Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Band wagon fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
I got you all beat. If you dont know who Dana Hall is, then you dont know SF.

Laughing Laughing

safety u of Wash
Laughing

Man was that guy awful.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
jamesl2424

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I am 36 years old and grew up in Washington DC, I have been a fan of the Niners since I was 3 according to my parents which puts me around 1980. The story my parents tell me is that when I was 3 years old I was attracted to the pretty gold helmets and cried when anyone else was playing. I dont have a problem with people that jump on when the team is good, in High School it felt like most of my school liked the Niners or the Redskins. The people that I have an issue with are the ones who jump on and jump right back off at the first sign that the ship is taking on water. Truth is I can answer all the questions but I am a fanatic and I know it. But the knowledge isnt what makes me a fan, its the pain and the joy that I actually feel depending on the outcomes of games. To me that is the difference between a bandwagon fan and someone who will support the team for the long haul. If I was going to ask a question to someone I met in the street today wearing a niners jersey to understand how they felt it would be really easy. Have you watched highlights or a replay from this years Super Bowl? If the answer is "YES" then you like the team and its recent success but you are not so invested that watching it would make you sick to your stomach. I dont need to watch that game again, each play is burned into my memory and it always will be because I care. I realize this was pretty long winded but my point in a nutshell is The 49er bandwagon comes with one ticket and once you exit the ship dont show your [inappropriate/removed] around here no more...LMAO

On a side note my 11 year old son is going to be attending the Navarro Bowman football camp next Saturday and we both got huge smiles on our face today when we found out that Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Boobie Dixon would be attending as well. Ill try to post some pics If I can for you guys to see.

These pictures were taken at Fedex Field prior to the game last year. My friend who is a Redskins season ticket holder pulled into his RV spot and low and behold parked right next to us is Navorro Bowman's family and friends. When I saw this lady i walked up to her and I said "excuse me I just wanna say nice jersey, gotta give you credit not to many 53's out there can I ask where you got it?" She said baby to get this jersey you would have had to given birth to him. I gave her a big hug and thanked her and met most of his family and friends. BTW she is a mean cook too.

Last edited by jamesl2424 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you, here. The "Have you watched highlights or a replay of this year's Superbowl?" question is a great one. I've literally watched NONE. There were some great plays I'd like to see again, but I just can't get myself to watch anything.

And awesome Navorro story.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
jamesl2424

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rudy. Another question I like to ask to gauge how long someone has been supporting the team is this. Did you ever HATE Steve Young? If the answer to this question is yes you are pre 1990 if its no then you started later. I dont know many longtime Niner fans that cant say that at least for a one or two year period they disliked Young on some level, I know I did. I like Steve Young now and supported him but everytime I saw Joe Montana in a Chiefs jersey I would cringe. And I will admit I was bitter and blamed Steve but I think that was most of the Niner Faithful during that time. It is kinda funny though how many of our ex QB's find themselves in Kansas City. Joe, Elvis, Steve Bono, and now Alex.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesl2424 wrote:
Thanks Rudy. Another question I like to ask to gauge how long someone has been supporting the team is this. Did you ever HATE Steve Young? If the answer to this question is yes you are pre 1990 if its no then you started later. I dont know many longtime Niner fans that cant say that at least for a one or two year period they disliked Young on some level, I know I did. I like Steve Young now and supported him but everytime I saw Joe Montana in a Chiefs jersey I would cringe. And I will admit I was bitter and blamed Steve but I think that was most of the Niner Faithful during that time. It is kinda funny though how many of our ex QB's find themselves in Kansas City. Joe, Elvis, Steve Bono, and now Alex.

Well, now I disagree. Being a hardcore fan isn't synonymous with being a long-time fan. I never hated Steve Young. He is the reason why I love football, and he's the reason why I became a hardcore niner fan. The truth is, the first football game I ever watched was in 1996. I truly believe even a fan who's been following the team only for a few years can be a diehard fan. Duration isn't a prerequisite for loving a team. It's an indicator, but hardly the most important.

As I said a few weeks ago, I encourage bandwagon fans. If out of a thousand bandwagonners, only 3 become die hard fans, then I'll welcome those 3 with open arms.

jamesl2424

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree you can be a hardcore fan that started last year and I am cool with bandwagon as long as they stay on once they board. I just use the Steve Young question to gauge how long any fan has followed the team and if its pre 1990 most felt the way I did about Steve Young and like I said I grew to appreciate him. The problem that Steve had was that Joe set the bar so high no one could reach it. And the bigger issues early on with Steve wasnt the regular season it was the playoffs and with Joe it was the exact opposite once the playoffs began he took it to a level that no one has been able to duplicate.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many beers... oops, years.. have passed, yet I have no memory of hating Steve Young at all.

Cool post, by the way, james (the long post). I agree that there are better ways to gauge what makes a fan... though I have no desire to really question or judge others on their fandom. I was here through the tough years, and never even considered bailing out for another team during then.

I put a target on my back many years ago as a 49ers fan living in the heart of New Orleans. Made it all the worse since the Saints and 49ers were brutal NFCW rivals then.

A close friend of mine is a die-hard LSU fan. He watches EVERYTHING that LSU does... a real fanatic. But he became that way due to his family essentially brainwashing him into being that way. I CHOSE to become a 49ers fan.. and that was just prior to the 49ers becoming a dominant franchise. Am I saying that makes me a better SF fan than he is an LSU fan? Well, heck.. I dunno. My brain has already disengaged and I am confused on what point if any I was making. Good day.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesl2424 wrote:
Ok so I am 36 years old and grew up in Washington DC, I have been a fan of the Niners since I was 3 according to my parents which puts me around 1980. The story my parents tell me is that when I was 3 years old I was attracted to the pretty gold helmets and cried when anyone else was playing. I dont have a problem with people that jump on when the team is good, in High School it felt like most of my school liked the Niners or the Redskins. The people that I have an issue with are the ones who jump on and jump right back off at the first sign that the ship is taking on water. Truth is I can answer all the questions but I am a fanatic and I know it. But the knowledge isnt what makes me a fan, its the pain and the joy that I actually feel depending on the outcomes of games. To me that is the difference between a bandwagon fan and someone who will support the team for the long haul. If I was going to ask a question to someone I met in the street today wearing a niners jersey to understand how they felt it would be really easy. Have you watched highlights or a replay from this years Super Bowl? If the answer is "YES" then you like the team and its recent success but you are not so invested that watching it would make you sick to your stomach. I dont need to watch that game again, each play is burned into my memory and it always will be because I care. I realize this was pretty long winded but my point in a nutshell is The 49er bandwagon comes with one ticket and once you exit the ship dont show your [inappropriate/removed] around here no more...LMAO

On a side note my 11 year old son is going to be attending the Navarro Bowman football camp next Saturday and we both got huge smiles on our face today when we found out that Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Boobie Dixon would be attending as well. Ill try to post some pics If I can for you guys to see.

These pictures were taken at Fedex Field prior to the game last year. My friend who is a Redskins season ticket holder pulled into his RV spot and low and behold parked right next to us is Navorro Bowman's family and friends. When I saw this lady i walked up to her and I said "excuse me I just wanna say nice jersey, gotta give you credit not to many 53's out there can I ask where you got it?" She said baby to get this jersey you would have had to given birth to him. I gave her a big hug and thanked her and met most of his family and friends. BTW she is a mean cook too.

The whole thing sounds really cool, but as much as I'm intrigued by it - we can't post personal photos of ourselves. You'll really need to remove it as the avatar as well.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
jamesl2424 wrote:

The whole thing sounds really cool, but as much as I'm intrigued by it - we can't post personal photos of ourselves. You'll really need to remove it as the avatar as well.

Why is that? YOU have a picture of yourself as an avatar, after all...

jamesl2424

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... Pic is removed and so am I.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree about not watching this years SB. Every time NFLN would show it I wouldn't watch it. I couldn't.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesl2424 wrote:
Wow.... Pic is removed and so am I.

Thanks for taking it down. As for you leaving - sorry to see you go, but rules are rules and I don't make them. The webmaster doesn't want any kinds of personal information, including photos, on the website for security purposes.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My $0.02 as a Dolphins fan (who came into your forum to see if ya'll made a thread about Kaep wearing that Dolphins hat Laughing ):

New fans are great, bandwagon fans suck. If these newcomers stick with the 49ers if they start to decline in a season or 10, great.

Hopefully one day soon we will have this problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: