Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Hunter hunt again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many sacks will Cole produce in 2013?
0-4
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
5-8
65%
 65%  [ 19 ]
9-12
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
12+
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work furti from your underground bunker in Hungary tracking the Hunter. Wink

So when Cole is NOT playing as a 3-4 OLB, instead of peeling him off the field they just have him playing a different role? At least that's what it feels like, just need confirmation.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nice work furti from your underground bunker in Hungary tracking the Hunter. Wink

So when Cole is NOT playing as a 3-4 OLB, instead of peeling him off the field they just have him playing a different role? At least that's what it feels like, just need confirmation.

I would guess that is when we run 4 man fronts.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
furti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I would guess that is when we run 4 man fronts.

Yeah, practically. He played DE in a three man front, was a stand up rusher next to 2 down linemen, was a DE in four man fronts and so on.

I just realized i missed to mention that all of his plays except for the hurry came from the 34 olb position...
furti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure anyone cares, but i'll keep posting the numbers. i know i'm way behind schedule, but a lot of things are happening in my personal life.

here it goes:

WEEK2

Stats

Snaps: 64
34 OLB snaps: 35.94% (23 of 64)
Drops into coverage: 9.38% (6 of 64)
TKL: 4
FF: 1
TFL:0
QBH: 3 (nfl.com didn't credit him any of those, i have no clue why)
HUR: 1

Notes

Cole played less times in a traditional 3-4 OLB position. Davis was creative as far as the line combinations go.
All but one of his drops came from the OLB position.
1st time a ball was thrown his way/into the zone he should have covered and the catch was made. His man opposite him on the LOS motioned away to the other side, Cole bumps Gates but lets him start his route, nor Cole, neither Kendricks cover him.
2 holding penalties for Dunlap, the second was actually at that play when Boykin forced the funble.
Rivers threw the ball away twice in the very last second, Cole was just about to sack him.
This time he was much more consistent throughout the quarters, the only quarter he didn't have tackle was the fourth.
furti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I didn't rewatch all the games and didn't make any notes on Cole, as I promised I would, since it came out this is a really time consuming excersise. Then I fell really back and there was no way I would be able to catch up. Sorry for this.

Now, let's see Cole's final statistics:

• 56 tackles (44 solo)
  • 13 TFL
  • 8 sacks (for 63 yards)
  • 13 QBH
  • 3 PD
  • 3 FF
  • 1 safety

(Plus 5 additional tackles and 1 more sack in the lone playoff game.)

Based on the expectations prior to the season, the FF community thought Cole would get 7,02 sacks in 2013. He finished just a tad over that threshold notching 8 sacks, which brought him to 0.5 sacks/starts.

From the chart we can see, the increase is in line with our original asumptions, however the increase of Cole's production was not exactly meeting (only 71%) the improvement of our base.

From the numbers, it looks like there is one more decent season (around 8 sacks) for Cole, and given his age and his contract status, it's pretty much his last season as an Eagle.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furti although I appreciate the effort and time you put in creating this thread Please do not bump old threads in the Future. Next time create a link and start a new thread to update a year old one. Thanks

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap we're slowly leaving veterans and locker room leaders by the curb. Avant this year, DeMeco, Trent & Todd are possibilities next year.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
furti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Furti although I appreciate the effort and time you put in creating this thread Please do not bump old threads in the Future. Next time create a link and start a new thread to update a year old one. Thanks

alright, will do next time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: