Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns release S Hagg, LB Rau, RB Rouse, RB Cook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KevinMack34 wrote:
Does all the Kerry Rhodes is gay rumors stop a team like Cleveland from signing him though?

A lot of distraction for a team that is just trying to contend.

We really can't talk about this but I'd sat it has more to do with Rhodes doesn't really love football rumors

i can careless if he loves football or not. he still a very good player, at a position we really need. and we only need him for one year. Curtis Martin said he didn't like football and he had a HOF career

People are saying he doesn't take it that seriously

Doesn't sound like a guy I want

he's took it pretty serious his whole career. whats it matter as long as he preforms on the field. who cares what he does in his personal life. a lot of guys go out and party and have fun. it means nothing

Gronkowski likes to party. Not that it has anything to do with his 4 arm surgeries, possibly needing back surgery, or not being able to fully recover from an infection.

But this is a post about Hagg and Rau. Rau barely made it to the field, 2 tackles, 1 assist, played in 4 games, he was a UDFA. Hagg is a 7th Rd pick and plays like his last name. New scheme in place. Horton needs guys who are going to be able to transition/translate quickly into his scheme. we may not have a lot "depth" at LB and DB, but we have a plenty of bodies, and if they can't do what Horton asks of them, then CUT THE DEAD WEIGHT. More reps for the other guys, and frees up a roster spot from that pool of position players.

Not strange to me.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KevinMack34 wrote:
Does all the Kerry Rhodes is gay rumors stop a team like Cleveland from signing him though?

We really can't talk about this but I'd sat it has more to do with Rhodes doesn't really love football rumors

i can careless if he loves football or not. he still a very good player, at a position we really need. and we only need him for one year. Curtis Martin said he didn't like football and he had a HOF career

he's took it pretty serious his whole career. whats it matter as long as he preforms on the field. who cares what he does in his personal life. a lot of guys go out and party and have fun. it means nothing

Gronkowski likes to party. Not that it has anything to do with his 4 arm surgeries, possibly needing back surgery, or not being able to fully recover from an infection.

But this is a post about Hagg and Rau. Rau barely made it to the field, 2 tackles, 1 assist, played in 4 games, he was a UDFA. Hagg is a 7th Rd pick and plays like his last name. New scheme in place. Horton needs guys who are going to be able to transition/translate quickly into his scheme. we may not have a lot "depth" at LB and DB, but we have a plenty of bodies, and if they can't do what Horton asks of them, then CUT THE DEAD WEIGHT. More reps for the other guys, and frees up a roster spot from that pool of position players.

Not strange to me.

Agreed.

Especially with a new regime, they won't be conflicted about cutting someone who they don't think can play.

What this move likely says is that Jamoris Slaughter is getting close to 100% healthy, and they think he'll for sure be ready for camp.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KevinMack34 wrote:

Not strange to me.

Agreed.

Especially with a new regime, they won't be conflicted about cutting someone who they don't think can play.

What this move likely says is that Jamoris Slaughter is getting close to 100% healthy, and they think he'll for sure be ready for camp.

I guess I just don't see why make that determination now, before camp even starts?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Browns-make-roster-moves/f84d583a-c25c-4549-88ed-5f4dfc7866eb

Robbie Rouse Waived too

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KevinMack34 wrote:

Not strange to me.

Agreed.

I guess I just don't see why make that determination now, before camp even starts?

My guess is that determination was made long ago with film study, but gave the kid a chance to impress in OTAs. Hinsight is 20/20 Department: Bademosi getting time with the 2's at FS over Hagg last week indicated his impending release.

Could also signal a veteran signing. Plenty of cap left, and a few geezers out there who can still play.

This kind of low end roster turnover is to be expected with a new regime. Philly's making all kinds of moves on their bottom 10 as well.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hagg never was anything more than a Heckert attempt to catch lightning in a bottle. He was a dud.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Hagg never was anything more than a Heckert attempt to catch lightning in a bottle. He was a dud.

isnt that what a 7th rounder ever is.........

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

Personally I like the approach of Banner/Lombardi/Whoever of taking guys who dominated at smaller schools vs. guys who didn't exactly shine at bigger ones.

Let's wait and see before answering that question, yes?
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

Personally I like the approach of Banner/Lombardi/Whoever of taking guys who dominated at smaller schools vs. guys who didn't exactly shine at bigger ones.

wow
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

wow

"wow" what?

Hagg never was lightning...we have two guys who at least were, albeit at a lower level.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

Soooo how is what banner and Haslem not trying to catch lightning in a bottle....

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're taking someone like gilkey who didn't play against better competition in hopes that he can stick with the team. And slaughter they took someone injured hoping he can become healthy and be a suitable player how's that not trying to catch lightning

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

wow

"wow" what?

Hagg never was lightning...we have two guys who at least were, albeit at a lower level.

it was more of a "wow" if i keep going i'll break my personal vow to be less sarcastic and mean over the internet so ill leave it at wow

except for the fact that his position coach said that hagg was the best player in that nebraska secondary (not necessarily prospect though)

love that you're hating on irrelevant 7th round selections. shows just how ridiculous you are.

dont see you complaining about billy winn in the 6th either
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

wow

"wow" what?

it was more of a "wow" if i keep going i'll break my personal vow to be less sarcastic and mean over the internet so ill leave it at wow

except for the fact that his position coach said that hagg was the best player in that nebraska secondary (not necessarily prospect though)

love that you're hating on irrelevant 7th round selections. shows just how ridiculous you are.

My bad? Thought this thread was about Hagg.

If you want to catch lightning in a bottle, best to start with lightning.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Not necessarily.

wow

"wow" what?

My bad? Thought this thread was about Hagg.

If you want to catch lightning in a bottle, best to start with lightning.

I wouldn't advise anyone to try to catch lightning in a bottle, but if you were to attempt it I think it would be best to start with the bottle, then proceed with the lightning. You don't want to be carrying around the lightning while trying to find a bottle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: