Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Raider Talk Baby! V. 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
I am, admittedly, not a fan of LaBron James (yes, I know it's LEBron, but LABron makes it seem more feminine, which makes me giggle). You can't argue against the dude's talent, you just can't. Then again, the results are somewhat expected when you're the more complete package of biggest/fastest/strongest in a league predicated on big, fast, and strong (the steroids helped too, but you'll never hear about that while he's the face of the league).

I grew up in the era of Bird and Magic, and was often regaled with tales of Dr. J's basketball abilities. I came up watching Jordan play, and continued to watch the league through Iverson and Kobe and into the LaBron era. Comparing the two is silly on so many levels. The era, for one. The NBA has become a massive sissy fight. The calls LaBron gets on the nightly (especially when he's crying for them... go ahead, try to deny that) would've been laughed off in the late Bird, Magic/earlyish Jordan NBA. Hell, I imagine he would've gotten himself T'd out of a few games, acting the way he does. Unless Joey Crawford was around back then... I'm not really sure.

Some could argue that Jordan needed Pippen and Grant, and later Rodman to lay claim to the "best ever" title. Those people are stupid. Jordan did more with less than LaBron has in Miami. The only player Jordan had with him that was better than anyone else on Miami's roster was Pippen. After that, there's no actual comparison; the talent on Miami's roster is miles ahead of the talent on Chicago's. (I am also of the opinion that Scottie Pippen could, and would, destroy LaBron on defense, and if you don't believe for a second Pippen was good enough to defend him, you never actually watched him play).

But the whole thing, for me, comes down to one VERY simple question:

Gun to your head, game on the line, who do YOU want taking that last shot; Jordan or LaBron?

I honestly think I've seen LaBron pass on the last shot than actually try to shoot the ball. He simply doesn't have "it". Yeah, people are going to point out his 4th quarter in Game 6 and call me stupid for that "it" statement, but I'm not talking about a four or five minute stretch where he cherry picks off rebounds (go on... deny it) or hits a fade with a smaller defender on him. But who hit the game tying 3? Wasn't LaBron. Actually, Allen hit that 3 off a rebound from a miss by... LaBron.

He's afraid to take the chance, and it shows. That lack of killer instinct is what makes me confident in saying that, not only is LaBron not even CLOSE to Jordan's level, but I think that Jordan would make LaBron eat his own crap.

this will end every bron goat debate. this is exactly how it is.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
... I think that Jordan would make LaBron eat his own crap.

and if anyone knows anything about eating their own poop...

Bolansho Boro Begoz
nickdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
... I think that Jordan would make LaBron eat his own crap.

and if anyone knows anything about eating their own poop...

Jordan?

I heard he ate the poop of Erving to absorb his abilities, much like Indians did with animal hearts.

He then used intercepted childrens' letters to Santa Claus to wipe his butt after his poo movement.

Or so I heard.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting that shot in game 7:
Quote:
ďI know it wasnít the magnitude of MJ hitting that shot in í98, but I definitely thought about him,Ē James said. ďIt was an MJ moment.Ē He paused as a turn of phrase came to mind. ďIt was an LJ moment.Ē

Man he's such a d bag. I hate that tool.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both Denver and Kansas City should call the Patriots and see if they can take advantage of the teamís hole at the position. I think Denver could potentially dangle Joel Dreessen and Kansas City could potentially offer Tony Moeaki. Both players are better than any option the Patriots currently have.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcwest&id=59459

I'm gonna to be heartbroken if they trade Moeaki what are we gonna talk about?
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I think both Denver and Kansas City should call the Patriots and see if they can take advantage of the teamís hole at the position. I think Denver could potentially dangle Joel Dreessen and Kansas City could potentially offer Tony Moeaki. Both players are better than any option the Patriots currently have.

What the Patriots really need to do is call up the Raiders and make a trade for Marcel Reece. That versatility is what they need to replace Hernandez, not just a normal backup TE.

I'd offer the Pats' 2014 second round pick for Reece, but that seems awfully high for a guy like Belichick to offer. Reece just strikes me as a guy that could be so good if put in the right position, not unlike Welker back in the 2007 offseason.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
bitty wrote:

What the Patriots really need to do is call up the Raiders and make a trade for Marcel Reece. That versatility is what they need to replace Hernandez, not just a normal backup TE.

I'd offer the Pats' 2014 second round pick for Reece, but that seems awfully high for a guy like Belichick to offer. Reece just strikes me as a guy that could be so good if put in the right position, not unlike Welker back in the 2007 offseason.

I would be hella heated if we traded Reece, especially to NE.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
bitty wrote:

Reece lightning in NE would make me barf......the guy is a Raider through & through. A guy who was turned away but still is easily one of the best athletes in the NFL, that's a Raider. He has super potential as an explosive weapon.....but that offer isn't bad at all, it'd lessen the pain

ďIf Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Iím uncoachable, Iím unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
bitty wrote:

Reece lightning in NE would make me barf......the guy is a Raider through & through. A guy who was turned away but still is easily one of the best athletes in the NFL, that's a Raider. He has super potential as an explosive weapon.....but that offer isn't bad at all, it'd lessen the pain

naw that second would be really low almost a high third. id need more compensation for reece.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Hernandez is trouble.... Clearly his old life caught up to him & that's sad but to actually "pay" those debts? COLD BLOODED. I'm sure grown folk told him that gangs are usually "For life & till death do u part." He was too cool, he couldn't fall into the abyss, he thought he was untouchable. ENJOY PRISON.

when he entered the NFL draft from a SB Nation article.
Quote:
However, there is the often quoted but never confirmed line from Urban Meyer during Hernandez's freshman year, "Aaron will either be in prison or a Hall of Famer."

hmmmm....

Affiliate of the Bristol Bloods.

Everytime he rents a car someone dies. Odin Lloyd may not be the only dead person on Hernandez' list of bodies. He might have shot a guy in the eye. So much gun related/gang related BS with this guy. This guy will literally go into prison a tight end, he'll stay inside and become a loose end. Deservedly so too as his family is now grieving, his alleged victims' loved ones are grieving, it's a terrible situation that didn't/shouldn't have come to this.

"I don't care, look at me! I have swag. I'm so cool."

GOOD RIDDANCE.

ďIf Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Iím uncoachable, Iím unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly believe that Hernandez will get off though........this is the criminal justice system. It's called criminal justice for a reason.

-Kendrick Lamar
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam dogg do you know him or the victim or something let it go man lol. btw that red thing maybe the only thing that kinda saves him in lockdown. anyways let it go man let it go.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
dam dogg do you know him or the victim or something let it go man lol. btw that red thing maybe the only thing that kinda saves him in lockdown. anyways let it go man let it go.

I just hate what he represents. I've seen athletes like him in college, I can point em out. It's why I truly truly love the supremely talented kats with extremely humble demeanors off the field. What's being a street guy anyways? I understand the "brotherhood through harsh times," and all that but go join the army if you want a real brotherhood..... Matt Light knows what I mean when I say I dislike what "he represents or stands for." Just go see how he feels and has always felt about Aaron Hernandez.

I see him make it rain everytime & something just told me right away l, "I don't like this joker."

Not since Pac Man in Tennessee did I get a click in my head saying "there goes privileged trouble."

-Kendrick Lamar
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I just hate what he represents. I've seen athletes like him in college, I can point em out. It's why I truly truly love the supremely talented kats with extremely humble demeanors off the field. What's being a street guy anyways? I understand the "brotherhood through harsh times," and all that but go join the army if you want a real brotherhood..... Matt Light knows what I mean when I say I dislike what "he represents or stands for." Just go see how he feels and has always felt about Aaron Hernandez.

I see him make it rain everytime & something just told me right away l, "I don't like this joker."

Not since Pac Man in Tennessee did I get a click in my head saying "there goes privileged trouble."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215095/article/matt-light-never-embraced-aaron-hernandez

Quote:
"I never talk about other guys," Light said Tuesday, "but I will say I have never embraced -- never believed in -- anything Aaron Hernandez stood for."

It's interesting that Light's comments came one day before Hernandez's arrest and subsequent release by the Patriots.

That speaks volumes to me!

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

thats life. there is always a few bad apples in every basket. Maybe you lived a squeaky clean life and can throw stones. I know I didnt so imo only god can judge him. From what i heard he wasnt even a street guy just a wannabe who took it too far and now he has to pay the piper. wannabe's like that amuse me cause they get too deep in a game that they really know nothing about. kinda like when plax shot himself lol. idk im more concerned about the trayvon's, oscar grant's and Robie Tolin's in the world. but whatever floats ya boat bruh bruh.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 13 of 58

Jump to: