Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Notes from OTA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detroitroar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
I guess the real question I should be asking is: How much of a difference will the minor weight loss make?

It says he did it to gain speed, when in reality, its probably more for him to not lose speed.

Its common for older players to sacrifice weight in hopes of not losing a full-step.

Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in the free press today that Burelson and Tulloch have noticed a different attitude and feel to the Lions offseason activities. They said attendance has been at 98% for just about every work out and Best and Delmas are the only ones not at OTA's this week. Tulloch said that's the best he has seen since entering the league. They also said everyone seems hungry again and they have that chip on their shoulder from last year.

This is good news to me but also bugs me. The fact they didn't have this determination and hunger last year makes me angry and question the leadership on this team. Either way though, I just hope they make the steps to get back to 2011 or better and make this year fun to watch.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
oda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I read in the free press today that Burelson and Tulloch have noticed a different attitude and feel to the Lions offseason activities. They said attendance has been at 98% for just about every work out and Best and Delmas are the only ones not at OTA's this week. Tulloch said that's the best he has seen since entering the league. They also said everyone seems hungry again and they have that chip on their shoulder from last year.

This is good news to me but also bugs me. The fact they didn't have this determination and hunger last year makes me angry and question the leadership on this team. Either way though, I just hope they make the steps to get back to 2011 or better and make this year fun to watch.

Maybe the couldn't handle the success I mean you have one of the best D lines in the leauge and Matt and CJ maybe they thought they could just win games with that and not show up. I do agree that last year they didn't have the swagger they shown in 11'. Also back in 11 they weren't as disciplined as last year, they acted as if they were holding back because they were afraid of making mental mistakes or having teams exploit their over-aggression. I hope they find that balance this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really the only thing that I'm interested in about this team in these OTAs is to find out how Kickalicious is doing. Yes, I'm serious. (Would the nickname McOff be racist? I don't even know anymore).
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
I guess the real question I should be asking is: How much of a difference will the minor weight loss make?

A fractional difference. We aren't talking 1/10 of seconds here.

Less mass requires less energy to move but six pounds probably equates to .015 or something.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:
Really the only thing that I'm interested in about this team in these OTAs is to find out how Kickalicious is doing. Yes, I'm serious. (Would the nickname McOff be racist? I don't even know anymore).

No as its a nic name. If you were to refer to him as a mick that would be different.

Tying his heritage to his position shouldn't offend him but I guess who knows.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

I agree with you Slim.

Every player, every year should be hungry and give it their best. They don't get to play long so they should be leaving it on the field all the time.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Burleson is impressed with Reggie Bush and Patrick Edwards. Very Happy
tippitover

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Apparently, Burleson is impressed with Reggie Bush and Patrick Edwards. Very Happy

So I've heard. I like Edwards and hope he does well.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/5/31/4383916/nate-burleson-patrick-edwards-detroit-lions

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has Dom gotten really fat this offseason? Confused

This offseason

Before:

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Is it just me, or has Dom gotten really fat this offseason? Confused

This offseason

Before:

Definitely a DD cup. Cool

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lineman should still be bulking right now, so it makes sense if he looks fat right now.

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Lineman should still be bulking right now, so it makes sense if he looks fat right now.

Yeah during training camp he'll probably lose 12-15 pounds...then rest of season another 8-10..possibly more depending on body fat % and how he trains during the season
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One picture: tight shirt, helmet on, stomach visible. Next picture: helmet off, pads on, stomach covered.

Yep, he's probably getting fat.

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that picture shows me that Rob Sims is a little out of shape. You can see where sweat was dropping down from his face onto his jersey between the numbers.

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: