Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daryl Smith question

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greg007


Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Daryl Smith question Reply with quote

I know people have touch on this but its almost June and the guy havent sign yet. Two years ago he was a top 10 LB. If the Jags aren't bringing him back can he not play to the level he once did. If I'm not mistaken he was ranked higher than Seahawks LB's 2 years ago. Anyone have info on this. A healthy D. Smith will make our LB's better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83726
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money


To my knowledge, he's only met with the Rams, so I'd assume it isn't a money issue. Teams don't even seem to want to bring him in for a visit - there's got to be something we don't know going on.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83726
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money


To my knowledge, he's only met with the Rams, so I'd assume it isn't a money issue. Teams don't even seem to want to bring him in for a visit - there's got to be something we don't know going on.


Exactly, maybe his injury is more severe than we thought?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money


To my knowledge, he's only met with the Rams, so I'd assume it isn't a money issue. Teams don't even seem to want to bring him in for a visit - there's got to be something we don't know going on.


Exactly, maybe his injury is more severe than we thought?


I guess it could be a Fred Taylor-type situation where it's reported a minor injury when it's really quite severe (2001). Daryl isn't young, but he's not exactly old either. There has to be something else because the guy has been a stud for quite some time.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83726
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money


To my knowledge, he's only met with the Rams, so I'd assume it isn't a money issue. Teams don't even seem to want to bring him in for a visit - there's got to be something we don't know going on.


Exactly, maybe his injury is more severe than we thought?


I guess it could be a Fred Taylor-type situation where it's reported a minor injury when it's really quite severe (2001). Daryl isn't young, but he's not exactly old either. There has to be something else because the guy has been a stud for quite some time.


Fred Taylor was always considered an injury risk though, especially given the position. Daryl has sorta come outta no where(although he has been hurt some)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A healthy Daryl Smith, absolutely!

But there is something there we dont know, either he is still hurt or he wants too much money


To my knowledge, he's only met with the Rams, so I'd assume it isn't a money issue. Teams don't even seem to want to bring him in for a visit - there's got to be something we don't know going on.


Exactly, maybe his injury is more severe than we thought?


I guess it could be a Fred Taylor-type situation where it's reported a minor injury when it's really quite severe (2001). Daryl isn't young, but he's not exactly old either. There has to be something else because the guy has been a stud for quite some time.


Fred Taylor was always considered an injury risk though, especially given the position. Daryl has sorta come outta no where(although he has been hurt some)


I was thinking of the specific circumstance where Taylor was week-to week all year long with a groin that was torn off the bone. I'm not saying Daryl is that bad off, but something has to be more severe than what they've been leading on.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46317
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Smith isn't getting calls for the same reasons Urlacher wasn't.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Daryl Smith isn't getting calls for the same reasons Urlacher wasn't.


It makes sense that his talent has eroded, but Daryl is a couple years younger than Brian. Smith is 31 and Urlacher is 35. There's got to be a reason his abilities have eroded so much in less than a year.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greg007


Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 408
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the point he's 31 and didn't play really last year... I cant figure that one out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46317
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Daryl Smith isn't getting calls for the same reasons Urlacher wasn't.


It makes sense that his talent has eroded, but Daryl is a couple years younger than Brian. Smith is 31 and Urlacher is 35. There's got to be a reason his abilities have eroded so much in less than a year.
The injury at that age can be an accelerant. And while he may be 4 years younger, Urlacher was a rare breed to play at that level for that long. Teams just don't want to get involved with aging LBs unless they're blitzing specialists.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83726
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Daryl Smith isn't getting calls for the same reasons Urlacher wasn't.


It makes sense that his talent has eroded, but Daryl is a couple years younger than Brian. Smith is 31 and Urlacher is 35. There's got to be a reason his abilities have eroded so much in less than a year.
The injury at that age can be an accelerant. And while he may be 4 years younger, Urlacher was a rare breed to play at that level for that long. Teams just don't want to get involved with aging LBs unless they're blitzing specialists.


True, but he is still a coverage guy too and you need that in this NFL
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group