Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rutgers taking over: Patriots sign WR Mark Harrison
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Rutgers taking over: Patriots sign WR Mark Harrison Reply with quote

Quote:
Patriots back in Rutgers pool. Signed receiver Mark Harrison. Also signed kicker from Notre Dame David Ruffer. #PatriotsTalk

http://twitter.com/tomecurran/statuses/336584700963463168

They also added Notre Dame Kicker David Ruffer.

The 6-3, 231 pound WR ran 4.37 at the combine and also had a 38 and half vertical jump and 17 bench reps.

Harrison was originally signed by the Bears after the draft but was released after failing a physical.

Tom Brady Tribute
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems so gifted, but he wasn't anywhere on the radar during the draft process, and has already been cut by a team. I don't know if I should have any expectations....

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Seems so gifted, but he wasn't anywhere on the radar during the draft process, and has already been cut by a team. I don't know if I should have any expectations....

For what it's worth, he wasn't exactly released, he agreed to terms with the Bears after the draft ended and failed his physical so they didn't sign him to a contract. If the Patriots signed him then it means he fully recovered from the injuries he was dealing with and passed his physical.
Tom Brady Tribute
HOVA333

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, there has to be naked pics of BB locked in a vault at Rutgers.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW ENGLAND RUTGERS

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

For what it's worth, he wasn't exactly released, he agreed to terms with the Bears after the draft ended and failed his physical so they didn't sign him to a contract. If the Patriots signed him then it means he fully recovered from the injuries he was dealing with and passed his physical.

They can sign him without him passing a physical. It could just be the Pats are more willing to give an injured guy a roster spot or their doctors don't have the same concerns as Chicago's.

We can assume though that the Pats are aware of whatever issue he has and are comfortable with it for now.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, what happened to the Jets claiming him on waivers? Was that report wrong?
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

They can sign him without him passing a physical. It could just be the Pats are more willing to give an injured guy a roster spot or their doctors don't have the same concerns as Chicago's.

We can assume though that the Pats are aware of whatever issue he has and are comfortable with it for now.

Possible but i doubt a team will sign a guy of this low level without him passing the physical, he probably passed it, although your reasoning does make sense if the Patriots are comfortable with the situation.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison was let go by the Bears because of a foot injury that happened during the vertical jump in the combine, just saw it in the video, didn't seem like much at all.

Also one of the reasons he went undrafted were character concerns because it was his and DeAndre Hopkins's hotel room that was trashed during the combine.

Richter wrote:

He couldn't be waived, he was only with the Bears on tryout basis because he agreed to terms but never signed a contract, once he was let go he was a free-agent.
Tom Brady Tribute
Donut

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:

I wanted us to draft him. Though I also thought his knee was healthy which it wasn't and that's why bears cut him(or never signed him since he failed physical).
Richter wrote:

I think your thinking of Marcus Davis? WR from VT. Giants cut him and Jets claimed him.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

I wanted us to draft him. Though I also thought his knee was healthy which it wasn't and that's why bears cut him(or never signed him since he failed physical).
Richter wrote:

I think your thinking of Marcus Davis? WR from VT. Giants cut him and Jets claimed him.

Probably, though I know on the Jets boards they were talking about claiming Harrison from the Bears. That's what I get for listening to Jets fans...
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Possible but i doubt a team will sign a guy of this low level without him passing the physical, he probably passed it, although your reasoning does make sense if the Patriots are comfortable with the situation.

Well physicals are not exactly pass/fail tests. The medical staffs inform the team of issues and potential issues. The chicago doctors and NE doctors could say the exact same thing about a player's injury (such as how long he would need to rehab or the potential for long term concerns), and the two teams could make different personnel decisions.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be rooting for him to make the roster, or at least the redshirt IR

Sigs-Taking Requests
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Richter wrote:

That's the first player in football history to not want to block for his team right? Yeah, don't want him....

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
CopeMan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT is gone so we need someone has to love this prototype pickup!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: