Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How well do we match up with ARZ,SEA,and SF?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: How well do we match up with ARZ,SEA,and SF? Reply with quote

It's slow around the forum this time of year, so I thought I'd invite everyone to weigh in on how they felt we matched up against our divisional opponents. The scale I am going to use is the class A through F grading system. Feel free to use the same....

Arizona CardinalsGrade- A-

Our greatest strength over ARZ is in the trenches. I think we will sweep them easily this year because Carson Palmer will be abused by our pass rush. Our offense remains a mystery in terms of what we can expect. Consider this: With the exception of Jared Cook and Austin Pettis, every WR and RB on our roster is in either their freshman or sophomore year.

Seattle SeahawksGrade- C+

I have every confidence in our defense when it comes to containing read option style attacks. That said, Percy Harvin is likely to give us fits, and Marshawn Lynch is a good runner. I give us the low grade mainly, because I think the 2nd and 3rd level of their defense holds an advantage over our inexperienced pass catchers. We will likely split with them.

San Francisco 49ersGrade- B+

With Crabtree likely out for the season, or at least most of it, there is little in their passing game that I fear. Adding Jake Long will go a long way in slowing down their pass rush, although I doubt we will have an easy time running the ball against them. They've got a deficiency at safety just like we do, after they lost one of the best players on their defense. I think we split with them.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We match up with the division well just because we are equipped with the right personnel to run a spread offense, and these physical defenses in the division are not made to run around and cover 4-5 guys.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon is going to be a nightmare for Seattle. Browner or Sherman are not going to be able to cover him. Too shifty for those big corners.

With the niners, JL is one of the best coverage linebackers out there, so him being able to put in work on Davis creates a great match up for us too.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vernon Davis hasn't scored a TD against the Rams in 3 years (before JL was drafted). This squad has actually done a nice job in shutting him down. However, it's Crabtree that has given the Rams fits.

Rams played pretty well in the division last year. It's their play outside of the division that I'm worried about.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we match-up well with all three. We've done a nice job of building our team in a way that it attacks the weaknesses of SEA, SF and Arizona.

And the Harvin-Finnegan match-up against Seattle should be a good one.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher and Snead have done a great job imo of building this team to match up well in division and still not be pigeon holed to not be competitive out of it.

As for Davis he's had a couple big games but nothing amazing and zero TD's in the last three years vs the Rams. Last years two games he totaled 6 rec 45 yards. 2011 he had 13 rec 150 yds, one game was 8-118. 2010 he had 7 rec 149 yds. Some nice ypc but keeping him out of the end zone has been huge. I'd imagine Ogletree is just going to help that this year.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals will own the Rams next season. I find it hilarious that you guys think you match up well with them....
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
The Cardinals will own the Rams next season. I find it hilarious that you guys think you match up well with them....

Good luck with that. For your sake, maybe they'll keep the game within 1 score this year.

IAmPacman

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Good luck with that. For your sake, maybe they'll keep the game within 1 score this year.

Yea last season was ugly since we had QB's that weren't worthy of starting in the Arena Football League. It can't get any worse than last season.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Yea last season was ugly since we had QB's that weren't worthy of starting in the Arena Football League. It can't get any worse than last season.

It can. Turn on the 2009 Rams season. Things can get much worse. Ray Horton really saved you guys from a lot more misery.

IAmPacman

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

It can. Turn on the 2009 Rams season. Things can get much worse. Ray Horton really saved you guys from a lot more misery.

Ray was good but he had to go because he had attitude problems and was getting in fights with Dockett. We have Arians now though for our offense so everything will be ok Very Happy
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Ray was good but he had to go because he had attitude problems and was getting in fights with Dockett. We have Arians now though for our offense so everything will be ok Very Happy

You got to fix that o-line or Carson won't make it through week 3.

IAmPacman

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Well we drafted Cooper as you probably know. He is actually a very good pass protecter even though he is a guard. Massie and Potter played very well at the end of the season (especially Massie). And Levi is healthy now which should give us some more depth. Oh and I'm not sure if you are aware but our O-Line coach Russ Grimm is gone and he was AWFUL. Plus BA has hired 3 O-Line coaches (2 of them have multiple duties elsewhere on offense of course).
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh the issue with Bruce AIRians is that his offense is so vertically oriented that you really need great protection. If you get it, Fitzgerald, Floyd and Roberts should have big years but if you don't, Palmer is going to die. Laughing

Oh and also, Arians loves bubble screens. More than Whiz did. Wink

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:

Well we drafted Cooper as you probably know. He is actually a very good pass protecter even though he is a guard. Massie and Potter played very well at the end of the season (especially Massie). And Levi is healthy now which should give us some more depth. Oh and I'm not sure if you are aware but our O-Line coach Russ Grimm is gone and he was AWFUL. Plus BA has hired 3 O-Line coaches (2 of them have multiple duties elsewhere on offense of course).

I'm glad you are optimistic, but I'll bet on them giving up the most sacks in the NFC west.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: