Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random OTA talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Random OTA talk Reply with quote

I keep hearing these little bits of information come out of OTAs and I want a place to talk about them without having to start a new thread for every tiny piece of info we get

To start: Today DMX got hurt diving for a ball (he should be back next week) and KNILE DAVIS took over the #1 Kick Returner duties. Thoughts?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal Charles was used as a KR. Davis has game changing speed. Good opportunity to get him on the field early.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:28/Sacks:10/FF:1/FR:0
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Random OTA talk Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I keep hearing these little bits of information come out of OTAs and I want a place to talk about them without having to start a new thread for every tiny piece of info we get

To start: Today DMX got hurt diving for a ball (he should be back next week) and KNILE DAVIS took over the #1 Kick Returner duties. Thoughts?

I think I mentioned that when he was drafted. I expect him to keep that role if he can hold onto the football. I still dont know who is going to be the Punt Returner though, Davis seems a bit too big for that role.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Random OTA talk Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

I think I mentioned that when he was drafted. I expect him to keep that role if he can hold onto the football. I still dont know who is going to be the Punt Returner though, Davis seems a bit too big for that role.

Maybe Wylie?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:28/Sacks:10/FF:1/FR:0
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Random OTA talk Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Maybe Wylie?

Wylie and McCluster are probably the top 2. Anyone know if Avery has returned any?? That kid from Jacksonville State seemed like a possibility if he can find a roster spot.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Bray moved up above Stanzi on the depth chart. At least for now
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I saw that Bray moved up above Stanzi on the depth chart. At least for now

For one practice at least.

Moeaki will not participate at least until TC.

Tyson had a big day yesterday, with a couple batted balls and another would be sack.

Eric Kush had a couple bad snaps to Chase Daniel.

^ryknowssd on the sig
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ was really good to hear Tyson J was impressing yesterday. All starts up front, right?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/23/4360760/1369351585

pretty cool lil 5+ minute vid

Practice footage, OTA #5, courtesy of Stephen Brown, Chief Concerns

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on the radio that the difference in the QB play between this year and last year (at this point) is night and day. He did say that Cassel didn't set the bar very high.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the T-Jack news! I really thought we saw him coming on strong late last year, and I've never been a major detractor of his as the job responsibilities were the true culprit in his lack of sexy numbers. I'm hoping for 5+ sacks and 5+ PD's this year!

oldman9er wrote:
^ was really good to hear Tyson J was impressing yesterday. All starts up front, right?

That was a surprisingly cool video! That youtube user has others so check them out too! I really liked seeing Culley (is that right? wr coach) working with the WR's.. looked like some good stuff he was detailing there.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

That was a surprisingly cool video! That youtube user has others so check them out too! I really liked seeing Culley (is that right? wr coach) working with the WR's.. looked like some good stuff he was detailing there.

David Culley, yep. He has a lot of experience as a WRs coach. Really hoping he can extract a lot out of the young WRs on the roster... and hope they all put in the time to work that chemistry with Alex. There are a number of reasons for why Alex has been labeled "overly cautious" as a QB. Between plenty of poor (or flat out wrong) routes and awareness, defensive-minded coaches playing the field position game, the volley-tipped INTs, and years of many dropped passes.. the reputation was born. Trust is a two way street. If these guys are sharp and trustworthy? If he can trust them more than he did the SF wideouts? Special things can happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Love the T-Jack news! I really thought we saw him coming on strong late last year, and I've never been a major detractor of his as the job responsibilities were the true culprit in his lack of sexy numbers. I'm hoping for 5+ sacks and 5+ PD's this year!

oldman9er wrote:

this team has no #2 WR if he can get baldwin to reach his potential this will be a scary team
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/26/4367306/arrowheadlines-kansas-city-chiefs-news-5-26

Quote:
The Chiefs defense, which has been flying all over the field during recent OTAs, now has a better understanding of what exactly Smith brings to the table. "He's a smart QB," LB Derrick Johnson said. "He's a QB that gets in and out of the huddle really easily. His communications skills are great. Defensively, if we show him a certain coverage, he's going to know exactly what it is, so, on that part, we have to do a lot of disguising; we have to be straight on with our defenses, we have to execute, if not, Alex will pick us apart." Smith has not only accepted the role as one of the team's leaders, he's embraced it. "Heís been a great mentor," Baldwin said. "Alex is going to demand it from you; so, Iím just going to go up there and ask him where heís going to expect me to be and Iíll be in that spot. Those kinds of things help when youíre communicating with your QB and understand where he wants you to be and where the ball placement is going to be on certain throws."

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, so far it sounds like Alex Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Cassel. Not much of a surprise though.
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some of you read from AP alot, thought this was a pretty good write up though.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5/17/4339030/looking-at-alex-smith-in-the-pistol-including-a-gif-pics

I don't see this as a our base offense obviously, but looks like a good set to run throughout a game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: