You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers wants GB to retire Favre's #
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Retire it?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 40 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
In 20 Years
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
NEVER
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 61

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really care anymore, but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from his last 7 years. Choke job after choke job.

jagman777 wrote:
I'm glad Rahdjahs doesn't have the same mindset as bitter fans. I think it's about time to let it go. Laughing

I let go after we saw Clay throw him on the ground in the Metrodome.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Don't really care anymore, but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from his last 7 years. Choke job after choke job.

jagman777 wrote:
I'm glad Rahdjahs doesn't have the same mindset as bitter fans. I think it's about time to let it go. Laughing

Yup. Dat bitterness. It really stinks up the place.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

jagman777 wrote:

He left, threw an INT and blew Minnesota's chance at a Super Bowl, and then got the crap beat out of him in his last season. In the meantime, he completely destroyed his reputation. Oh, and in that last season, Rodgers was busy winning a Super Bowl. Bitter?

Not liking someone doesn't equate to being bitter. He crapped all over his relationship with GB fans. Calling it being bitter is just insulting and pretty ignorant. I have plenty of reasons to dislike him, and not a single reason to forgive him. Haven't seen him make an effort to reconcile.

We should retire his number because we are a classy organization, but good luck getting this child to show up.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, Aaron is a nice guy, so he's going to say things like that.

Had he left us in a classy manner such as Kurt Warner or even Donovan freaking McNabb left their clubs, I'd be inclined to agree, too.

BUT ALAS, retiring the number is the highest honor, and he simply doesn't deserve that kind of honor.

[quote="Macc_Aviv"](Mike Daniels) rushes the passer to get from point A to point B. Walking doesn't suit his personality.[/quote]
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

jagman777 wrote:

He left, threw an INT and blew Minnesota's chance at a Super Bowl, and then got the crap beat out of him in his last season. In the meantime, he completely destroyed his reputation. Oh, and in that last season, Rodgers was busy winning a Super Bowl. Bitter?

Not liking someone doesn't equate to being bitter. He crapped all over his relationship with GB fans. Calling it being bitter is just insulting and pretty ignorant. I have plenty of reasons to dislike him, and not a single reason to forgive him. Haven't seen him make an effort to reconcile.

We should retire his number because we are a classy organization, but good luck getting this child to show up.

He won you guys a super bowl, and all you can dwell on is the last couple years where both sides of the party felt disrespected. He could have handled it better, but I think it was reasonable for him to feel slighted in a way. Just seems to me like the positives of Bret's tenure greatly outweigh the pissing contest at the end, and it's all over now, but a lot of you can't get over it. just my unimportant opinion. Surprised
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still don't see how the organization mishandled it. Nobody ever has any specifics when they mention this. Why not?
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In due time... They were friends once, but my pain is still unhealed. It really is a matter of when, not if. 20 years? If we're waiting that long just retire 4 and 12 together...
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate isn't even worth it for me anymore. I'll just step back and watch.

It just totally baffles me how anyone could side with Brett. At all. Look at how he handled his exit. Look at his actions since leaving. Far too many things have happened to make me still believe he's a good person, let alone my views on him as a football player.

The organization handled it as well as they could have. Brett was the one playing his indecisive games. And then he went on his revenge tour, OPENLY ADMITTING that he was trying to stick it to Ted. Rumors swirl about him helping the Lions plan for us. I mean, it's just too much. And it's not bitterness. Rodgers stepped in and became the best QB in the league. We won a ring soon after Favre left. We're good.

If you want to say "just get over it", no. Why? I'm aware of all of the great things he did for this organization. I'm also aware of how he did his best to erase that when he left. I'll wait for him to show some remorse. I think I'll be waiting for a while.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron rodgers

9/10 aesthetics
10/10 character
11/10 quarterback
12/10 facial hair
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 is already retired, just not formally.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we will and should retire his number before he goes into the HOF. I don't like the way he left but I choose to remember the good times he had with us over the bad.

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens this year, and I was in attendance (I probably won't be) I would boo Favre.

If it happens next year, maybe not.

But not yet, not this year.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care. I have a couple Favre books my dad got me (dad loves him some Favre) and I might have a jersey still (haven't worn a jersey in years) but I'm not going to buy any memorabilia with my money. I'm not one in favor of jerking him around either. If he wants to come to a ceremony, have one. If not, just retire the number with no ceremony, nobody is wearing it anyway.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

MUOH

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26 (Herb Adderley), 31 (Jim Taylor) and 87 (Willie Davis) won a lot more championships and have been a lot more appreciative of the time they spent in Green Bay.

Packers should think about retiring 89 (Dave Robinson) just for the hit he put on Don Meredith on fourth-and-goal from the Green Bay 2 in the 66 NFL Championship.

4 can be retired at some point but the line of great Packers that deserve the honor of a retired number is long.
justo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care anymore, tbh. Bring Brett back. After this wall is broken then everything will be a lot smoother, imo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: