Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Raider Talk Baby! V. 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a silly question (and I hate to break up that NBA talk), but does anyone here play Ghosts on PS3? My clan is thin right now, and I'd like to actually win a clan war for once.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

I think Gasol gets traded and creates room. Playing with Kobe is enticing and KLove played at UCLA. Kind of a pipe dream but whatever. I can hope. Laughing

I am a Laker fan but I am consistently hearing the opposite.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Can someone make this into an avy for me? possibly with some classic black wayfarers on his eyes?
http://skoodsports.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/k-bigpic.jpg

Can someone hook it up?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/style-points/201401/seattle-area-teenager-loses-job-after-wearing-broncos-jersey-work

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
nickdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/style-points/201401/seattle-area-teenager-loses-job-after-wearing-broncos-jersey-work

I want to feel bad... I do.

But I do not.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after about 4 months on the practice chanter, my teacher has lent me a set of bagpipes to start working on. It's pretty crazy considering he initially told me I would likely be on the chanter for a year before moving onto the pipes. I'm stoked, although it is insanely hard doing anything at all with a full set of bagpipes. Not too shabby for a guy with absolutely no musical background.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I want to feel bad... I do.

But I do not.

Don't even want to feel bad. Made me laugh actually. Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
So after about 4 months on the practice chanter, my teacher has lent me a set of bagpipes to start working on. It's pretty crazy considering he initially told me I would likely be on the chanter for a year before moving onto the pipes. I'm stoked, although it is insanely hard doing anything at all with a full set of bagpipes. Not too shabby for a guy with absolutely no musical background.

The only problem is that I can never really tell whether someone can actually play the bagpipes or not. So kudos . . ? (j/k)
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

The only problem is that I can never really tell whether someone can actually play the bagpipes or not. So kudos . . ? (j/k)

Haha. I was the same way until I started to learn. I may not be able to play them, but I am starting to be able to tell the difference between a good piper and a bad one.

La_Vader wrote:
nickdawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

Mama nickdawg got me one of those "learn to play the bagpipes" kits, I guess you'd call them. Audio cassette tape, and some musical... thing. To learn on. Haven't gotten to play it yet, though. My aunt played them when she was growing up, too.

I was in Ireland a year and some months ago and, oddly enough, I only saw one person playing the 'pipes. Street performer. VERY very good, too.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Mama nickdawg got me one of those "learn to play the bagpipes" kits, I guess you'd call them. Audio cassette tape, and some musical... thing. To learn on. Haven't gotten to play it yet, though. My aunt played them when she was growing up, too.

I was in Ireland a year and some months ago and, oddly enough, I only saw one person playing the 'pipes. Street performer. VERY very good, too.

You should start! I'm guessing the musical thing you mentioned is the chanter- its what everyone learns on before moving onto the full set of bagpipes. In fact, most pipers still use that when practicing or learning new songs just because it is so much quieter and easier to use than the pipes. I messed around with a book and online videos for a couple months before I plateaued and had to find a teacher. From what he (and many other pipers) have told me, you'll never learn it properly without a teacher. Luckily, there is a guy close to me who offers really cheap lessons.

La_Vader wrote:
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I need your help.

I'm one of the three Lions Forum Moderators, and recently we have all been informed of the devastating news that one of our best veteran posters, Stylish313, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer around the same time of the birth of his 4th son last month. All of his 4 boys are very young. The cancer started in his stomach, and has spread to his lungs. It's stage 4, and while they had him sedated to try to do what they could, they're waking him up enough so that he can communicate because there's nothing left they can do for him.

You can get a full update on the story and his status in the Lions Forum.

I'm going to visit him in the hospital in a day or two. I'd like to have an opportunity to share with him how much love and support can come out of his FootballsFuture family. Please take a moment out of your day to drop by the Lions forum and share a post that I can read to him while visiting him in the hospital. A kind word, a memory of him on the forum, anything you think that will boost his spirits. It's a rough time for him and his family, and every little show of support will do a lot to boost his morale and give him strength to fight this cancer.

Check out the Stylish313 thread here.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, Stylish313 (Glen) was laid to rest today. His mom sent me a message this morning and said that he looked very peaceful. She felt comfortable knowing that he's no longer in pain.

I'll write up some stuff about Stylish313 sometime soon. We'll have a full time memorial thread stickied at the top of the Lions Forum for him. We'll also add a Stylish313 award to the Lionys (or something similar) that LionsFTW will help me with.

On behalf of the Lions Forum I'd like to thank all of you who have stopped by to support Stylish313, his family, and his fellow Lions Forum posters. Thanks, guys.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a damn shame. RIP Stylish. Crying or Very sad

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Just so everyone knows, Stylish313 (Glen) was laid to rest today. His mom sent me a message this morning and said that he looked very peaceful. She felt comfortable knowing that he's no longer in pain.

I'll write up some stuff about Stylish313 sometime soon. We'll have a full time memorial thread stickied at the top of the Lions Forum for him. We'll also add a Stylish313 award to the Lionys (or something similar) that LionsFTW will help me with.

On behalf of the Lions Forum I'd like to thank all of you who have stopped by to support Stylish313, his family, and his fellow Lions Forum posters. Thanks, guys.

I just read about this. Stylish313 sounded like a really beloved figure for FF posters. I haven't been on here long but I lost my godfather, one of my biggest inspirations about 2 months ago. I know the feeling. Prayers go to his family and friends. I think they can take some solace in the fact that he left a positive influence on the world, both here and with those he loved. Rest in Paradise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 37 of 58

Jump to: