Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign DB Charles Woodson to 1-year, $4.3M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yoenis Cespedes ‏@ynscspds 1h
@RAIDERS welcome back Woodson #raidernation

Laughing awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer fan--

Temper your expectations here. Woodson is going to keep those around him playing their best. But he has lost more than one step. He is a liability in coverage, but a beast by scrimmage and his intelligence is going to have the entire secondary playing heads up, no blown coverage defense. All of those young players will get better because of this.

And Big Reggie clearly made a very nice PR move here. Your all excited. And you should be. But Woodson should be nothing more than a nickel corner. Safety didn't work very well for him.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

Temper your expectations here. Woodson is going to keep those around him playing their best. But he has lost more than one step. He is a liability in coverage, but a beast by scrimmage and his intelligence is going to have the entire secondary playing heads up, no blown coverage defense. All of those young players will get better because of this.

And Big Reggie clearly made a very nice PR move here. Your all excited. And you should be. But Woodson should be nothing more than a nickel corner. Safety didn't work very well for him.

What did Santana Dotson mean in your quote? I want to know what that meant...

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

People put too much into "leadership" and "mentoring". I think mot people are glad he's back solely for the reason of who he is. I want the most talented football players in the league on my teams. I just hope he can somewhat resemble that.

PM sig requests.
dmac505

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

People put too much into "leadership" and "mentoring". I think mot people are glad he's back solely for the reason of who he is. I want the most talented football players in the league on my teams. I just hope he can somewhat resemble that.

unfortunately, we can't have the most talented players in the league at every position. There are 31 other teams that are trying to get the same thing.

What you can do, in FA is improve your roster to get more talented at a position, and that is what we did. Woodson is a better player or at least on par with Young or Ross.

Then when you see that he is on par/ maybe better, you can also add to the fact he is one of the best in the game at understanding Defence as a whole. He will be able to keep our D in check, limit blown coverages ect.

Say what you want about mentoring, and leadership being overrated.. But you show me any top 5-10 D, and I will show you one or multiple leaders on it, who the rest of the D build off of. Our D the last few years leaders have been TKO, Seymour, McClain, Morrison? I dont know why, and I dont think its a stretch to say that is part of the reason weve been so bad.

Coaches in theory should be that leader I agree, but when you see it coming from another player, it has a bigger effect then coming from the coach.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

unfortunately, we can't have the most talented players in the league at every position. There are 31 other teams that are trying to get the same thing.

What you can do, in FA is improve your roster to get more talented at a position, and that is what we did. Woodson is a better player or at least on par with Young or Ross.

Then when you see that he is on par/ maybe better, you can also add to the fact he is one of the best in the game at understanding Defence as a whole. He will be able to keep our D in check, limit blown coverages ect.

Say what you want about mentoring, and leadership being overrated.. But you show me any top 5-10 D, and I will show you one or multiple leaders on it, who the rest of the D build off of. Our D the last few years leaders have been TKO, Seymour, McClain, Morrison? I dont know why, and I dont think its a stretch to say that is part of the reason weve been so bad.

Coaches in theory should be that leader I agree, but when you see it coming from another player, it has a bigger effect then coming from the coach.

We'll see. I'm not expecting much from him this year except making our fans school girlish and putting some butts in the stands. That's really about it. Hopefully he proves me wrong but not many 37 y/os will. Here's to hoping though....

PM sig requests.
dmac505

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

We'll see. I'm not expecting much from him this year except making our fans school girlish and putting some butts in the stands. That's really about it. Hopefully he proves me wrong but not many 37 y/os will. Here's to hoping though....

yea fair, I definitely am not expecting him to be a probowl player or anything, just an improvement over what we already had.

But Ill admit it was definitely a PR move for RM and Mark Davis, they know we are rebuilding and that a lot of fans will not buy tickets when we are losing... this is an easy way to keep the fans happy, and it may benefit the team as well, so why not haha
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

yea fair, I definitely am not expecting him to be a probowl player or anything, just an improvement over what we already had.

But Ill admit it was definitely a PR move for RM and Mark Davis, they know we are rebuilding and that a lot of fans will not buy tickets when we are losing... this is an easy way to keep the fans happy, and it may benefit the team as well, so why not haha

I've seen Usama Young play pretty well at times. I hope this doesn't get him off the field and possibly getting better. He's nothing great but he's not terrible either. Very average player that did play pretty well at times on a bad team.

You are absolutely correct also about the second statement. This will sell some seats and that is a great thing for a struggling team going into a known rebuilding year.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

So why not? Two words . . . .

Kerry Rhodes

For the same money the Raiders could have had the 4th ranked FS who played 1040snaps and is 5 years younger yet they acquired a nearly 40 yr old safety who only played 486 snaps and ranked 37th.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

Kerry Rhodes

For the same money the Raiders could have had the 4th ranked FS who played 1040snaps and is 5 years younger yet they acquired a nearly 40 yr old safety who only played 486 snaps and ranked 37th.

Kerry Rhodes apparently is a diva; something that DA and Reggie do not want in our locker room.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Packer fan--

Kerry Rhodes

oh yea lets get a primma donna whos character is the exact opposite of what we are bringing in....i want ball players, not hollywood hype!
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I know like Dennis Allen. He said at OTA's today that he is looking for leaders on both side of the ball. What is he thinking. To think a NFL head coach would put stock into leadership in a game with 22 people on the field and a roster getting filled with young hungry players, who needs leadership?
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wants Kerry Rhodes in Oakland??? The same guy who got spit on his face from Dockett? He has you fooled if you think he'd be better than CWood! He was ok in NY.

Kerry Rhodes: "I just keep fooling y'all haha I ain't even a good football player!"
His buddy:"Yeah, I won't even look at the camera to dignify your status as a football player."

Camera guy: "Guy 2, what are you looking at!?!?"....
[to be continued] *Turns out Kerry was holding notecards in his hand for guy 2 to read. Fin.

Give me CWood over Rhodes any day. He won't be getting spat upon because he's a true leader.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Woodson helps hospitals, Kerry Rhodes....rides horses in his free time? CWood is that much cooler in my book! Riding horses is laaaaaaame Wink

No seriously, this guy over Charles? who said that.....

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have been completely fine with Rhodes honestly. Maybe not over Woodson, but I would have been stoked either way. One hell of a S. Get over his personal life crap.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: