Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random OTA talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Alan Shope @AlanKCTV5
Watching practice, Alex Smith just seems to have something other Chiefs QB's haven't had in a while...focus??? Attention to detail?

Andy Reid and John Dorsey bet the house on Alex Smith this offseason, so this is the sort of feedback you like to hear in OTAs. It's early and lots of guys get praised this time of year who will fail to impress later on. But Smith is doing all the right things early for the Chiefs.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/29/4376950/kansas-city-chiefs-otas-bowe-sits-flowers-and-albert-out-sick%20

From everything I've read and heard, Alex commands respect. Fasano I think said when Alex is in the huddle, all eyes on him. No question he's already the leader on offense, as most QBs are.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout time....nuff said!! Wink
marnz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing for me is #2 wr apparently baldwin is in the lead but playing at a c+ leve l

One great thing is that I hear andy reid is spending a lot of time with him im sure he sees the potential if he gets ot out of him this offense will be scary
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
The biggest thing for me is #2 wr apparently baldwin is in the lead but playing at a c+ level

Agree. Bowe, the backs, and TEs don't concern me a bit. But I do hope there can be a WR2 that can step it up and truly earn a solid role.

___
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Alan Shope @AlanKCTV5
Watching practice, Alex Smith just seems to have something other Chiefs QB's haven't had in a while...focus??? Attention to detail?

Andy Reid and John Dorsey bet the house on Alex Smith this offseason, so this is the sort of feedback you like to hear in OTAs. It's early and lots of guys get praised this time of year who will fail to impress later on. But Smith is doing all the right things early for the Chiefs.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/29/4376950/kansas-city-chiefs-otas-bowe-sits-flowers-and-albert-out-sick%20

From everything I've read and heard, Alex commands respect. Fasano I think said when Alex is in the huddle, all eyes on him. No question he's already the leader on offense, as most QBs are.

Yeah, Alex has been a huge addition to the team. It is crazy to think we could have gotten Geno with our 2nd pick, but the Geno hype train from me was really just me wanting a franchise QB and forcing Geno into that role, kind of.

Bowe said that he's never played with a QB like Alex Smith who is so demanding in the huddle. Called Alex Smith the team leader. Also sounds like Alex Smith already has most of the new offense down, telling guys where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing.

Man I can't wait for the season to start. I don't care if being enthusiastic has left me let down in the past. I won't hold it back this year either, and I really, really have a good feeling about this year.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Man I can't wait for the season to start. I don't care if being enthusiastic has left me let down in the past. I won't hold it back this year either, and I really, really have a good feeling about this year.

I really love this attitude.. thanks. I have been reading all around on KC forums. Lots of different perspectives.. and some are downright miserable. I was shocked to see so many defeated fans... as I think there is much to be optimistic about.

Failed attempts in the past does not equal failed attempt this time. Lots of changes occurred.. and this team is looking good.

___
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
marnz wrote:
The biggest thing for me is #2 wr apparently baldwin is in the lead but playing at a c+ level

Agree. Bowe, the backs, and TEs don't concern me a bit. But I do hope there can be a WR2 that can step it up and truly earn a solid role.

You know what else....Alex ain't good enough to overcome garbage at nearly every position like a Rodgers, Brady, or Manning (they always atleast had a good WR or two), but let's say the running game is top notch, the TE's are are very solid with depth, the OL is extremely capable, the playcalling is proven, he's got a slot toy he's never had who's produced decently despite poor circumstances, and a true #1 WR....even if worse case scenario happens and WR #2 is the worst in the league, will that hold Alex back from being able to lead a very productive offense?

Despite the easy schedule, you can even point to what KC with Cassel was able to do in 2010 with crap for a #2 WR...that was unable to be duplicated in following years, partly because Cassel was exposed, but mostly because of poor preseason preparation, injuries, and coaching issues.

I'm struggling to name a team off the top of my head that is at or above average at:

WR1,WR2,slot, TE's, RB's, and OL. KC looks to be right at or above average at all but WR2 (TE's are average, but as a group look to be about top half of the league).

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I really love this attitude.. thanks. I have been reading all around on KC forums. Lots of different perspectives.. and some are downright miserable. I was shocked to see so many defeated fans... as I think there is much to be optimistic about.

Failed attempts in the past does not equal failed attempt this time. Lots of changes occurred.. and this team is looking good.

Lol it will just make this season even sweeter when I can rub it in the faces of those who say things like "we've heard this from you fans the last couple of years" as if this isn't the same talented core with even more surrounding talent, a infinite times better coaching staff, and a veteran QB that people will compare to Matt Cassel when he is really much much better.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know what else....Alex ain't good enough to overcome garbage at nearly every position like a Rodgers, Brady, or Manning (they always atleast had a good WR or two), but let's say the running game is top notch, the TE's are are very solid with depth, the OL is extremely capable, the playcalling is proven, he's got a slot toy he's never had who's produced decently despite poor circumstances, and a true #1 WR....even if worse case scenario happens and WR #2 is the worst in the league, will that hold Alex back from being able to lead a very productive offense

solid reading right here

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
solid reading right here

Man that is a long sentence...must be a KU grad huh RVM?

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Yeah, Alex has been a huge addition to the team. It is crazy to think we could have gotten Geno with our 2nd pick, but the Geno hype train from me was really just me wanting a franchise QB and forcing Geno into that role, kind of.

Bowe said that he's never played with a QB like Alex Smith who is so demanding in the huddle. Called Alex Smith the team leader. Also sounds like Alex Smith already has most of the new offense down, telling guys where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing.

Don't apologize for being optimistic or excited. I think most of us are, including me (believe it or not!). I don't have grandiose expectations like some, but it will be nice to see fairly competent QB play and coaching for a change. The last few years have been miserable!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6/6/4402682/gil-brandt-kansas-city-chiefs-make-playoffs-2013

Gil Brandt: 'I can easily see the Kansas City Chiefs in the playoffs'

Very Happy

___
CRW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs are the first team in the AFC West to wrap of their offseason work. They had their mandatory minicamp this week and do not assemble again until they begin training camp in late July. The other three teams in the division have their mandatory minicamps next week.

Tyler Bray has impressed during Kansas City's OTAs.
Kansas City coach Andy Reid is excited about undrafted free-agent, quarterback Tyler Bray. He was expected to go in the mid-rounds. But because of worries about his overall inconsistencies he went undrafted. Yet, Bray was strong this spring with the Chiefs. He has a very strong chance of sticking on the 53-man roster as the No. 3 quarterback, where he would start the process of a being a developmental player. Ill tell you, he did a nice job. He did a really nice job, Reid told reporters in Kansas City on Thursday. You never know until you get them here. Hes in a good room, so hes got good examples around him as players. Hes got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. Hes embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.
Running back Jamaal Charles ran for 1,509 yards last season. Yet, he knows his job description is changing with Reid as his coach. Charles will still carry the ball often, but Reid likes getting his running backs involved in the passing game. I know my role in my mind will be doing lots of stuff with the offense, Charles said. Im like (Brian) Westbrook and (LeSean) McCoy as far as how I fit into (Reids) offense ... I definitely need to do more studying and knowing the scheme of the defense, especially playing a position like wide receiver. I have to go in there and try to read the defense. Last year, I didnt have any catches out of the backfield. I feel like this year it will be more.
New cornerback Sean Smith said most of the defensive backs will train together in the Miami area during the coming weeks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/58988/tyler-bray-impressing-in-k-c
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things that stand out...

Quote:
You never know until you get them here. Hes in a good room, so hes got good examples around him as players. Hes got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. Hes embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.

Certainly seems like the Stanzi project is over

Quote:
Last year, I didnt have any catches out of the backfield. I feel like this year it will be more.

Not to point out the obvious, but it can't be less. Though if our QB's last year could have been marginally accurate...he should have had SOME catches.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: