Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Notes from OTA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Riley-Reiff-has-added-weight-in-anticipation-of-starting-at-left-tackle/9540adec-d3f0-4101-8573-9793242d406e

Quote:
It could also be the 10 pounds of muscle Reiff put on since last season to better prepare himself to be the Lions' starting left tackle. Reiff played last season at 305 pounds, but told me he was up to 315 at the end of mini-camp.

This is how you add muscle. No gut. Getting fat is NOT bulking up. Getting cut is different than turning fat into muscle. Reiff did it the right way. Raiola got fat.

There is more then one way to do it. What RF said about gaining weight to bulk up was accurate. This is widely used among older guys with lower metabolism. They will then start to cut down cal intake and maintain metabolism which cuts.

We frown upon this technique as it puts a lot more stress on body but sometimes for older folks with less metabolism its the way to go

Both are appropriate, which is what I think you're getting at. Although, extra fat can even be beneficial for linemen because they would be harder to move and when they get going, harder to stop.

Also, you CANNOT turn fat into muscle. Generally you work to lose fat while trying to minimize muscle loss, or you work to gain muscle while trying to minimize fat gain. For Raiola, he is older so to put his body in the best anabolic state to gain muscle naturally he has to eat a lot more then the 22 year old guy out of college (detfan touched on this), thus having to put on alot more fat. There's nothing wrong with that.

Never said you can turn fat into muscle. I know how this works this is what I do. Thanks for the lecture though

I clearly wasn't referring to you (see bold), and I actually AGREED with what you said... why do you have to be so condescending for no reason?

Maybe you should not have quoted me. Based on context your tone was the same to me in regards to fat to muscle. Or how about dont caps lock it which is yelling in internet etiquette.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Riley-Reiff-has-added-weight-in-anticipation-of-starting-at-left-tackle/9540adec-d3f0-4101-8573-9793242d406e

Quote:
It could also be the 10 pounds of muscle Reiff put on since last season to better prepare himself to be the Lions' starting left tackle. Reiff played last season at 305 pounds, but told me he was up to 315 at the end of mini-camp.

This is how you add muscle. No gut. Getting fat is NOT bulking up. Getting cut is different than turning fat into muscle. Reiff did it the right way. Raiola got fat.

There is more then one way to do it. What RF said about gaining weight to bulk up was accurate. This is widely used among older guys with lower metabolism. They will then start to cut down cal intake and maintain metabolism which cuts.

We frown upon this technique as it puts a lot more stress on body but sometimes for older folks with less metabolism its the way to go

Both are appropriate, which is what I think you're getting at. Although, extra fat can even be beneficial for linemen because they would be harder to move and when they get going, harder to stop.

Also, you CANNOT turn fat into muscle. Generally you work to lose fat while trying to minimize muscle loss, or you work to gain muscle while trying to minimize fat gain. For Raiola, he is older so to put his body in the best anabolic state to gain muscle naturally he has to eat a lot more then the 22 year old guy out of college (detfan touched on this), thus having to put on alot more fat. There's nothing wrong with that.

Never said you can turn fat into muscle. I know how this works this is what I do. Thanks for the lecture though

I clearly wasn't referring to you (see bold), and I actually AGREED with what you said... why do you have to be so condescending for no reason?

Maybe you should not have quoted me. Based on context your tone was the same to me in regards to fat to muscle. Or how about dont caps lock it which is yelling in internet etiquette.

You're talking about internet etiquette? Pot meet kettle.

You need an attitude adjustment. This whole "being rude" thing doesn't work for me.

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Quote:

You need an attitude adjustment. This whole "being rude" thing doesn't work for me.

I've been anything but ride these past few months but if someone comes across with attitude they are likely to get it back. Now leave me be and it won't escalate. Keep needling at me and we know you are simply inciting me

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sudden hankering for some popcorn.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

Show over. Not stooping to that level as I have not for many months now. If someone comes with attitude they simply gonna get a bit back. Oh well.

Back to OTA stuff

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sidelionreport.com/2013/06/24/detroit-lions-nick-fairley-emerging-as-leader/

Quote:
Nick Fairley was buzzing around the practices like Tinkerbell. He was the loudest presence in the building and was constantly urging other players during drills

Quote:
He routinely challenged teammate Ndamukong Suh during individual drills at practice and routinely won

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome to hear. Love young players with enthusiasm and drive. Love of the game. Especially when they challenge superstar teammates. Even more so if they are quite talented themselves.

Keep off of trouble off the field and perform/act like this on the field.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Awesome to hear. Love young players with enthusiasm and drive. Love of the game. Especially when they challenge superstar teammates. Even more so if they are quite talented themselves.

If he can make next step those two will be a force. Suh numbers show he was dominate again last year simply not sacks.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

If he can make next step those two will be a force. Suh numbers show he was dominate again last year simply not sacks.

I think we've all hoped Fairley would reach his potential knowing what the impact of Suh and Fairley could mean for this defence.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Quote:

I've been anything but ride these past few months but if someone comes across with attitude they are likely to get it back. Now leave me be and it won't escalate. Keep needling at me and we know you are simply inciting me

You can't prance around here like your feces don't stink, cop an attitude with someone for no reason and after they respond accuse them for provoking you in the first place. The cherry on top of this turd sundae is after you do all that, you then try to look like the "bigger man" by attempting to exit the argument that your poor attitude started in the first place.

Question though, you say when someone comes across with attitude they are likely to get it back... do you apply this saying to other people in response to you, or does it only count when you're responding to other people?

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I think we've all hoped Fairley would reach his potential knowing what the impact of Suh and Fairley could mean for this defence.

No doubt. Hoping his character flaws take back seat to his talent

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/28/assault-charges-against-amari-spievey-dismissed/
Quote:
Assault charges against Amari Spievey dismissed
Quote:
The dismissal allows Spievey to head into the season without any legal issues hanging over his head. Hes expected to start at one safety spot for the Lions, who hope to have the oft-injured Louis Delmas alongside him when the regular season gets underway in September.

Laughing
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/28/assault-charges-against-amari-spievey-dismissed/
Quote:
Assault charges against Amari Spievey dismissed
Quote:
The dismissal allows Spievey to head into the season without any legal issues hanging over his head. Hes expected to start at one safety spot for the Lions, who hope to have the oft-injured Louis Delmas alongside him when the regular season gets underway in September.

Laughing

Who wouldn't take Spievey over Quin? Wink

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quin will start, but nice to see all charges dropped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: