Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moham-17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:
It's way too early to say anything about Hill, everyone knew coming in that he was raw and that the learning curve was going to be huge; and then people act like they're surprised when he plays like garbage.

What a joke.

Not really. Running routes and blocking are teachable. Catching the ball he should have down by now. He hopefully is catching hundreds of balls a day.
Hmm sounds like a Dan joke- in a way Wink

Yeah, but again, the guy caught something like 24 passes in his career, he's a project for sure.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I'm mad about Hill's overall performance. Every time I looked up, I seen a tweet from a reporter about him dropping a pass. I'm still hoping he shows some type of improvement.

10+ reporters seeing him drop a pass equals 10+ tweets of him dropping a pass

however he needs to fix that asap

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how people can honestly say they "really like stephen hill', based on what? His size, his ability to sprint down field and then attempt to play volley ball? He has to have a good second year or hes going to be buried on the depth chart. Dude has got to go out and catch some balls.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I dont know how people can honestly say they "really like stephen hill', based on what? His size, his ability to sprint down field and then attempt to play volley ball? He has to have a good second year or hes going to be buried on the depth chart. Dude has got to go out and catch some balls.

He has potential

Drops are fixable ask Thomas in Denver or fan favorite Braylon

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I'm mad about Hill's overall performance. Every time I looked up, I seen a tweet from a reporter about him dropping a pass. I'm still hoping he shows some type of improvement.

10+ reporters seeing him drop a pass equals 10+ tweets of him dropping a pass

however he needs to fix that asap

that's true, but it's every day with different drops. I'm not giving up on him or calling him a bust, but I want to see more improvement. His knee & hands have to be fixed.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Laughing I really did just laugh at this.

When he was first mentioned on this forum during the combine, I was against picking him. After we picked him, I kind of forced my self to like him because he's a jet and what he could become if he could catch. I agree that he has to have a good second year, but only compared to his first year. Health and catching wise or we will probably start looking to draft a WR to compete for his job.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

He has potential

I also the potential for Stephen Hill to be a top WR in the league. Ekill is right. He needs to produce sooner rather than later to continue to have a prominent role on the team. We need a 60+ catch, 1,000yd+ , 7TD+ year from Stephen Hill.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

He has potential

I also the potential for Stephen Hill to be a top WR in the league. Ekill is right. He needs to produce sooner rather than later to continue to have a prominent role on the team. We need a 60+ catch, 1,000yd+ , 7TD+ year from Stephen Hill.

What? No we don't. We just need to see him improve. 500 yards and 40 caches in what I am looking for.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Jetfan66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:

Shocked
If I'm not mistaken, the Jets haven't had a 1,000 yard WR since like 2007 and you want a project WR to have that to prove himself.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

He has potential

Not possible with our QB situation.

Props to JMG on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
famousj wrote:

Shocked
If I'm not mistaken, the Jets haven't had a 1,000 yard WR since like 2007 and you want a project WR to have that to prove himself.

Yeah. Laughing

Kerley has a chance to reach that this year.
perikirest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty comical how any of you actually thought Geno was gonna beat out Mark....guy isflat average even at his peak...

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Its pretty comical how any of you actually thought Geno was gonna beat out Mark....guy isflat average even at his peak...

Really??? What evidence are you going by? Geno hasn't even made it to his first training camp yet and is dead even with a 4 year starter. The kid isn't average, he is going to be a good QB in my opinion.

I think he can have a so so year this year if he wins the job and within the next few years if we get his some weapons he can be a top 15 to top 10 QB in this league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: