Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

wideout battle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: wideout battle Reply with quote

Hey guys can't remember the last time I have posted but there has been something on my mind I had to get out

I don't know how many receivers you guys have us keeping but I say we keep 6 WRs and 3 TEs

Obviously Garcon and Moss have a roster spot I would argue josh morgan also but I'm probably the only one here who doesn't seem to think that he has made a big enough name to keep, he's a good all around receiver but to me good is average, he is a safety blanket receiver

So outside of garçon and moss for the 4 remaining spots I have open we have morgan, Robinson, hankerson, briscoe, and my dark horse is Thompson our UDF out of new haven

Robinson-speedy receiver can bust a long one and beat DBs deep, weakness is that we haven't seen him be a great route runner besides the long ball

Hankerson- all around receiver with big upside, weakness is that I don't believe that we have seen him givin enough time on the field to show what he can bring, we saw what he could do before he got injured his rookie year and I liked what I saw

Briscoe- young receiver red zone threat, weakness is if he can be consistent, we didn't see it last year and I worry about separation from defenders

Morgan- like I said he is a safe receiver and has shown he can make plays and be consistent, weakness I don't think he is going to be a big play contributor for us but consistency is important and he has that

Thompson- he is not known of and at 6-3 and from highlights I have seen he has a tremendous upside, weakness how will coming from a small school and being undrafted transition to the NFL will he be able to play at the same level?

With that said I believe it will be

Garçon- game changer we are better with him on the field
Moss- can't get a better slot receiver at his age producing, fan favorite
Morgan- he is reliable and safe bet
Hankerson- I think he can develope into our number 2 or better with time
Robinson- deep ball threat can change momentum with 1 play
Thompson- I like his skill set and he could be the big steal for us this year

I leave briscoe out, his hands worry me and I like his size and red zone ability but he's not very fast and with bad hands as we saw last pre season he just worries me he's young but youth isn't anything without the skill set

I know we talked about who makes it in our roster prediction thread but what do you guys think?

Oh and for TE I have
Davis
Reed
Paulson

Niles Paul is just not gonna be what we want home to be
Deangelo Peterson to me is going to be interesting to watch, I've heard great things about him but we just don't know yet

Check out thompsons YouTube video. It made me very anxious to watch him in preseason!
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niles Paul is definitely a wild card. Not quite sure what he is going to be.

I think that Hankerson actually secured a starting role last season midway through and Morgan was the odd man out.

I dont think that Briscoe is going to do much of anything if he couldnt do anything last season.

Shanahan like Robinson for his deep play ability, but if that is all he can do, what good can he be. Hopefully, Moss will be able to mentor the kid on being a good slot WR and Robinson can slide into that role when Moss decides to give it up.

DeAngelo Peterson is going to be a practice squad guy unless he can beat out Paulsen. But by the looks of it, this staff likes Paulsen and the undersestimated pass catcher that he is. If anyone to be Griffin's security blanket it has been Paulsen.

WHOA....

I just realized that we signed Skye Dawson from TCU. I was watching some highlights of him, and he is a phenomenal pick up. If he shows well in the preseason during returns look for him to grab a roster spot. He has some wheels.

Also, on May 13th, Jason Thompson was waived. Sorry LFOX21.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan has the best hands our of all out WRs.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Statistically, its Hankerson, which is highly surprising. But he only had 4 drops last season.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Statistically, its Hankerson, which is highly surprising. But he only had 4 drops last season.

4 Drops doesn't tell the story--How many times was he targeted.. ??
Also, Morgan was not near a 100% after dislocating his ankle with S F.. He had the pins removed this offseason.. I think you'll see more of his potential this season ..
Thompson-- I think they cut him already right ??
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
mike23md wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

4 Drops doesn't tell the story--How many times was he targeted.. ??
Also, Morgan was not near a 100% after dislocating his ankle with S F.. He had the pins removed this offseason.. I think you'll see more of his potential this season ..
Thompson-- I think they cut him already right ??

Thompson was waived on May 5/13.

Hankerson was targeted 62 times.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Lewis will be a game-changer in pre-season.
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcon (starter)
Hank (starter)
Moss (slot)
Morgan (backup to Garcon and Hank)
Robinson
Last stop is up for grabs IMO

Garcon is penciled in as the #1 obviously

Its Hanks make or break year. This is his 3rd season in the offense and WR's normally breakout their 3rd year so we will see if he can live up to the hype. Hank was very raw coming out of the U but he is a tremendous athlete 4.4 straight line speed and he is about 6-1 1/2. I hope he locks down the #2 spot this year.

Morgan played gimpy all last year but he runs solid routes and has dependable hands for the most part. With the pins removed from his ankle he should be more explosive. Will probably see him split time with Hank as well.

Also the Shanny's love it when a receivers can block and our best three blocking wr's are: Garcon, Hank, and Morgan.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 Wrs:

(Starter)Garcon, Robinson
(Starter)Morgan, Hankerson, Briscoe
(Slot)Moss

4 TEs:

Davis, Paulsen, Reed, Paul

Practice squad:

WR- Lance Lewis
TE- DeAngelo Peterson

The Shanahan's love their playmakers, so I think they'll keep 6 WR/4 TE. Also, there's a chance this is Morgan and Moss' last year on the team so they'll want to keep the young guys like Robinson and Briscoe who could replace them next year and Davis might be gone next year also so keeping Paul to develop for his 2nd year as a tight end because in time he could develop into something special and with Lorenzo Alexander gone now Paul's special teams play for us is going to be key.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
6 Wrs:

(Slot)Moss

4 TEs:

Practice squad:

WR- Lance Lewis
TE- DeAngelo Peterson

The Shanahan's love their playmakers, so I think they'll keep 6 WR/4 TE. Also, there's a chance this is Morgan and Moss' last year on the team so they'll want to keep the young guys like Robinson and Briscoe who could replace them next year and Davis might be gone next year also so keeping Paul to develop for his 2nd year as a tight end because in time he could develop into something special and with Lorenzo Alexander gone now Paul's special teams play for us is going to be key.

Niles Paul was not that active on special teams, and I dont see him making a bigger impact than say Reed Doughty. Paul only became more active on special teams when Shanny realized that Brandon Banks had lost his ability to break the big one.

Now, we could have Chris Thompson handling the duties, or Skye Dawson, if he makes the team. That would be my sleeper.

I think that Niles Paul is not going to make the team this year. We have 3 TE's and Peterson is someone that Shanahan really likes.

WR:
Garcon
Hankerson
Morgan
Moss
Robinson
Dawson

TE:
Davis
Reed
Paulsen

PS:
Peterson
Lewis

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
6 Wrs:

(Slot)Moss

4 TEs:

Practice squad:

WR- Lance Lewis
TE- DeAngelo Peterson

Niles Paul was not that active on special teams, and I dont see him making a bigger impact than say Reed Doughty. Paul only became more active on special teams when Shanny realized that Brandon Banks had lost his ability to break the big one.

Now, we could have Chris Thompson handling the duties, or Skye Dawson, if he makes the team. That would be my sleeper.

I think that Niles Paul is not going to make the team this year. We have 3 TE's and Peterson is someone that Shanahan really likes.

WR:
Garcon
Hankerson
Morgan
Moss
Robinson
Dawson

TE:
Davis
Reed
Paulsen

PS:
Peterson
Lewis

You make great points!!!! If Shanny can find someone to return KOs. Paul is gone!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Paul the return man, gunner and blocker on special teams?

Yeah. I'll be shocked if he's a gunner. John Keim, Brian Tinsman and other beat reporters have been saying the same thing for months
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Yeah. I'll be shocked if he's a gunner. John Keim, Brian Tinsman and other beat reporters have been saying the same thing for months

You would have to be a pretty amazing gunner to make the 53 man roster and thats all you contribute.!!!! LOL
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I dont think that Paul will be a gunner if he is a converted TE. But we'll see. I really think that the FO wanted Paul to be that possession WR but he never really panned out, so they converted him to TE to be what Reed is going to be to Davis.

Paulsen is a big blocking reliable guy who can also catch. So it makes more sense to have those 3 playing TE than Paul who will not see the field.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Geronimo

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, only Garçon, Morgan and Moss are good receivers. Davis played well before injury, but his recovery is still questionable. Paulsen is more a blocker than a receiver. Hankerson received a few long passes, but what else? And I hardly remember Briscoe on field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: