Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which player won't be ready for training camp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Which player won't be ready for training camp? Reply with quote

Shanahan hinted today that there’s only one player he doesn’t think will be ready when training camp begins. Like usual, he wouldn't spill the beans and say who. he told reporters they would need to “guess” at who it was. Do you think this is true or Shanahan smokescreen?

1. Adam Carriker: Carriker has had multiple setbacks in his rehab from his torn quad last year. Insiders say, Carriker has been having a hard time simply walking.

2. Jordan Bernstine: Bernstine tore his ACL, MCL and PCL in week 1. He is having a hard time coming back from his injury. Insiders say, they don’t see his knee being right again, which is sad.

3. Roy Helu: Helu Struggled in rehabbing his turf toe and sore Achilles.
It's widely believed that he'll be ready for camp but its not sure.

4. Robert Griffin III: Rg3 could it out till doctors clear him, as everyone said its the doctors call.

Griffin has been practicing with Pierre Garçon, Jordan Reed, Chris Thompson and Fred Davis who are all coming off injuries and limited in OTA’s.

The fact tht he's throwing to these guys makes me believe he'll be participating in most of camp.

My guess is its Bernstine. I just think his injury was so awful. I hope he's put on practice squad or ir to try again next year if he's not fully 100% next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Chase Minnifield? Somehow, I don't think he'll be ready for TC.
Duke Ihenacho: bleh
Ryan Clark: 5 tackles, 1 PDef
Logan Paulsen: 2 catches, 0 yards!
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
What about Chase Minnifield? Somehow, I don't think he'll be ready for TC.

Then I'd question whether he'll ever be ready.

Dude's will have had well over a year of rehab time at that point (or since his injury). It wasn't -that- gruesome, I thought it was just another ACL tear. It just happened to be on the same knee.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 is right, and Minifield is fine. When RG3 was just starting his rehab it was reported that Minifield was ready to go then, in February. He's definitely going to challenge Crawford for the last cb roster spot. It he doesn't best him out, i hope he can be added to the PS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Josh Wilson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/josh-wilson-had-surgery-on-torn-labrum-and-pectoral/
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Maybe Josh Wilson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/josh-wilson-had-surgery-on-torn-labrum-and-pectoral/
yeah. Josh Wilson and garçon had similar surgeries
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1652372-washington-redskins-otas-rg3-draftees-and-the-latest-player-news-and-analysis/page/11

Quote:
Lastly, the Redskins had only one player not participating at all during the first week of OTAs. Defensive end Adam Carriker, whose 2012 season ended early after he suffered a quad tendon tear in Week 2 requiring surgery. He then had an undisclosed setback to his recovery in mid-March.

Carriker spent part of Friday afternoon on his radio talk show, 4th and Pain, which airs on an all-sports FM radio station in Washington, DC. He described his prolonged and continued rehabilitation.

“I’m a little bit different on the aspect that I am inside rehabbing because that’s where I need to be for my rehab process. I need to be inside, I need to be working with a trainer one-on-one and just getting this thing stronger and ready to go for the season.”

brandonb2005

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a tough break for Bernstein, he has had a lot of durability issues. He only played one full season in college. He had season ending injuries freshaman-junior years.

He was a chance at best, took a kid with outstanding measurables even compared to Bob Sanders. But the one thing that comparison has in common that isn't good is the injuries they both have suffered.

I had high hopes for Bernstein but its not looking to good for him at this point in his career. With Merriweather returning and the two draft picks its going to be hard to win a job over two guys that excel on special teams.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Davis
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Fred Davis
he participated in OTAs, running a little and catching passes from RG3. It's pretty clear it's going to be Carriker, he's barely walking

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1652372-washington-redskins-otas-rg3-draftees-and-the-latest-player-news-and-analysis/page/11

Quote:
Lastly, the Redskins had only one player not participating at all during the first week of OTAs. Defensive end Adam Carriker, whose 2012 season ended early after he suffered a quad tendon tear in Week 2 requiring surgery. He then had an undisclosed setback to his recovery in mid-March.

Carriker spent part of Friday afternoon on his radio talk show, 4th and Pain, which airs on an all-sports FM radio station in Washington, DC. He described his prolonged and continued rehabilitation.

“I’m a little bit different on the aspect that I am inside rehabbing because that’s where I need to be for my rehab process. I need to be inside, I need to be working with a trainer one-on-one and just getting this thing stronger and ready to go for the season.”
Doesn't sound promising on Carriker at this point. We need him back we're a little thin at DE with him and really weak at DE without him. He'll either regain his starting position or be an important part of the rotation once back (Although he's making a lot to be a rotation guy IMO).

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Doesn't sound promising on Carriker at this point. We need him back we're a little thin at DE with him and really weak at DE without him. He'll either regain his starting position or be an important part of the rotation once back (Although he's making a lot to be a rotation guy IMO).

Carriker would be my guess too. Disappointing because he gives us a Ton of strength on the line...
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Carriker would be my guess too. Disappointing because he gives us a Ton of strength on the line...

Carriker is going to get puped.....Hopefully wel will get him back around week eight. That would be a nice charge to the Dline rotation at the half way point!!! I just dont see him being ready for camp. The dude cant eve jog right now. Brace, Merling, and Gholston will have to step up!!!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Carriker is going to get puped.....Hopefully wel will get him back around week eight. That would be a nice charge to the Dline rotation at the half way point!!! I just dont see him being ready for camp. The dude cant eve jog right now. Brace, Merling, and Gholston will have to step up!!!

I would say focus on Golston as the other two are dust bin reclamation projects (and doubtful in terms of any recovered value). Obviously, Jenkins as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: