You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers wants GB to retire Favre's #
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Retire it?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 40 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
In 20 Years
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
NEVER
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 61

pops408

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres My Take On The Matter: Anybody Who Hated TT For Getting Rid Of Favre Back Then Was Being A Complete [inappropriate/removed] (I Held The Same Opinion In 2008). Also Anybody Who Holds Unforgiving Hate And Refuses To The Acknowledge The Man Who Brought Us So Much Glory For So Many Years Needs To Sack Up And Get The Hell Over It.

His Number Needs To Be Retired. Asap
thrILL!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone even consider this when he hasn't shown a single iota of regret, much less remorse, much less repentance? It shouldn't even be on the table until he's knee deep in making amends.

Until then, I'd rather retire the player who wore #4 before BrINT. Whoever that was. Wink

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best course of action is to not retire it, but don't issue it out either. He's not deserving of the team honor, but there's no need to throw gas on the fire and give his old number to someone else either.

One of those issues where not addressing it is actually the best solution.
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
best course of action is to not retire it, but don't issue it out either. He's not deserving of the team honor, but there's no need to throw gas on the fire and give his old number to someone else either.

One of those issues where not addressing it is actually the best solution.

From what I understand the league frowns on retiring numbers (I think they retired Reggie's jersey and not technically his number). I'm with incognito here - shelve the idea but do not issue #4 again.
Polaris

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pops408 wrote:
Heres My Take On The Matter: Anybody Who Hated TT For Getting Rid Of Favre Back Then Was Being A Complete [inappropriate/removed] (I Held The Same Opinion In 2008). Also Anybody Who Holds Unforgiving Hate And Refuses To The Acknowledge The Man Who Brought Us So Much Glory For So Many Years Needs To Sack Up And Get The Hell Over It.

An astoundingly myopic view, IMO. "the Man who brought us so much glory"?? You're kidding, right? One title. Incredible meltdown playoff chokes in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007. One of the worst seasons EVER by a QB in 2005.

"Get the Hell over it"?? Listen, amigo.....when somebody goes out of their way to smear crap over something that I've loved my entire life the way Favre went out of his way to smear crap on the organization after his departure......well, that's not something I'm going to get over. Especially when he's expressed no regret, nor remorse, for what he did.

It is the highest honor the franchise can give, and it shouldn't be given to a person who has behaved dishonorably towards the franchise. You wouldn't give the Medal of Honor to a soldier who intentionally took shots at the members of his own unit.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pops408 wrote:

That's the longest book title I've ever seen.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How 'bout we retire his number the season following Rodger's second World Championship?.....By than, barring any thing short of Devine intervention, Burt will see the light......

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
How 'bout we retire his number the season following Rodger's second World Championship?.....By than, barring any thing short of Devine intervention, Burt will see the light......
By next year, really? Laughing
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
pops408 wrote:

Yes, I was trying to resist, but the effort this must take boggles my mind.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
By next year, really? Laughing

Well, IF that's too soon for you, we could wait until after his third or fourth ring..... Very Happy....I just thought how appropriate it would be get a little dig in on Burt, by showing him his successor was able to do some thing he was not....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the organization wants this thing done.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216587/article/packers-ceo-brett-favre-deserves-number-retirement

Quote:
Said Murphy: "(...) Brett will be a first ballot Hall of Famer in 2016, and we would like to retire his number prior to his induction."

[quote="Macc_Aviv"](Mike Daniels) rushes the passer to get from point A to point B. Walking doesn't suit his personality.[/quote]
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pops408 wrote:

I can't believe your capitalized every word. Except i/r. Crazy. Shocked
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
pops408 wrote:

Yes, I was trying to resist, but the effort this must take boggles my mind.
Either using Microsoft Word, or some features on mobile phones can capitalize every word in a message. I bet he accidentally did that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: