Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First OTA Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
More importantly the Jets QB's sucked in their first OTA's

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/5/22/4355956/new-york-jets-quarterbacks-struggle-in-otas

I think the Jets are contenders for the #1 overall pick this coming draft. No QB, no WRs, bad OC, lame duck HC and their defense won't be able to carry the team anymore.

Personally I hope they're only as bad as the third overall pick so they can't get the top QB or that DE everyone is pimping.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Personally I hope they're only as bad as the third overall pick so they can't get the top QB or that DE everyone is pimping.

Clowney to the Jets is my worst nightmare.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/5/22/4355956/new-york-jets-quarterbacks-struggle-in-otas

This is shocking to who? lol

I find this part interesting...

Quote:
QB stats are virtually meaningless. Two of the Jets top 3 WRs (Holmes and Hill) didn't participate in team drills. Plus, no tackling. #nyj

Yes, because a QB's job gets much easier once the pads come on and people can hit! QB's should look like Rock Stars in shorts. It's when the pads get on that they tend to struggle even more.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few players that did not participate fully due to injuries. Most of them we knew about. A couple of surprises but the thing I liked best about OTA's was the guys that seemed to already be back at 100%.

Keller TE
Grimes CB
Marshall CB

and this was perhaps the most surprising news to come out of the first day of practice...

Quote:
Numerous players got repetitions with the first team, none more surprising than tight end Michael Egnew, last year's third-round pick who didn't even make the gameday roster for the first 14 games.

From reports he looked pretty good doing it to.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I think the Jets are contenders for the #1 overall pick this coming draft. No QB, no WRs, bad OC, lame duck HC and their defense won't be able to carry the team anymore.

They've done it for 4 years, why stop now?
IbleedMiamiAqua

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of clowney to the jets doesn't scare me as much as it does most people..
-I know clowney is far more athletic then couples, but they tried moving home to OLB in the 3-4 and it didnt really work. Clowney is a 4-3 end. He wants to be a 4-3 end. I doubt he wants to learn to set the edge and cover gronk and Hernandez.
-they would have to change the defense to fit him better..which don't get me wrong is never bad to build around someone like him but the past 3 years the first rd has been Wilkerson couples and this year the kid from Missouri. Obviously that line can switch to clowney Wilkerson Richardson couples but it would take a few years to gel and learn adapt to the new scheme.

I'm pretty sure the linebackers are also built for the 3-4? Pace can deff not play 4-3 OLB Harris might be alright in the middle and god only knows the the other linebackers are on that awful defense.

Just something for thought
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
There were a few players that did not participate fully due to injuries. Most of them we knew about. A couple of surprises but the thing I liked best about OTA's was the guys that seemed to already be back at 100%.

Keller TE
Grimes CB
Marshall CB

and this was perhaps the most surprising news to come out of the first day of practice...

Quote:
Numerous players got repetitions with the first team, none more surprising than tight end Michael Egnew, last year's third-round pick who didn't even make the gameday roster for the first 14 games.

From reports he looked pretty good doing it to.
Was this OTA non-contact, or were there real blocks being thrown? It all means nothing for Egnew until he can throw a block.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has Jamar Taylor gotten a chance to show anything yet?
Manic

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a report saying he had, i think, sports hernia surgery and will be out till training camp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: