Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's start today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: OTA's start today Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1645331-an-insiders-guide-to-nfl-otas

Here is an insider guide to the OTAs. They do a good job explaining what they are, rules and changes, what to expect in a typical day at OTAs, getting rookies acclimated because its their first experience with the speed of the game at the NFL level, and lastly but most importantly staying healthy. The ACL injury to San Diego Chargers 2nd year OLB is certainly unfortunate, which led to the Chargers signing Dwight Freeney to a two year deal.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/17/gm-bruce-allen-excited-about-start-of-otas-not-focusing-on-griffin-rehab/

The Redskins on start the next stage of their offseason program with today with organized team activities. Before today players only did drills with no helmets on. Today the players will be on the field with their coaches, and running plays against the opposing unit of the team.

Quote:
Allen said he was happy with how the teams draft picks did earlier this month at the rookie minicamp, and that he looks forward to seeing them continue to learn as they join their veteran teammates on the field.

Now we get to blend them in with the rest of the guys, Allen said.

We have strong camaraderie and focus in our locker room, Allen said. The core of our team is young, and the focus is getting that core better.

On Friday, when asked for the latest update on Griffin, Allen said, Were not really thinking about that until July. Hes doing well with the trainers. Until he takes a physical, hell continue to work with them.

RG3 will attend OTA's, but not participate in team activities. He will continue to work with the trainers during OTAs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/05/redskins-thursday-tweetbag.html

Here are some posts from rich Tandler about ota's and what he thinks of guys chances on the roster so far. Here's a few i like:

Quote:
Zack Jenkins @RedskinsST21

@Rich_TandlerCSN If you had to pick one guy on the 90 who's gonna surprise people good or bad, who would you pick and why?
3:25 PM - 21 May 2013

Might be a better question to ask in a few weeks after I've had a chance to look at the whole team during OTA's. However, I'll give you a guy I've been hyping all offseason--OT Tom Compton. He has the physical tools to be in the mix at right tackle and I think he will make a strong push to win the starting right tackle job. Even if he's not quite ready in September, he could be in November.
looks like Rich really believes that Compton could win the starting job @ RT Cool

Quote:
JBIII @JBeaver3083

@Rich_TandlerCSN How is Pat White settling in?
3:48 PM - 21 May 2013

Suggside11 @Suggside11

@Rich_TandlerCSN Does Pat White make the team If RGIII is not near returning by the end of pre-season?

Let's hit both of these Pat White questions at once here. White is settling in just fine from what I've heard. It will be interesting to watch what he does during practice. I wouldn't rule out White making the team if RG3 starts the season on the PUP list but that seems to be such a remote possibility that it's not worth thinking about in much depth. I think that the one chance White has to make the team would be as a "slash" type player, doing some of the stuff out of the backfield that the attempted to do with Brandon Banks last year.
I can't wait to watch Pat Whit this preseason and see how we're going to use him. I really hope he plays well enough to supplant Grossman , sounds like its a possibility

One guy on Twitter asked Rich about Tanard Jackson's status. Here was Rich's answer:

Quote:
Rich_TandlerCSN @Coach_Bottoms No. Team can't have any contact with him and his agent won't return anyone's calls. Can't count on him.
7 hours ago
some agent he has there... Tanard can't talk & his agent won't communicate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/05/23/rg3-takes-the-field-at-washington-redskins-otas-throwing-passes/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Rg3 takes the field throwing passes.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOO! I wonder what the attendance % is of the OTAs.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info

Quote:
@NFLSkins

Stuff from Redskins OTA: 6th rd pick S Bacarri Rambo picked off a pass in 11 on 11. Looked very good!

Stuff from Redskins OTA: RG3 looked good moving during ladder drills and sprinting. Amazing he had ACL/PCL surgery 4 months ago. He's trying

Rambo Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@russellmaina980

Rookies David Amerson and Bacarri Rambo each had a INT against Rex Grossman. Rambo was at FS for his.

After throwing two straight picks, Rex dialed up a long ball to Aldrick Robinson beating Amerson/Gomes.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@russellmaina980

Young WR Skye Dawson looked most impressive on punt returns. Had one that he spun out of for nice gain.

Pat White did have one really nice throw I saw. Under OC PA boot R-->L, fired a strike to TE Ogbuehi.

RB Jawan Jamison had a nice "2nd level wiggle" on 1 run (@John_Keim) & did nice job in pass pro mirror.

One play from Richard Crawford that I really liked. He recovered big time & closed on a deep ball INC.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@russellmania980

Trent Williams engulfed Orakpo on an inside move (probably a hold) but TW might be more crucial than RG3

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Rich_TandlerCSN

Skins' Morris: "I like to challenge myself I set the bar pretty high list year and Im looking forward to pushing it even higher this year."

Morris on #RG3: "Hes going to be back, Im not worried at all."

More Morris: "We have a bad taste in our mouth and thats serving as motivation" for the coming season.

Alfred Morris said that he was "bored" during the offseason and was "happy and excited" to be back with his teammates.

@john_keim

Mike Shanahan on LB Brian Orakpo: "He looks as good as ever."

‏@Redskins

RT @JerryRice: "Great seeing @RGIII back on the field!Smile"

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orakpo's *new* facemask

i love it!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Orakpo's *new* facemask

i love it!!!

Love it!!!!!! Cool

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been so excited and hyped for football to start. Born in 1991 i've never seen a Redskin team with this must potential!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Quote:
@russellmaina980

Rookies David Amerson and Bacarri Rambo each had a INT against Rex Grossman. Rambo was at FS for his.

After throwing two straight picks, Rex dialed up a long ball to Aldrick Robinson beating Amerson/Gomes.
everyone picks off Grossman! Laughing man I hope we keep Pat White over him.

Not surprising that Robinson (our fastest wideout) beat Amerson and especially Gomes deep. Gomes is purely SS material.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Orakpo's *new* facemask

i love it!!!
isn't that Bowen's face mask also?

I like it. Hope it brings him more sacks
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Griffin III is working thru football drills, throwing to receivers, with a rehab group at Skins OTAs

http://www.telly.com/OSS2OQ

Video of Rg3 throwing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: