Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I really wish I lived in the area, and could actually attend one of these things every now and then.

I would love for a guy with the name Vidal to make the roster. It just sounds beastly.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear Winslow has looked good despite not playing since last year. I'm hoping we sign him.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
RollTide99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Hope K2 keeps this up, he'd be a big pick up at TE, Steiny might be right about Ricky Sapp lol, hoping Geno takes a step up to get some first team reps

JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've very confident that K2 will make the team unless something injury related happen.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Kellen-Winslow-1-on-1/bb57315a-b9c1-44bc-bd90-b44672bbbd3e

I was reading an article about Sims-Walker and his first day with us. He might make the team because the injuries we have in our WR core. Hill has been dealing with his knee and still dropping passes ( from what I've been reading). If walker has improved character wise, he might make as Hill's insurance. He'll have to beat out Obomanu.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex has really been complimenting Winslow.

Also, Josh Bush is the favorite to start across from Landry.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Rex has really been complimenting Winslow.

Also, Josh Bush is the favorite to start across from Landry.

Allen was apparently "demoted" a few practices ago. Still a battle it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@KMart_LI 7m
Kellen Winslow appears to be running/cutting well.... #nyj #jets

Quote:
‏@KMart_LI 19m
Rex: Possibility of a Geno Smith package if Mark Sanchez is starter...& other pre-practice notes ~> http://bit.ly/1bwh5Vc #jets #nyj

Quote:
‏@KristianRDyer 25m
Milliner is on the field, doing drills with the defensive backs.

Quote:
@RichCimini 1h
Rex Ryan not happy with all dropped passes yesterday. Impressed w/ Kellen Winslow. Mike Sims-Walker, not so much. #Jets

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 1h
Rex said there will definitely be some sets where Ivory/Powell and Goodson/McKnight will be on the field at the same time. #nyj

Quote:
@Cnimbley 28s
John Griffin just broke a few defenders' ankles with a pair of sharp, explosive cuts. #Jets

Quote:
@Cnimbley 25s
Sanchez is leading the second team unit against the first team D right now #Jets

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 21s
Cumberland with a drop in the end zone, big groan from coaches. Kerley had another early on too. #nyj

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 3m
Joe Collins hauls in a TD from mark Sanchez to end the first team period. Geno took all the starter snaps, though. #nyj

Quote:
@BrianCoz 32s
Brutal drop by Jeff Cumbetland in 7 on 7 drill. Jets skill players can't catch a cold

Quote:
@Cnimbley 41s
Sanchez threw a pass in the corner of end zone, the pass doesn't matter tho, what matters is the way Winslow grabbed & tossed Kyle Wilson

Quote:
@KMart_LI 16s
Stephen Hill follows Cumberland drop w one of his own. Nice. #jets #nyj

Quote:
@KristianRDyer 31s
Stephen Hill with a bad drop in 7 on 7. Winslow having a good day...has quick feet and good hands.

Quote:
@Cnimbley 2m
Hill caught this pass, had to dive for it (Geno throw), slammed ball in frustration because it looks like he hit his knee on the dive.

Quote:
@Cnimbley 35s
Kerley is dropping damn near everything today, rough day

Quote:
@Cnimbley 46s
And another one, Hill with the drop. Gorgeous pass from Geno

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 54s
Vlad Ducasse just pancaked Sheldon Richardson on that run play. #summerofvlad

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 16s
Cromartie and Holmes getting into it a little bit. bush pulling Cromartie away from the situation. #nyj

Quote:
@RichCimini 11s
Holmes and Cromartie jawing after Cromartie gets a little physical with Sanchez, who blocking on reverse. #Jets

Quote:
@RichCimini 51s
Practice over: Geno Smith, working with No. 1s, was 2-for-7, 1 drop. Mark Sanchez 5-for-7, 1 TD, 1 sack. Bad day for WRs, especially Hill.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Kellen Winslow should make the team. Seems to be the only one who can catch.

* I loved the fact that Holmes was defending Sanchez. He has earned my respect from some of the things he has said and done this offseason. Hopefully he doesn't let me down this season.

* Sanchez did well against the 1st defense with horrible WR's. I actually like what I've been reading about him.

* We might have to pick up another WR if Sims-Walker don't pan out. This is horrible. All camp they have been dropping passes. If they can't catch during 7-7's, I can't expect them to do it during the games.

Quote:
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
@Cnimbley 41s
Sanchez threw a pass in the corner of end zone, the pass doesn't matter tho, what matters is the way Winslow grabbed & tossed Kyle Wilson

Wilson better show great improvement this year Evil or Very Mad

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@KMart_LI 44s
David Lee said #Jets named the QB gauntlet exercise -- which focuses on ball security -- "The Sanchez Drill." Mark's not a fan of the name

Quote:
‏@BrianCoz 2m
Listening to QB coach David Lee sounds like Geno Smith has a long way to go.

Quote:
@janesports 4m
QB coach David Lee said Matt Simms has the best arm of all 4 Jets QBs. If accuracy were better, he'd be in hunt for starting job as well.

Quote:
‏@janesports 8m
QB coach David Lee on Sanchez, "Man, he has competed his tail off." #Jets

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 9m
Lee said Sanchez and Geno aren't making the decision easy. Geno needs footwork help, Sanchez needs ball security help. #nyj

Quote:
@RichCimini 48s
Rex: Winslow's skill 'jumps out at you': FLORHAM PARK, N.J. Kellen Winslow has already made an impression on... http://tinyurl.com/lyjnn45

Quote:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Cnimbley 41s

Wilson better show great improvement this year Evil or Very Mad

I hope so too. I really don't know what to expect from him. But I'm not shocked that K2 tossed him. K2 has always been physical.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno gettin killed by drops

Also if it comes down to Geno needing footwork help and Mark needing ball security help and we chose Sanchez, I'm going to be pissed

This decision better be made before week 3 of the pre-season

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be Sanchez starting Week One. The question is how long will he hold onto that starting job.

Schefter and Mort were just discussing this on NFL32. Schefter said that he has heard some positive reports on Sanchez. Mort said he hurt some mixed reports, but Sanchez will be the starter.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think we will see Mark be the starter for week 1 unless Geno all of a sudden tears it up in the preseason. I really don't think Geno is going to be as good s we all jet fans hope. I think it was a good deal for a second to see if by some chance he becomes great.

I'm also very tired of Kyle Wilson. He needs to step up or else he will not get a new contract unless it is very cheap.

Kellen Winslow has always been good and will be good as long as his knees hold up.

All the drop passes suck. This is not a good way to start out when both QB's are trying there best to win the job and these jokers keep dropping them. There really is no excuse for this. The player has no pads and is on 7 on 7. Give me a break.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It will be Sanchez starting Week One. The question is how long will he hold onto that starting job.

Schefter and Mort were just discussing this on NFL32. Schefter said that he has heard some positive reports on Sanchez. Mort said he hurt some mixed reports, but Sanchez will be the starter.

the fact that this is decided already all from non-contact practices has me heated

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: