allen couldn't really run the defense he wanted to last season. This is why we brought in so many LBs, Roach, Maiava, Barnett, Moore... All those guys do different things. Allen is gonna mix it up so much we can call 3 guys starters, but all these guys will see so much playing time.

Don't forget Tarver. I'm sure the LB moves have his finger prints on them as well. I'm interested to see how he can utilize the new guys.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: