Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks could face fines from NFL due to PED suspensions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Seahawks could face fines from NFL due to PED suspensions Reply with quote

Quote:
.@wyche89 reports #Seahawks could face fines by @NFL for multiple players being suspended in a season for violating PED policy after Irvin

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/336601833583804420
Tom Brady Tribute
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks could face fines from NFL due to PED suspension Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
.@wyche89 reports #Seahawks could face fines by @NFL for multiple players being suspended in a season for violating PED policy after Irvin

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/336601833583804420
I like your sig.

Good on the league for hopefully fining. The cheating needs to stop.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fining the Hawks could get sticky. Teams can't watch players 24/7. If the Hawks encourage or make players use then someone would go to jail.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine the players. Not the organization. Oh the NFL finding another way to get money they don't even need. If another suspension happens I am going to be so disappointed. I have very high hopes for this season.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks could face fines from NFL due to PED suspension Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
I like your sig.

Tom Brady Tribute
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is silly talk the league won't fine the Seahawks if they did it would be really stupid Paul Allen or the coaches can't follow these guys around 24/7 its there own fault if they don't follow the rules.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
This is silly talk the league won't fine the Seahawks if they did it would be really stupid Paul Allen or the coaches can't follow these guys around 24/7 its there own fault if they don't follow the rules.

How many failed drug tests before it reflects some sort of organizational negligence?
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

How many failed drug tests before it reflects some sort of organizational negligence?

I don't really see how this is on the organization these are grown adults putting stuff into there own body's they know the risks.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I don't really see how this is on the organization these are grown adults putting stuff into there own body's they know the risks.

For one, they can inform the players that they are starting to do random drug tests themselves so the players will be even more careful and less likely to use.

They can also fine/bench/threat to release players involve in failed drug testing.
Tom Brady Tribute
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

For one, they can inform the players that they are starting to do random drug tests themselves so the players will be even more careful and less likely to use.

They can also fine/bench/threat to release players involve in failed drug testing.

They are pretty much getting fined and benched by getting caught and the NFL already does random drug testing they can only do a certain amount according to the new CBA i believe.

The only way your going to carry out the threat of a release is if the player is a multiple time offender or he is just a bad player.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I know they're grown men but you've got to ask yourself why it happens more to the Seahawks than other teams? What are they doing differently? Is it not enough education? A problem with discipline? Who knows...? I'm just saying that after a while you have to look past blaming the individual players and taking a deeper look at the problem. It's like if a class full of students is all failing, maybe the blame should not be placed on the students but rather on the teacher. I think it's organizations responsibility to keep these guys in line and to keep them clean.
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I know they're grown men but you've got to ask yourself why it happens more to the Seahawks than other teams? What are they doing differently? Is it not enough education? A problem with discipline? Who knows...? I'm just saying that after a while you have to look past blaming the individual players and taking a deeper look at the problem. It's like if a class full of students is all failing, maybe the blame should not be placed on the students but rather on the teacher. I think it's organizations responsibility to keep these guys in line and to keep them clean.
The players do know the risks by league standards. There obiously aren't any risks playing for the Seahawks and taking PEDs. Which could be why the league is going to try to get the organization to get their players in line or get fined for it.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I think the bolded nails it on the head, personally.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the new CBA the teams can't do much if anything.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/5/29/3049618/nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement-prevents-teams-from-disciplining
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheaters.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: