Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Notes from OTA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Notes from OTA Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20130522/SPORTS01/305220097/detroit-lions-louis-delmas

Louis Delmas is still unable to play as he's recovering from last year's knee problems. What else is new? Mikel Leshoure was also not participating for some reason.

Travis Lewis was starting at OLB today, Jason Fox at RT, and Dylan Gandy at RG (I think Warford was hurt at a rookie minicamp the other day).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly dont really care about the Delmas news. Already used to it and expect it until he proves otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard someone tore there achilles?
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Delmas still out, or just not risking anything? Because if he is getting the Calvin treatment (no use risking injury in practice), I have no problem with that.

Interesting seeing Lewis at OLB. It would be nice to get a solid starter out of a 7th round pick.

I wonder what's up with Leshoure, he can't afford to have anymore injuries that could slow him down. But honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world without him now that we have Bush taking a big chunk of the snaps and Bell showing promise.

Gandy at RG? I thought they said Warfords injury was no big deal? Please don't tell me that he'll be treated the same way Reiff was last year, we really need him at RG. Fox at RT? Hopefully that works out.

R.I.P. Stylish
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
I heard someone tore there achilles?

I believe that was 49ers crabtree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/michael-crabtree-has-achilles-surgery-out-six-months/

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Is Delmas still out, or just not risking anything? Because if he is getting the Calvin treatment (no use risking injury in practice), I have no problem with that.

Interesting seeing Lewis at OLB. It would be nice to get a solid starter out of a 7th round pick.

I wonder what's up with Leshoure, he can't afford to have anymore injuries that could slow him down. But honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world without him now that we have Bush taking a big chunk of the snaps and Bell showing promise.

Gandy at RG? I thought they said Warfords injury was no big deal? Please don't tell me that he'll be treated the same way Reiff was last year, we really need him at RG. Fox at RT? Hopefully that works out.

Sounds like Delmas not recovered yet so kinda both. Not wanting to risk setback but still injured

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Travis Lewis was always an OLB prospect coming out of Oklahoma.
davisblack

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/05/detroit_lions_notes_and_observ.html#incart_river

Quote:

-- Receiver Nate Burleson appears to be back at 100 percent after breaking his leg last October. He ran with the first team, and did not lose any quickness. Burleson also lost weight (198 pounds to 192) this offseason to add speed.

Quote:

-- It is too early to determine which player will return punts for Detroit this season, but running back Reggie Bush, receiver Terrence Austin, receiver Patrick Edwards, running back Steven Miller, receiver Cody Wilson and receiver Mike Thomas took turns on Wednesday.

Quote:

-- Lions cornerback Chris Greenwood practiced after missing last season due to an abdominal injury. Greenwood's feet moved with ease, and he covered a lot of ground without overexerting himself.

Quote:

-- Punters Sam Martin and Blake Clingan had good days. They got distance and height on their punts, although, Martin seemed to have more hang time. Each player did shank at least one kick in practice.

#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
dmudd

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture of stafford he lloks to be in the best shape I have seen him in. Also willie young was starting with jones fairly and suh. I read that the rookies are having to earn the spots. Also ron bartell took 1st team reps with housten.
WillParks

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big thing to remember about OTAs is that from what I have heard and read is that they don't have too much bearing on the depth chart. Reggie Bush migh be returning punts when there is no contact but he has too much value to our offense to be doing that on a regular basis. Willie yYoung was a pre-season moster last year but was invisible for most of the year. Jim Schwartz played what he thought was a strong veteran line-up last year and looked how that turned out. A lot of mistakes last year weren't made by rookies. As far as I am concerned, the "veterans" such as Willie Young should be put on notice: produce or get out of the way of those who can
MrDirt

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/05/detroit_lions_notes_and_observ.html#incart_river

Quote:

-- Receiver Nate Burleson appears to be back at 100 percent after breaking his leg last October. He ran with the first team, and did not lose any quickness. Burleson also lost weight (198 pounds to 192) this offseason to add speed.

How much speed is gained with a loss of 6 pounds? Is the correlation between weight-loss and speed gained on a linear scale, or some sort of decreasing power/exponential scale?
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Quote:

How much speed is gained with a loss of 6 pounds? Is the correlation between weight-loss and speed gained on a linear scale, or some sort of decreasing power/exponential scale?

It's not that simple. Would have to have a measure of his leg strength in combination with that. Assuming equal leg strength...

Someone else can do the math. I have to do real work math. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Quote:

It's not that simple. Would have to have a measure of his leg strength in combination with that. Assuming equal leg strength...

Leg strength measured how? Something like maximum weight done for squats or on the leg-press maybe?
tippitover

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Quote:

Leg strength measured how? Something like maximum weight done for squats or on the leg-press maybe?

Well if he has the same leg strength as last year on a lighter chassis I would imagine he'd be faster.

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
MrDirt

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the real question I should be asking is: How much of a difference will the minor weight loss make?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: