Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Hunter hunt again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many sacks will Cole produce in 2013?
0-4
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
5-8
65%
 65%  [ 19 ]
9-12
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
12+
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four sacks and an ever diminishing role in the defense.

Sorry.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to guess around 5.5 sacks.
He's going to be a more situation-based player from now on. If we have him in coverage, tight ends and RBs will run circles around him. They'd throw right his way every time he looked like he's going to be in coverage.

But I do think he'll have a lot of opportunities to rush the passer, and I think he's still good enough for 5.5 sacks.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for a quality thread post! Good job furti.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him...

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
furti

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Cut him...

you're joking, right? Smile i'm sure you are. in the meantime I try to pull together a list of players who had a successful transition to a 3-4 OLB, currently there are 2 hits. Tamba Hali and Robert Mathis.
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

furti wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Cut him...

you're joking, right? Smile i'm sure you are. in the meantime I try to pull together a list of players who had a successful transition to a 3-4 OLB, currently there are 2 hits. Tamba Hali and Robert Mathis.

Even though he is clearly joking, it is kind of crazy that if it were not for an insane amount of dead cap money, he probably would have been shipped for a 7th, or even let go.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i was joking lol.... I dont know what to expect from Cole in our new scheme at all, he could be a animal against the run coming from a 2 point stance near the LOS, but his better pass rushing days are behind him IMO, he doesnt bend or explode like he did a couple years ago, he shows up against weaker less physical tackles but his outmatched against a lot of tackles.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Definitely agreed.

furti wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Cut him...

I'm excited to see what your results produce.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

thanks for the feedback!Smile
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict 4 sacks, so I voted the first one. I think Graham and Barwin will steal a lot of his reps, and I actually think this scheme will be a lot better for Hunt than our last one. I don't see Cole getting enough snaps to rack up a high sack count. This is no fault of his own, I don't think any of our guys will have double digits

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Trent has really good rushing instincts. Even if he isn't the most explosive player at this point, I think the predator role is very "read and react" because the predator plays off of the 3-tech and TC's instincts and tenacity will serve him well against the pass and the run.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he gets 5 just by accident. The true test is going to be his first step. That will tell you wether he is at all comfortable seeing the game from a standing up position. I personally think with his age, asking him to learn a totally new position in an entirely foreign scheme is going to be a little to much for him. I would expect Cole to be gone after this season. Either trade in the off-season or let go at some point during the season. That will depend on how his contract is structured.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
oland11

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
JayAp07

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
I think he gets 5 just by accident. The true test is going to be his first step. That will tell you wether he is at all comfortable seeing the game from a standing up position. I personally think with his age, asking him to learn a totally new position in an entirely foreign scheme is going to be a little to much for him. I would expect Cole to be gone after this season. Either trade in the off-season or let go at some point during the season. That will depend on how his contract is structured.

According to Eagles cap, if we cut him in '13 it's 6.4m in dead money, in '14 it's 4.8.

But they also say if we cut DeSean in '14 it's a 6m in dead money which doesn't really make sense because I thought I read somewhere else that it would be far less.

So who knows really... but if we have learned anything, Howie doesn't give out bad contracts so I feel confident that we can get rid of Trent if it's not working out.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
furti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some problems with the site prior to the Chargers game, so I couldn't post this. Anyway, it's better later than never...

_____

I was pretty confident Cole could have a smooth transition to the 34 at the time of the announcement but in order I can have a clear picture on his play I decided to rewatch his snaps and track his performance throughout the season. I thought I would share it with you guys and will update the OP on a weekly basis. At the end of the day I hope he will have a successful season and help the team reach the playoffs...

I tracked the downs, the alignment and the plays with some comments while watching the game. I checked how many times he dropped back into coverage etc. Since the defensive line has played in so many formations, it was hard to tag it as a 3, 4, 5 man front. Sometimes the d-line consisted of 2 down lineman with a stand up rusher at the end so it was hard to call it a 3 man DL. There were plays were Barwin and Cole both rushed the passer from the same side next to each other from a stand up position. So I decided to track how many times Cole was in a clear 3-4 OLB position and did not differentiate the rest.

By my count, Cole played 54 snaps not taking the penalties into accunt. This article from BGN states he was playing in 62, but I guess the snaps with the penalties should be accountable for the difference.

WEEK1

Stats

Snaps: 54
34 OLB snaps: 50% (27 of 54)
Drops into coverage: 16.67% (9 of 54)
TKL: 4
FF: 1
TFL:1
QBH: 2
HUR: 1

Notes

Had 2 more tackles right at the LOS (maybe even behind it, but was not creditet with them)
All drops came for the 34 OLB position except for 1
Allowed catches: 0 (none went his way)
Assisted Cary Williams on sacking RG3 (was not creditet with it though)
All plays came from the first period except for 1 QB hit so running out of gas may be an issue this year as well
0 Snaps togeher with Graham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: