Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs & Mini Camps 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Fanin cut by the Broncos today.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Mario Fanin cut by the Broncos today.

Not a big lost. The guy was always injured. Too bad the deer antler spray didn't work out for him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnGqXliGbE
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Posted in the other thread, but glad this thread was made...

Apparently Osweiler, Greg Orton and Chris Harris were impressive today.

I swear I hear that about Orton every year from OTA's and TC....yet he never makes the 53 man roster...is he just a TC warrior ??

Same with Julius Thomas, but to be fair, this is the first OTA of his career he's been healthy for. Make or break for him, and he still intrigues me as a pass catcher.

With Welker as the primary over-the-middle receiver, I could easily see Tamme getting traded and JT replace him....cheaper version of the same guy

Dunno what the infatuation is with trades, but Tamme isn't getting traded because Julius Thomas has a tendency to look good in practices. I could see Thomas eating into his PT a bit if he earns it and then playing more next year, but we're not going to trade a weapon like Tamme, nor should we.

I just see how teams like SF, Bal, etc are building for the future by acquiring draft choices and since we build through the draft, rather than see an asset let go, I'd rather trade for draft choices, something we don't do very well at this point

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
I just see how teams like SF, Bal, etc are building for the future by acquiring draft choices and since we build through the draft, rather than see an asset let go, I'd rather trade for draft choices, something we don't do very well at this point

For most part these trades are going to get you a late rounder. This isnt a special players he a decent TE and at best you're getting a 5th back. It isn't worth keeping a lesser player for a 5th(if even that).

Gase had a lot of complimentary things to say about Hillman and how he's improved in pass blocking and gained 15lbs.
http://sulia.com/caplannfl/f/cd695512-b2fc-4275-8f92-3f9401bd7f08/
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

For most part these trades are going to get you a late rounder. This isnt a special players he a decent TE and at best you're getting a 5th back. It isn't worth keeping a lesser player for a 5th(if even that).

Gase had a lot of complimentary things to say about Hillman and how he's improved in pass blocking and gained 15lbs.

I follow him on instagram and it would seem he looks a bit bigger:

http://instagram.com/p/ZoUnZXR8hs/

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
Donut wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

I follow him on instagram and it would seem he looks a bit bigger:

http://instagram.com/p/ZoUnZXR8hs/

I am sure it's nothing to worry about but hopefully the extra weight does not affect his speed. For a smaller body structure such as his, 15 pounds is significant muscle mass gain.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Finally. One of the only people to actually see him play and also one of the only ones to know he was worthless.

"But but but... He ran a fast 40". Shut it.

Yeah that sure was brilliant of you Jersey predicting the guy to get injured twice in a row. Good call. Your analysis of Mario Fannin was spot-on, as usual.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Finally. One of the only people to actually see him play and also one of the only ones to know he was worthless.

"But but but... He ran a fast 40". Shut it.

Yeah that sure was brilliant of you Jersey predicting the guy to get injured twice in a row. Good call. Your analysis of Mario Fannin was spot-on, as usual.

Never predicted the guy to get hurt. Dont know what that even means. DT was injured twice, did he get cut? Nope. Wrong again.

If he was worth anything to keep around, they would have. He wasnt and still isnt.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Brady was a 6th rder, TD was a 6th rder, Tom Nalen a 7th rder...... plus those lower draft choices can help move up to higher picks (from the 32nd position in each round)

Manning completed 400 passes last year, 52 to Tamme over the middle. How many of those 52 are now going to be taken by Welker ?? DT will get 80-90, Decker 80-90, Welker 80-90, Dreessen 30-35, RB's 50+...Tamme can get 50 catches, no doubt...that's what gives him value. But if Green and JT can absorb those (along with Welker), why not get a future commoditiy and retain the same production for a cheaper price ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Brady was a 6th rder, TD was a 6th rder, Tom Nalen a 7th rder...... plus those lower draft choices can help move up to higher picks (from the 32nd position in each round)

Manning completed 400 passes last year, 52 to Tamme over the middle. How many of those 52 are now going to be taken by Welker ?? DT will get 80-90, Decker 80-90, Welker 80-90, Dreessen 30-35, RB's 50+...Tamme can get 50 catches, no doubt...that's what gives him value. But if Green and JT can absorb those (along with Welker), why not get a future commoditiy and retain the same production for a cheaper price ?

Because Julius Thomas is a completely unproven commodity and Virgil Green is not anywhere near the mismatch that Tamme is. We have an embarassment of riches on offense, but it's a good problem to have. The value Tamme provides as a TE is much greater than the value of a 6th round pick. This is what gets teams in trouble, trading away pieces for no reason.

There's no reason he can't stick around for the next two years and then be gone. The more capable receivers on the field, the better.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Donut

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

How often do you see a HOFer or all pro from a 5th rounder. Not often. The percentage to get a player of Tamme's caliber is unlikely. Do you really sell away the depth for what most likely will be a nobody.
What if Welker gets injured and Thomas ends up being mediocre and nothing on offense. Why would you sacrifice depth for a low percentage at getting a contributor? Depth is important and you shouldnt sacrifice a good option if someone is hurt.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Never predicted the guy to get hurt. Dont know what that even means.

Just laughing at how quick you are to pat yourself on the back for nothing.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
How often do you see a HOFer or all pro from a 5th rounder. Not often. The percentage to get a player of Tamme's caliber is unlikely. Do you really sell away the depth for what most likely will be a nobody.
What if Welker gets injured and Thomas ends up being mediocre and nothing on offense. Why would you sacrifice depth for a low percentage at getting a contributor? Depth is important and you shouldnt sacrifice a good option if someone is hurt.

Beautifully put.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Donut wrote:

Beautifully put.
Tamme is not going anywhere and they certainly couldn't trade him as Donut explains. I predict Julius Thomas to be cut in final cutdowns and for Lucas Reed to beat him out. THe Broncos will keep four TE's and Tamme is right there at #2. He can be used as a bigger slot receiver inside when they go 4 wide. He can get open in the seam and catches most everything. No reason to get rid of a proven player who still gets the job done.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Donut wrote:

Beautifully put.
Tamme is not going anywhere and they certainly couldn't trade him as Donut explains. I predict Julius Thomas to be cut in final cutdowns and for Lucas Reed to beat him out. THe Broncos will keep four TE's and Tamme is right there at #2. He can be used as a bigger slot receiver inside when they go 4 wide. He can get open in the seam and catches most everything. No reason to get rid of a proven player who still gets the job done.

While posters have made very good points on the importance of Tamme for the Broncos, to further it, Tamme was also used last season to help identify the defensive scheme by moving him around formations.

Tamme isn't an all pro, but he is more important to the Broncos than he would be for another team and Denver wouldn't get that type of compensation. His veteran presence, familiarity with Manning, and versatility Denver wouldn't be able to replace this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: