Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
imo wilson wont last behind this line. i cant get a good reading on him imho seems like the typical gunslinger tho. wish he played vrs bama.

I think he'll be fine. He took a beating last year like a man. Returning to the PBS with Tony Sparano coaching it will help our OL. I'm going into this year assuming it will be in the range from subpar to average. Which isn't "get your QB killed" level of bad.

how does the pbs help our oline with pass blocking?

Did you see how horrendous it got last year with the ZBS? How many times rushers flew in with lineman not knowing who to block? Thats a ZBS thing more than a PBS thing. You don't have to think about your assignment as much in a PBS.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
imo wilson wont last behind this line. i cant get a good reading on him imho seems like the typical gunslinger tho. wish he played vrs bama.

Of course he won't you didn't even need to say that, we knew it, but Pryor should would!!!!one!1!!!!

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.

Jaws, while a total deusche, is a pretty good evaluator of QBs and is pretty good at breaking them down. I'll wait to see it but let's hope Olsen tailors the offense to what Flynn is good at. The transition to Wilson will be a little easier b/c I see Wilson as a glorified Flynn.
Hopefully we get a franchise QB next year that we can all be excited about.

I'm perfectly fine w/ Wilson for a couple years to see what he's got. I don't expect Brady or Manning but I sure do expect Eli Manning, Matt Schaub etc. I'd have no problems w/ that. We don't need to go after a QB next year, not at all.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I think he'll be fine. He took a beating last year like a man. Returning to the PBS with Tony Sparano coaching it will help our OL. I'm going into this year assuming it will be in the range from subpar to average. Which isn't "get your QB killed" level of bad.

I'm actually going into the season w/ our line being a little more optimistic that you are believe it or not. We have a much better offensive line coach and a scheme that plays to most of our lineman's strengths. I expect average to above average.

PM sig requests.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSL3CWl7nb8

Don't know if anyone saw this, but Wilson seems to have good velocity on his throws. Can't wait for training camp / preseason.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

Don't know if anyone saw this, but Wilson seems to have good velocity on his throws. Can't wait for training camp / preseason.

I was pumped when I saw him not do the ostrich step more than for his velocity.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

I was pumped when I saw him not do the ostrich step more than for his velocity.

I noticed that too. I'm hoping its like that in game situations
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.

Disconcerting at best. When I read this earlier I thought this reads like symptoms of tendonitis and the reason I said in another thread that I did not envision Flynn as the starter at the end of the season. Other than the occasional "throw it as far as you can and put it where only the WR can get it", a la Jason Campbell, fans should table the "Olson will have some vertical components to the offense to play to Moore's strengths" discussion.

Moore is going to have to toughen up and become more comfortable making receptions in traffic. Olson promised to put players in position to win and to play to their strengths. Where Raider Nation gets confused is believing that this means more vertical routes for Moore. However, this will impossible with Flynn, Wilson or McGloin to consistently find success throwing deep. I am confident that the Raiders will rarely be throwing deep vertical routes. It's not that Olson is deceiving it's that the notion of vertical routes with WCO QBs is mutual exclusive.
When i look at Olson's success with TB when Freeman did well it was nearly all deep passes, down the seam and sideline. Go check it out on
http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/blog/

I guess you could say he was conforming to players strengths if you want to be positive, but if we are objective about what he has success with we would think the lack of deep would be devastating.

Let me redirect. Flynn, Wilson & McGloin aren't Freeman. A WCO QB is usually around 6'2"-6'3" accurate but underpowered. Freeman is 6'6" 248lbs with a big arm (btw Freeman is an excellent candidate to be a Raider in 2014). Hello? What part of "they don't have the same skill set" aren't we getting? Olson can talk about going vertical all day long but it ain't gonna happen. Olson's supposed strength is a flexible playbook. The lack of vertical passing isn't a death sentence but it will make some players miscast.
Agreed, which is why everyone is worried about the offense. Sad I don't think we can run a successful short yardage offense with our receivers, hopefully i'm wrong, but if i'm right by default i'd rather see Pryor run around, but at the same i agree we need a passer long term.........sigh it's going to be a long season. Sad

Tyler Wilson?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Did you see how horrendous it got last year with the ZBS? How many times rushers flew in with lineman not knowing who to block? Thats a ZBS thing more than a PBS thing. You don't have to think about your assignment as much in a PBS.

i thought zbs and pbs were only for running plays.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1684729-do-the-raiders-really-have-the-worst-roster-in-the-nfl

Definitely a good read. Hopefully he's right and everything turns out perfect.

Very Happy

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Nope, it's how your line moves and determines who they block in all aspects of the game. Here's a good breakdown

http://hiteminthemouth.blogspot.com/2010/01/man-blocking-vs-zone-blocking-with-gaps.html

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Nope, it's how your line moves and determines who they block in all aspects of the game. Here's a good breakdown

http://hiteminthemouth.blogspot.com/2010/01/man-blocking-vs-zone-blocking-with-gaps.html

thanks. I know man vrs zone blocking but ive never heard of pbs in the passing game. I guess pbs = man blocking?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Dennis Allen I'm hoping Tyler Wilson has a great camp and steals this job from Flynn. Going with 5-11 or 6-10 with a 4th round rookie QB would be pretty impressive considering the situation the Raiders are in.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited to have J.Ford back. He is a explosive play maker who can make a big impact in the slot.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rating of Flynn as worst starter in the NFL was kind of unfair imo. He can't be worse than Gabbert or Ponder at least. This article made me feel a bit better:

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/6/26/4465610/matt-flynn-reminds-rich-gannon-of-himself-calls-ron-jaworskis-opinion-ridiculous

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37

Jump to: