Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21118
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Hopefully all of this does help with injuries. Cant hurt that is for sure.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/6/23/4457214/oakland-raiders-new-head-groundskeeper-gives-training-camp-field-facelift


I just read that too. If this was found out to be the culprit of a lot of TC injuries over the years then I'd be livid.

Ya me too. Although doesn't really sound like Al Davis knowingly putting players in danger when it can be fixed with dollar bills. People can say what they want about him but he was always about the players. Now on the other hand if the coaches office was a slightly bigger than a doghouse without and computer I can see that.


Not if it is Hernandez doghouse Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8498
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Hopefully all of this does help with injuries. Cant hurt that is for sure.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/6/23/4457214/oakland-raiders-new-head-groundskeeper-gives-training-camp-field-facelift


I just read that too. If this was found out to be the culprit of a lot of TC injuries over the years then I'd be livid.

Ya me too. Although doesn't really sound like Al Davis knowingly putting players in danger when it can be fixed with dollar bills. People can say what they want about him but he was always about the players. Now on the other hand if the coaches office was a slightly bigger than a doghouse without and computer I can see that.


Not if it is Hernandez doghouse Wink

lol I had just saw that picture on twitter after I wrote this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8498
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11579
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


Jaws, while a total deusche, is a pretty good evaluator of QBs and is pretty good at breaking them down. I'll wait to see it but let's hope Olsen tailors the offense to what Flynn is good at. The transition to Wilson will be a little easier b/c I see Wilson as a glorified Flynn.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3575
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


Jaws, while a total deusche, is a pretty good evaluator of QBs and is pretty good at breaking them down. I'll wait to see it but let's hope Olsen tailors the offense to what Flynn is good at. The transition to Wilson will be a little easier b/c I see Wilson as a glorified Flynn.
Hopefully we get a franchise QB next year that we can all be excited about.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5479
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


Disconcerting at best. When I read this earlier I thought this reads like symptoms of tendonitis and the reason I said in another thread that I did not envision Flynn as the starter at the end of the season. Other than the occasional "throw it as far as you can and put it where only the WR can get it", a la Jason Campbell, fans should table the "Olson will have some vertical components to the offense to play to Moore's strengths" discussion.

Moore is going to have to toughen up and become more comfortable making receptions in traffic. Olson promised to put players in position to win and to play to their strengths. Where Raider Nation gets confused is believing that this means more vertical routes for Moore. However, this will impossible with Flynn, Wilson or McGloin to consistently find success throwing deep. I am confident that the Raiders will rarely be throwing deep vertical routes. It's not that Olson is deceiving it's that the notion of vertical routes with WCO QBs is mutual exclusive.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14569
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


dam 32 Laughing thats cold.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tamby


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 77
Location: NY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson and Greg Olsen could be the future of our offense Confused

In all seriousness though, I do hope we start Wilson and let him get as much game-time experience as possible while we [inappropriate/removed] the bed this year. He's younger, cheaper, and has more potential than Flynn. As a player, Wilson reminds me of a poor man's Brett Favre.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3575
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


Disconcerting at best. When I read this earlier I thought this reads like symptoms of tendonitis and the reason I said in another thread that I did not envision Flynn as the starter at the end of the season. Other than the occasional "throw it as far as you can and put it where only the WR can get it", a la Jason Campbell, fans should table the "Olson will have some vertical components to the offense to play to Moore's strengths" discussion.

Moore is going to have to toughen up and become more comfortable making receptions in traffic. Olson promised to put players in position to win and to play to their strengths. Where Raider Nation gets confused is believing that this means more vertical routes for Moore. However, this will impossible with Flynn, Wilson or McGloin to consistently find success throwing deep. I am confident that the Raiders will rarely be throwing deep vertical routes. It's not that Olson is deceiving it's that the notion of vertical routes with WCO QBs is mutual exclusive.
When i look at Olson's success with TB when Freeman did well it was nearly all deep passes, down the seam and sideline. Go check it out on
http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/blog/

I guess you could say he was conforming to players strengths if you want to be positive, but if we are objective about what he has success with we would think the lack of deep would be devastating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5479
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"After breaking down Matt Flynn's NFL game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away discouraged by his arm strength and believes the Raiders will have to "manipulate" Flynn with "pass concepts and playcalling."
Flynn is No. 32 in Jaws' 2013 Quarterback Countdown. "The more throws I watched, the more his arm strength limitations were evident," Jaworski said. "... In fact, I was concerned that his few deep balls lost energy at the back end. They had a tendency to die." Jaws suggested Flynn "needs" an effective play-action passing game to be successful, which isn't dissimilar from Matt Cassel. We don't believe Flynn will last more than eight starts in Oakland."

Per rotoworld.

Take it for what it is worth.


Disconcerting at best. When I read this earlier I thought this reads like symptoms of tendonitis and the reason I said in another thread that I did not envision Flynn as the starter at the end of the season. Other than the occasional "throw it as far as you can and put it where only the WR can get it", a la Jason Campbell, fans should table the "Olson will have some vertical components to the offense to play to Moore's strengths" discussion.

Moore is going to have to toughen up and become more comfortable making receptions in traffic. Olson promised to put players in position to win and to play to their strengths. Where Raider Nation gets confused is believing that this means more vertical routes for Moore. However, this will impossible with Flynn, Wilson or McGloin to consistently find success throwing deep. I am confident that the Raiders will rarely be throwing deep vertical routes. It's not that Olson is deceiving it's that the notion of vertical routes with WCO QBs is mutual exclusive.
When i look at Olson's success with TB when Freeman did well it was nearly all deep passes, down the seam and sideline. Go check it out on
http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/blog/

I guess you could say he was conforming to players strengths if you want to be positive, but if we are objective about what he has success with we would think the lack of deep would be devastating.


Let me redirect. Flynn, Wilson & McGloin aren't Freeman. A WCO QB is usually around 6'2"-6'3" accurate but underpowered. Freeman is 6'6" 248lbs with a big arm (btw Freeman is an excellent candidate to be a Raider in 2014). Hello? What part of "they don't have the same skill set" aren't we getting? Olson can talk about going vertical all day long but it ain't gonna happen. Olson's supposed strength is a flexible playbook. The lack of vertical passing isn't a death sentence but it will make some players miscast.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 3723
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Kurn waived.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/24/raiders-waive-mario-kurn/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14569
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo wilson wont last behind this line. i cant get a good reading on him imho seems like the typical gunslinger tho. wish he played vrs bama.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32180
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
imo wilson wont last behind this line. i cant get a good reading on him imho seems like the typical gunslinger tho. wish he played vrs bama.


I think he'll be fine. He took a beating last year like a man. Returning to the PBS with Tony Sparano coaching it will help our OL. I'm going into this year assuming it will be in the range from subpar to average. Which isn't "get your QB killed" level of bad.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2495
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Flynn can make quick and good decisions.
With our OL returning to PBS and getting good coaching they will be able to hold the rushers till Flynn make his decision.
We need our recievers to show sure hands, but Reece and DMC from the backfield can help with that too...

If Wilson can get down the offense fast enough and can show improving decision making I'm sure he could end up being the starter especially if Flynn can do just game managing...

However Flynn could be enough to keep the defenses honest, so DMC and the rest of the RB's should be able to run behind this improved line.

Good running game and solid game managing QB performance could give us an acceptable offense.


I have big hopes for our renewed D, so hopefully we will see a better team overall.
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14569
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
imo wilson wont last behind this line. i cant get a good reading on him imho seems like the typical gunslinger tho. wish he played vrs bama.


I think he'll be fine. He took a beating last year like a man. Returning to the PBS with Tony Sparano coaching it will help our OL. I'm going into this year assuming it will be in the range from subpar to average. Which isn't "get your QB killed" level of bad.


how does the pbs help our oline with pass blocking?
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 33 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group