Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants WR Victor Cruz holdsout; Update - Signs 1-year tender
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Cruz came off as a guy who wouldn't be "that guy".... Now he just looks like an incredible tool.

I thought there was a quote from him recently stating he'd sign for around $7 Million a year?

Why is he a tool? The Tool in this situation is Hakeem Nicks! Once again the yearly salary means absolutely nothing. It could be 13 million a year offered but if only one year is guaranteed it useless. They are most likely miles apart on the guaranteed portion of his contract which is the only part of his contract that matters in the end. The Giants are scrambling trying to figure out a scenario where they can somehow keep both WR's past 2014. Problem is like in AZ realistically there's no way with Eli, JPP and others already or about to get big contracts as well.

Why is Nicks a tool? And NYG's cap situation will look much rosier after 2013, there will be room for all four guys.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Cruz came off as a guy who wouldn't be "that guy".... Now he just looks like an incredible tool.

I thought there was a quote from him recently stating he'd sign for around $7 Million a year?

Why is he a tool? The Tool in this situation is Hakeem Nicks! Once again the yearly salary means absolutely nothing. It could be 13 million a year offered but if only one year is guaranteed it useless. They are most likely miles apart on the guaranteed portion of his contract which is the only part of his contract that matters in the end. The Giants are scrambling trying to figure out a scenario where they can somehow keep both WR's past 2014. Problem is like in AZ realistically there's no way with Eli, JPP and others already or about to get big contracts as well.

Why is Nicks a tool? And NYG's cap situation will look much rosier after 2013, there will be room for all four guys.

Last I checked Cruz was not under contract yet for 2013, Nicks already is. If either of the two is being considered a tool for their actions thus far, it's not Victor Cruz.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
mlv wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Last I checked Cruz was not under contract yet for 2013, Nicks already is. If either of the two is being considered a tool for their actions thus far, it's not Victor Cruz.

Nicks is not holding out. He hasn't demanded a new contract. He reported today to the mandatory workouts. All he's done is skip voluntary OTAs, which is a non-issue for me. I don't see how this behavior makes him a tool.

FWIW, I'm not upset with Cruz either.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he doesn't hold out for to long and settle for a 1 year deal. Then get on the field and pull a hamstring like most players that hold out.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor has come a long way, crushing in preseason then getting hurt, then playing great 2 years? and then holding out. He deserves a pay raise, but its amazing how quickly his career escalated

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Long-term talks continue. RT @JosinaAnderson: Victor Cruz told me he intends to sign his 1st-round restricted free agent tender of $2.879M

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/345559798001070081
Tom Brady Tribute
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longest holdout ever!!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Victor Cruz to me this morning, "I'm going to sign my tender today and will continue talks for a long-term deal before camp starts."

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/statuses/345559015687856129
Tom Brady Tribute
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness I hope you're not the next Javon Walker or Shawn Merriman, Vic? Good luck!

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
You really liked that GQ photoshoot :laugh:

That dog is hilarious.

That's not a dog. It's a rat with sunglasses and a bandana.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news for eli and the giants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Victor Cruz May Still Holdout Despite Signing RFA Tender

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/14/new-york-giants-victor-cruz-may-still-holdout-despite-signing-rfa-tender-report/

Quote:
Victor Cruz Refusing to Settle for Anything Less than $9 Million Annually

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/14/new-york-giants-victor-cruz-refusing-to-settle-for-anything-less-than-9-million-annually/
Tom Brady Tribute
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how that article makes Cruz look bad for "not taking 8 million a year annually" but says absolutely nothing about Guaranteed Money? This has nothing to do with I say 9m , You say 8m but the monumental difference most likely in the language of the overall contract and guaranteed up front money. They could be offering a 10 year 80m contract but if only 16m (2 years) is guaranteed is it really a 80m contract he should sign? IMO that's where the despute is at not the yearly number the article above would want you to believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: