Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random OTA talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
I know some of you read from AP alot, thought this was a pretty good write up though.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/17/4339030/looking-at-alex-smith-in-the-pistol-including-a-gif-pics

I don't see this as a our base offense obviously, but looks like a good set to run throughout a game.

Im one of those people Cool

I think the pistol Will not only help Alex (he ran it in SF i believe) but Will help this personal. Line up Charles and Knile Davis along Alex with Bowe, Kelce/Fasano/Moeaki; makes this offense harder to defend.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
I know some of you read from AP alot, thought this was a pretty good write up though.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/17/4339030/looking-at-alex-smith-in-the-pistol-including-a-gif-pics

I don't see this as a our base offense obviously, but looks like a good set to run throughout a game.

I think the pistol Will not only help Alex (he ran it in SF i believe) but Will help this personal. Line up Charles and Knile Davis along Alex with Bowe, Kelce/Fasano/Moeaki; makes this offense harder to defend.

Also makes the Chiefs #2 WR less important. Obviously we can't run this as our Base Offense, I think defenses will catch on, but if teams start doubling Bowe and we can't get the ball to another WR, I think we can run this set some throughout part of the games to give the defenses another wrinkle.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

Also makes the Chiefs #2 WR less important. Obviously we can't run this as our Base Offense, I think defenses will catch on, but if teams start doubling Bowe and we can't get the ball to another WR, I think we can run this set some throughout part of the games to give the defenses another wrinkle.

Agreed

I really do think in next year's draft we will be drafting wr in round 1 unless badwin steps up this year
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

Agreed

I really do think in next year's draft we will be drafting wr in round 1 unless badwin steps up this year

I could easily see another pass rusher on the DL, especially if Tyson isn't re-signed.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
marnz wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:

Agreed

I could easily see another pass rusher on the DL, especially if Tyson isn't re-signed.

Stephon Tuitt, ftw Cool

Mongo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a Rotoworld blip on Dexter McCluster’s minor injury. They called him “the slot guy”. Is this true? Is he WR3? If so, that means the loser of Avery versus Baldwin is WR4 and the odd man out barring injury.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
I read a Rotoworld blip on Dexter McCluster’s minor injury. They called him “the slot guy”. Is this true? Is he WR3? If so, that means the loser of Avery versus Baldwin is WR4 and the odd man out barring injury.

From the reports I've seen, he's been the primary slot guy in OTAs. Avery isn't really in the mix there IMO. Baldwin was also mentioned by Dorsey as a potential slot guy (think Marques Colston). And of course Wiley projects there, but I've not heard a peep about himso far.

^ryknowssd on the sig
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/30/4264687/chiefs-like-what-theyve-seen-so.html

Chiefs like what they've seen so far from QB Alex Smith

Quote:
"He's been everything that we thought he was,'' Nagy said of Smith. "He's a true professional. He's in his (playbook) every day. He's always asking questions, trying to get better. He's being a leader for the other QBs as well.'' "He's comfortable with what we're doing,'' Pederson said. "He's understanding the terminology, and he's orchestrating that at the line of scrimmage. We're really pleased with where he's at right now.'' "I'm with him every single day,'' Nagy said. "Just talking X's and O's and past experiences he's had, he brings some good things to our attention as a staff. He has a lot of valuable experience. He's been through a lot. Having those experiences and coming in here to a team with a new staff, it's been an awesome experience.''

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u look on ap offense had a lot of tds today
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@adamteicher wrote:
Today's Chiefs injury was to Jamaal Charles. Right toe injury. Left practice early

@adamteicher wrote:
Charles had toe stepped on. Having x rays

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
@adamteicher wrote:
Today's Chiefs injury was to Jamaal Charles. Right toe injury. Left practice early

@adamteicher wrote:
Charles had toe stepped on. Having x rays

Whoever did that is getting cut Evil or Very Mad Laughing

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The x-rays came back clean. Nothing to see here.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Just random OTA talk. It's on-topic. Razz

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Just random OTA talk. It's on-topic. Razz

No problem just updating.

^ryknowssd on the sig
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alan Shope @AlanKCTV5
Watching practice, Alex Smith just seems to have something other Chiefs QB's haven't had in a while...focus??? Attention to detail?

Andy Reid and John Dorsey bet the house on Alex Smith this offseason, so this is the sort of feedback you like to hear in OTAs. It's early and lots of guys get praised this time of year who will fail to impress later on. But Smith is doing all the right things early for the Chiefs.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/29/4376950/kansas-city-chiefs-otas-bowe-sits-flowers-and-albert-out-sick%20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: