Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks could face fines from NFL due to PED suspensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
imani wrote:
Persian Bolt wrote:
Take a draft pick away, that'll wake the team up.

The majority of these players were camp fodder, bench players at best. Not sure how that solves the problem for guys trying to make a roster.

So what if they are? What, are we not going to punish guys who aren't set in stone at the position? I don't recall any team having as many issues with this as Seattle. Eventually something will need to be done.

Because people are trying to chalk our success up to cheating, and it's ridiculous.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
This doesn't really shock me at all tbh. Frankly when Sherman came out and made it sound like the accusations against him last season were outlandish, I sort of expected to hear about it again after the fact and guess what...we have.

Regardless of who on this team is involved, to me, Sherman was guilty, he knows it, most of us who aren't so wrapped up in being a Seattle fan know it, and frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if suspensions follow.
Confused The issue was never if he was or wasn't guilty, it was whether or not there was probable cause to suspend him. Protocol wasn't followed so there wasn't.

There's no way Sherman is suspended, don't be ridiculous. What's that conversation going to look like?
"So uh, Sherm. Someone else on your team got busted for Adderal, so we're suspending you too."

I think you mis understood my comments about the suspensions. I wasn't talking about Sherman in that respect, I was just saying it wouldn't shock me if there were suspensions in general. I didn't mean I thought Sherman specifically would get suspended because as you said, did he deserve a suspension the first time? I would say yes, but protocol was not followed properly and there for, they could not justify it, which is fair.

I just meant the guilty parties this time around, warranting that protocol properly followed, could see a suspension and to me, It would be justified. I can't see a scenario in which Sherman would even remotely be considered part of those suspensions.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="imani"]
broncos67 wrote:

Because people are trying to chalk our success up to cheating, and it's ridiculous.

First let me be clear, do I think their success in 2012 was the result of cheating? No, absolutely not.

Does Cheating help you succeed? Yes, I believe it can, evidence of that, imo, can be found in other examples of cheating in the past.

They're not called Performance Enhancing Drugs for no reason, but I'm not attributing their success to the use of PED's either.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is other teams since 2010 that have 3 or 4 PEDs suspensions, not sure why Seattle is being singled out so much. Browner, Guy, Moffit, and Irvin are the only ones you should pay attention to. Barbre failed his before he was even on the team and Vai Taua failed his when he wasn't apart of the team IIRC, or was actually suspended by Seattle and not the league. He was released right away and never even played a down for us. Moffit has a prescription but didn't turn in his papers on time. So that leaves 3 players. It's probably because it keeps occurring over a period of time which is ridiculous, but to single only the Seahawks out is kind of dumb. It's happening to other teams too. And for the hawks it's only Adderrall, which is hardly an enhancer. Especially knowing that all you need is a prescription to make it legal and all of a sudden its not a PED. Stop blaming Carroll, he has nothing to do with it. Just because he is a players coach who is laid back doesn't make him a bad guy telling his team to do this. Oh wow he may have paid some players at the college level? You would be surprised how many teams or coaches do that at the college level and don't get caught. That is totally irrelevant to these PEDs. He has said him and JS go above and beyond to make sure they're following the rules. It's the young guy's fault. The league should have no right to fine the team. Fine the player bringing it upon himself.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seadderal Seachickens Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
There is other teams since 2010 that have 3 or 4 PEDs suspensions, not sure why Seattle is being singled out so much. Browner, Guy, Moffit, and Irvin are the only ones you should pay attention to. Barbre failed his before he was even on the team and Vai Taua failed his when he wasn't apart of the team IIRC, or was actually suspended by Seattle and not the league. He was released right away and never even played a down for us. Moffit has a prescription but didn't turn in his papers on time. So that leaves 3 players. It's probably because it keeps occurring over a period of time which is ridiculous, but to single only the Seahawks out is kind of dumb. It's happening to other teams too. And for the hawks it's only Adderrall, which is hardly an enhancer. Especially knowing that all you need is a prescription to make it legal and all of a sudden its not a PED. Stop blaming Carroll, he has nothing to do with it. Just because he is a players coach who is laid back doesn't make him a bad guy telling his team to do this. Oh wow he may have paid some players at the college level? You would be surprised how many teams or coaches do that at the college level and don't get caught. That is totally irrelevant to these PEDs. He has said him and JS go above and beyond to make sure they're following the rules. It's the young guy's fault. The league should have no right to fine the team. Fine the player bringing it upon himself.

They are not taking adderall. Even if they were taking Addys it helps with focus and concentration. There's a reason why its a prescription drug, it works.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i'm not sure it warrants it's own thread, but I figure it's somewhat news worthy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9389811/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-takes-umbrage-jim-harbaugh

Quote:
He's a coach. He's never gonna be out there lined up against me. I wish he would; I'd put my hands around his neck. At the end of the day, I'm about winning football games

Interesting choice of words...

I don't know that it's a big deal, but with all the negative attention as of late, I would think the organization might want to get on these guys of not making news.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
BangBang

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Have you seen or heard the head coach lately?

http://deadspin.com/is-pete-carroll-a-9-11-truther-513149713

Quote:
In particular, Carroll wanted to know whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened. Chiarelli—who was the top-ranking Army official inside the Pentagon when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into its western side—explained that it had. He said he had lost many colleagues. But Carroll didn't stop there. He ran through the whole 9/11 truther litany.

"Every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of, Pete asked about," said Riki Ellison, the former NFL linebacker who now runs the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance and introduced Carroll to Chiarelli. Ellison, along with Seahawks offensive line coach Pat Ruel, was at the meeting as well. "And he didn't stop at 9/11—he had lots of questions about the role of the military today." (Carroll does seem to have some fondness for the military. He lectured at a military-sponsored "conference on small unit excellence" in 2009, and last year Ellison connected him with Army soldiers at Camp Carroll in Korea.)

Now all they gotta do is go and get Rashard Mendenhall. Laughing
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
^^

Have you seen or heard the head coach lately?

http://deadspin.com/is-pete-carroll-a-9-11-truther-513149713

Quote:
In particular, Carroll wanted to know whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened. Chiarelli—who was the top-ranking Army official inside the Pentagon when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into its western side—explained that it had. He said he had lost many colleagues. But Carroll didn't stop there. He ran through the whole 9/11 truther litany.

"Every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of, Pete asked about," said Riki Ellison, the former NFL linebacker who now runs the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance and introduced Carroll to Chiarelli. Ellison, along with Seahawks offensive line coach Pat Ruel, was at the meeting as well. "And he didn't stop at 9/11—he had lots of questions about the role of the military today." (Carroll does seem to have some fondness for the military. He lectured at a military-sponsored "conference on small unit excellence" in 2009, and last year Ellison connected him with Army soldiers at Camp Carroll in Korea.)

Now all they gotta do is go and get Rashard Mendenhall. Laughing

o lawd

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
So i'm not sure it warrants it's own thread, but I figure it's somewhat news worthy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9389811/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-takes-umbrage-jim-harbaugh

Quote:
He's a coach. He's never gonna be out there lined up against me. I wish he would; I'd put my hands around his neck. At the end of the day, I'm about winning football games

I don't know that it's a big deal, but with all the negative attention as of late, I would think the organization might want to get on these guys of not making news.

I love this rivalry.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
The Seadderal Seachickens Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Preach

Props to Jamison on the sig
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Quote:

This doesn't sound like roid rage at all. Laughing Laughing Laughing

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
clubmember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did this turn into, the hate on the Seahawks thread? This thread was about how the Seahawks may face fines due to PED suspensions, not how Brandon Browner does not like Jim Harbaugh and how Pete Carroll might believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories (and it's from deadspin.com, not sure how reputable that source is).

#JDI
49erjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Quote:

no idea why hes upset that our coach is telling it like it is. Dont like it, stop cheating.

Walter Redskins on the sig.
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Quote:

I love this rivalry.

As do I Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: