Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which rivals AFC West draft pick do you...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vonpolean

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Which rivals AFC West draft pick do you... Reply with quote

Fear the most?

And which do you think will bust?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pick I fear the most is DJ Hayden. Maybe not right away, but at the lastest come Osweiler's tenure, I expect him to be the next shut down corner in the West.

The pick which will bust is DJ Fluker, simply because he is Franklin 2.0. and will go up against the likes of Von Miller, Lamarr Houston, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Which rivals AFC West draft pick do you... Reply with quote

Vonpolean wrote:
Fear the most?

And which do you think will bust?

Eric Fisher will start from week 1 for the Kansas City Chiefs as will D.J. Fluker for the Chargers. But I wouldn't fear either. Both will have some rough games as they learn the NFL level of play.

I expect DJ Hayden for the Raiders to have more impact as a rookie. While he will be an upgrade for the team, the Raiders will need more help in the front 7.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o could be good.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Te'o could be good.

Same here. He's the one I fear.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Te'o could be good.

Same here. He's the one I fear.

Lol. I'm not worried about Te'o. He got dominated by the Alabama OL in the title game and while that OL may have been the best in the history of NCAA football, it'd be an average OL by NFL standards. Louis Vasquez will show him what's up.

None of the picks really worry me. Eric Fisher is probably already the second-best LT in the AFCW and that's a key position. But I don't see him taking Von out of the game or anything. DJ Hayden is a CB I like quite a bit, but, like Fisher, I don't see him shutting down DT.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I fear anyone in this draft, from a broncos perspective. I think the Raiders got the best haul thiugh, even though after year one it may not appear that way, and it will never appear that way if they dont infuse the roster with even more talent around this class.

I love Menelik Watson in the second. He's a solid run blocker already, and is so so athletic that I'll think he becomes very good in pass pro. Raw but tools to be very good. DJ Hayden is going to be really good, but the Broncos shouldn't "fear" one cornerback with the group of receivers we're throwing out. Raiders also got Sio Moore a good linebacker who can become a weapon, and a QB who has real upside. Down the road maybe you fear some of these guys.

Players i "fear" are game breakers though, and I think the one player taken in this divisions draft is Sly Williams who can be so disruptive inside he can really influence/take over a game. Big if for him to become that guy, but he could be feared if he lives up to potential.

There aren't really players to "fear" this draft though. No college pass rusher put up Von Miller A&M numbers three straight years, so no pass rusher who I think anyone will fear. No AJ Green in this draft, no elite level QB talent. Think about this draft as a whole, not much to fear, imo.

Thats my spiel on fear i guess.

As a bust I'd say Fluker. He's going to get exposed with some of the pass rushers in this class. He's screwed his first game against Von. That's a 3 sack game for Von if Flukers on the right and not at guard. He's prob also the only guy w bust potential new to the division picked high enough that we say "wow what a bust."

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Keenan Allen

2.) DJ Hayden

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lucked out when we had our awful year and got a top pick. That year, we couldn't have gone wrong with Von, Peterson, Dareus or Green. Same goes for last year with Luck, RGIII and Kalil at the top of the first round.

This year, however, there was no elite talent at the top of the draft like Elliot said; there wasn't a game-breaking WR, a elite edge rusher or a franchise QB. There were some good players and even Eric Fisher ends up the next Joe Thomas (and, for the record, I think he ends up a "very good" OT but not an "elite" OT) but there isn't really anyone I fear.

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear nobody.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Manti Teo

2) DJ Fluker

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
1) Manti Teo

2) DJ Fluker

Same here.

Some around here are huge Manti Te'o haters so I wont even get started. I believe he'll be a superstar in this league.

DJ Fluker is going to bust faster than jsthomp2007 with a big chick. Hes got zero athleticism, the worst feet Ive seen of any 1st round tackle and playing for a QB that takes tons of sacks. Hes going to look worse than he already is.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o is going to be a run-of-the-mill ILB in this league. He's not going to be a bust but he's certainly not going to be a superstar. Von Miller is a superstar. Ray Lewis was superstar. Manti Te'o will have a solid, 10-12 year NFL career, and that's not a knock on him, but he's not going to be anything special.

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o will be a superstar. The same way that Troy Polamalu is a superstar. The way that Patrick Willis is a superstar. The way that Brian Cushing is a superstar.

Just because youre not a once in a generation player doesnt mean youre not a superstar.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
We lucked out when we had our awful year and got a top pick. That year, we couldn't have gone wrong with Von, Peterson, Dareus or Green. Same goes for last year with Luck, RGIII and Kalil at the top of the first round.

This year, however, there was no elite talent at the top of the draft like Elliot said; there wasn't a game-breaking WR, a elite edge rusher or a franchise QB. There were some good players and even Eric Fisher ends up the next Joe Thomas (and, for the record, I think he ends up a "very good" OT but not an "elite" OT) but there isn't really anyone I fear.

Dareus is nothing special at all... The Broncos could've gone the wrong way and selected him (who was the consenseous favorite among Denver fans.) So yeah, we could have messed up big time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: