Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tedy Bruschi has been selected to the Patriots Hall Of Fame
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Tedy Bruschi has been selected to the Patriots Hall Of Fame Reply with quote

Quote:
Congratulations to Tedy Bruschi, who earns induction into Patriots Hall of Fame, the team announces this morning.

http://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statuses/336827505543614466

Quote:
Bruschi will be inducted on Sunday, August 11 and honored at halftime of the home opener vs. NYJ on Sept. 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqMu408ZA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9rhsrikj4Y

HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT A POST-SEASON VICTORY?!? OOOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHH!!!!

Tom Brady Tribute
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Very deserved. He is all over my favorite Patriots memories growing up as I am 23. Leader in every sense of the word,

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Applause Very deserved. He is all over my favorite Patriots memories growing up as I am 23. Leader in every sense of the word,

You too? so you, Troy Brown and myself... anyone else?
Tom Brady Tribute
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

You too? so you, Troy Brown and myself... anyone else?

I will be 24 on 8/10...I had no idea we had such a wide variety of ages roaming in here. Yeah I came into NFL and Pats right around the time we drafted Vince and made our appearences in 3/4 years...convenient I know but it makes me want more each season. I am very excited for the season. NCAA and NFL.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad Parcells took him before the Colts were going to. The Pats could really use a leader like Bruschi on their current team.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Very glad Parcells took him before the Colts were going to. The Pats could really use a leader like Bruschi on their current team.

I think Mayo is in that mold. He was only drafted 4ish seasons ago. He is just now starting to lead this majority of young players into this regime. We have gone through some major transition from our huge defensive names and players to starting with him and McCourty and geting younger elsewhere. This year should be a good year for our D.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I think Mayo is in that mold. He was only drafted 4ish seasons ago. He is just now starting to lead this majority of young players into this regime. We have gone through some major transition from our huge defensive names and players to starting with him and McCourty and geting younger elsewhere. This year should be a good year for our D.

While Mayo is a smart player and seems to have a good head on his shoulders...he's not in the same mold as Bruschi. In Bruschi and Harrison especially (and others too) the Pats had a group of very charismatic defensive leaders - which is what they're lacking right now. A lead from the front type that will whip the defense up as a unit.

The closest we have to that right now is Spikes.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Robert Kraft recalls standing next to Bill Parcells soon after Tedy Bruschi was drafted. Parcells asked, "Who's that Mexican guy?"

http://twitter.com/tomecurran/statuses/336902944396021764
Tom Brady Tribute
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

While Mayo is a smart player and seems to have a good head on his shoulders...he's not in the same mold as Bruschi. In Bruschi and Harrison especially (and others too) the Pats had a group of very charismatic defensive leaders - which is what they're lacking right now. A lead from the front type that will whip the defense up as a unit.

I'm sorry. The guy who has been suspended for PED's, is really only a one way player (run stuffer supreme) and is now holding out is the guy you most correlate to the Bruschi-type LEADER Murts was mentioning? When anyone thinks Bruschi they certainly don't think Spikes. Don't confuse leader and enforcer. Mayo is a vocal leader, captain, annual top 5 in tackles and at least to me the first defensive player taken as part of the post-dynasty franchise wave. Him and McCourty are the young guys molding into studs for NE since their being chosen along with the anchor Wilfork.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
patsfan06

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for that Sept. 12th game.

Can't wait.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayo isn't in Bruschi's league as a leader (and Spikes isn't even close), but nobody was talking about Bruschi being a great leader 5 years into his career either. After his 5th year, Bruschi wasn't considered to be much more than what Ninkovich is now.

I hope Mayo gets there but he has a much different on-field demeanor than Bruschi did.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I'm sorry. The guy who has been suspended for PED's, is really only a one way player (run stuffer supreme) and is now holding out is the guy you most correlate to the Bruschi-type LEADER Murts was mentioning? When anyone thinks Bruschi they certainly don't think Spikes. Don't confuse leader and enforcer. Mayo is a vocal leader, captain, annual top 5 in tackles and at least to me the first defensive player taken as part of the post-dynasty franchise wave. Him and McCourty are the young guys molding into studs for NE since their being chosen along with the anchor Wilfork.

Mayo is a good leader in terms of being a smart professional, off-field conduct and not making stupid mistakes on the field - but he's far from a charismatic on-field leader type player. He doesn't have weighty presence that gets guys going.

Bruschi had that. Mayo doesn't right now - not to say he couldn't develop that way but I just don't see it in his personality.

Obviously I'm not comparing Spikes to Bruschi and saying they're the same - I'm just saying spikes, at the moment, has shown the greatest on-field charisma. He's more of a presence on the field than Mayo despite clearly being the inferior player in some respects.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4
FakingInjuries

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserves it. Bruschi was a staple of the Pats dynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way if someone didn't get the "How do we feel about a victory" reference, you're not a real Pats fan. [just kidding, sorta Laughing ]
Tom Brady Tribute
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish he was as good of an analyst as he was a linebacker... but I guess he's better at it than Reggie Miller so whatever.

ELRammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: