Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: OTA Thread Reply with quote

First day of OTA's with the vets today.

Sanchez picked off by Cro on third play of OTA's for 6. You can't make this stuff up.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are saying Smith is struggling with placement. Was picked off by McIntyre after a deflection.

Oh man.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: OTA Thread Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Sanchez picked off by Cro on third play of OTA's for 6. You can't make this stuff up.

Laughing

To be fair to both, Holmes, Hill, and White did not practice.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez was picked off by Big Snacks. Big.... Snacks....

Then again by Jaiquan Jarrett.

Three INT's on the first freakin day of practice. Cut that abomination now.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol hes not winning this job. All Geno has to do is be mediocre and he wins in a landslide.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
famousj

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Enough of all this off the field non-sense. What happens on the field is what counts. Sanchez will prove how worthless he truly is. Geno will prove how good he can be and win the starting job. I do prefer Sanchez starting the first 2 games of the season in order for Geno to avoid the media blitz coming with playing against Revis in his first game back and the Patriots in Week 2. I also looking forward to how good the Jets defense will be this year. I expect the defense to be top 10 unit who can pressure the QB on a regular. I am alittle worried on how the Jets defense will perform against the run. I expect the pass defense to be solid. 10-6 record if all goes well. 5 -10 season if Geno bombs his first season leaving Jets management a hard decision to make come next year's draft.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
10-6 record if all goes well. 5 -10 season if Geno bombs his first season leaving Jets management a hard decision to make come next year's draft.

Do the Jets just refuse to play a game Wink
We really need to hear that the line is holding up. The INTs come from learning the new routes and receivers. Not a major concern. Part of the purpose of OTAs.
Also no decision next year. We took Geno, at some point Geno gets the reigns for a few years.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Sanchez was picked off by Big Snacks. Big.... Snacks....

Then again by Jaiquan Jarrett.

Three INT's on the first freakin day of practice. Cut that abomination now.

LOL

Can't wait to be done with him.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a QB that has the most to prove comes out and throws 3 picks on the first day of OTA's, it's pretty much over for him. Just throw the passes away. The one int Geno threw wasn't his fault, it went through Mayo's hands. I got a little hyped when I heard that Ivory put a spin move on Harris and made him fall. lol

I think the defense looked good because of how bad the offense was (With less WRs) and that Rex is calling the plays again. Some of the notes on Richardson has me very interested in seeing what he can really do. I was happy to see Cro, Copes, and Wilk stepping up as vocal leaders.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OTA Thread Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Laughing

To be fair to both, Holmes, Hill, and White did not practice.

I don't want to make excuses for Sanchez, he needs to be better, but I am worried about our supporting cast. That's why I worry about putting Geno in the fray too early.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
CallOfKtulu

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An overthrow, throwing it right to the lineman, and throwing it into double coverage...those are the type of interceptions that we've seen Sanchez throw far too many times.

Geno's only INT was a deflection. Who's the rookie again?
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that rubs people the wrong way regarding Sanchez is the laissez-faire attitude he takes to making laughable mistakes like being intercepted by DL. I mean, everyone understands this is practice and a new system and everything else. But what I take away from the reports of today is the HC knows he's auditioning to keep his job beyond this season, but the incumbent QB still doesn't get he may not get another opportunity to start an NFL game unless he changes his approach

Somebody needs to tell this kid to lose the headband, take ownership of your mistakes, and stop acting like a disengenuinous [inappropriate/removed].

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hated Mark's attitude. It makes me so mad that someone can be so soft minded. He shows no fire on the field. He has the physical tools to be a good QB, he just has 0 confidence. He doesn't have the confidence and IQ to read the defense and call a audible on a big 3rd down. Even when he backs up for a pass , you can see the lack of faith he has in himself.

When Flacco & Eli were asked about being Elite, they said yes and won superbowls. Sanchez gives another cupcake response. smh. He need to stop wearing that head band, he look like a 13 year old girl. Man up.

He let's everyone take shots at him and he says/does nothing about it.
I want to see Sanchez improve and show some fire and emotion.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I've hated Mark's attitude. It makes me so mad that someone can be so soft minded. He shows no fire on the field. He has the physical tools to be a good QB, he just has 0 confidence. He doesn't have the confidence and IQ to read the defense and call a audible on a big 3rd down. Even when he backs up for a pass , you can see the lack of faith he has in himself.

When Flacco & Eli were asked about being Elite, they said yes and won superbowls. Sanchez gives another cupcake response. smh. He need to stop wearing that head band, he look like a 13 year old girl. Man up.

He let's everyone take shots at him and he says/does nothing about it.
I want to see Sanchez improve and show some fire and emotion.

I in no way want Sanchez to say he is elite. We would be a laughing stock. At least Eli and Flacco had success on the field before they said that. Sanchez will never recover from the butt fumble. That play could be used to describe all of last year as a Jet fan.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez is pure garbage. His attitude sucks. It feels as if he knows he cant win this job. Hes a turnover machine. No coach, mechanics, offseason training, etc. is going to change the fact that he has a penchant for turning the ball over. He simply doesn't have it upstairs.

IMO, this "competition" was over before it even started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: