Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Band wagon fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

In all fairness, most "fans" aren't represented well by the people of this forum. I wonder if you're confusing hardcore fans with just "fans". The idea of being a fan of something i think is to enjoy something. When teams are bad or times are rough, its hard to be entertained by the product being offered, so of course most people who would consider themselves fans may not be interested during these times. Who has a good time with bad teams? Most people decide to spend their time and money on things that they will get enjoyment from at that point. The people here on this forum...well, we are a special breed. Honestly, it wouldn't be out of line to compare us to music groupies. We are the people who love football and our respective teams no matter what because we get enjoyment from football in good times and bad. That's not going to be the case for your average person and isn't typical. We are closer to being fanatics than the more accepted/general definition of the term "fan" (yes, i understand that one word derives from the other, but they do have different definitions and social representations).

Beautiful post... and makes me want to hug you in a completely innnocent and bromantical way. Laughing

49ers FANATICAL GROUPIES 4 LIFE !!!!

___
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning = More Fans

More Fans = More Primetime Games, More Articles to Read, More Hotties at Niner Bars, More Home and Away Field Advantages, More People to Chat with About my Beloved 49ers, etc...

Those are all pretty good things. I'll take it.

The only time it bothers me is when I get mistaken for one of them (bandwagoners) by a cranky junky. But that only lasts a minute.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:

In all fairness, most "fans" aren't represented well by the people of this forum. I wonder if you're confusing hardcore fans with just "fans". The idea of being a fan of something i think is to enjoy something. When teams are bad or times are rough, its hard to be entertained by the product being offered, so of course most people who would consider themselves fans may not be interested during these times. Who has a good time with bad teams? Most people decide to spend their time and money on things that they will get enjoyment from at that point. The people here on this forum...well, we are a special breed. Honestly, it wouldn't be out of line to compare us to music groupies. We are the people who love football and our respective teams no matter what because we get enjoyment from football in good times and bad. That's not going to be the case for your average person and isn't typical. We are closer to being fanatics than the more accepted/general definition of the term "fan" (yes, i understand that one word derives from the other, but they do have different definitions and social representations).

Beautiful post... and makes me want to hug you in a completely innnocent and bromantical way. Laughing

49ers FANATICAL GROUPIES 4 LIFE !!!!

Careful, Rudy may get jealous Laughing

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
Winning = More Fans

More Fans = More Primetime Games, More Articles to Read, More Hotties at Niner Bars, More Home and Away Field Advantages, More People to Chat with About my Beloved 49ers, etc...

The only time it bothers me is when I get mistaken for one of them (bandwagoners) by a cranky junky. But that only lasts a minute.

+1. Those are excellent points that I hadn't considered. Plus, the bolded is a great thing lol. I don't live in SF, but if they're drawing more on primetime games everywhere, then even I will see an increase of hotties at the bars on a monday night when they are playing.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
Winning = More Fans

Sorry Forge and Rudy, this one wins it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:

you're being sensitive and arguing semantics

I think you're being sensitive over nothing, really. If you don't like bandwagonners, shrug it off and go on with your pride and everything. It doesn't change anything with how you live your life. Be the bigger man, take the high road, and go on with your day. Soon, these bandwagonners won't be in your way anymore. So, basically, just suck it up.

IT WAS A RANDOM POST

Secondly, I was just asking if it has happened to anyone else or had anyone else had encountered it outside of the bay area.

you were the one turning it into a crusade of righteousness asking stupid questions like "does it hurt you physically?" as well as taking offense by thinking this post was about you and getting "inside your feelings" as if i was talking about you (which i wasn't)

basically if it doesn't matter to you about band wagoners and if it isnt such a "big deal" you shouldn't have even posted on this thread.

I mostly just didn't like your criteria for what is, basically, a "lesser" fan. Personally, if I see any niner fan, I'm just happy. If I realise he's a bandwagonner, it just makes me feel even prouder that I've been a fan for a long time and stuck with the team even when they were bad. It doesn't enrage me. I don't feel the need to ask them questions to reveal them to the world as lesser fans.

And yes to RWnG's post!! More hotties wearing tight or shortened niners jersey, ALWAYS a good thing!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Fuller and Wright, but I couldn't tell you who the nickel guy was back in '94. Funny, though, as all of these questions come from some time or other when the team was really good. If we must make a bandwagon test, shouldn't we ask questions from the era when it was miserable to be a 49ers fan? Like:

- who was Bill Walsh's first draft pick after he came back as GM?
- whose crappy blocking was directly responsible for Steve Young's last concussion, and what did that guy famously do to his girlfriend in college?
- which unbelievably bad backup QB drafted in the 2nd round was known for referring to himself in the third person in interviews?
- which Mario Brother did the 49ers draft in the 3rd round in the year Tom Brady came out?
- what bag of fail did the 49ers draft in the 1st round in 1992 to replace Ronnie Lott?
- what the hell is a Chike Okeafor?
- what 1st round cornerback sucked royally in San Francisco and then was really good with the Bears?

You know...that kind of stuff.

edit: it should also be noted that "bandwagon fans" who are kids, like Forge was back in the 1980's, often end up as fans for life. Winning teams sew the seeds of the next generation of fans, even when the adult bandwagoners have gone back to wherever they came from.
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
I know Fuller and Wright, but I couldn't tell you who the nickel guy was back in '94. Funny, though, as all of these questions come from some time or other when the team was really good. If we must make a bandwagon test, shouldn't we ask questions from the era when it was miserable to be a 49ers fan? Like:

- who was Bill Walsh's first draft pick after he came back as GM? Not sure about that one good question
- whose crappy blocking was directly responsible for Steve Young's last concussion, and what did that guy famously do to his girlfriend in college?
Lawrence "i cant stay out of jail" phillips Beat her
- which unbelievably bad backup QB drafted in the 2nd round was known for referring to himself in the third person in interviews? Jim Druckenmiller

- which Mario Brother did the 49ers draft in the 3rd round in the year Tom Brady came out?
- what bag of fail did the 49ers draft in the 1st round in 1992 to replace Ronnie Lott? gotta look up that one
- what the hell is a Chike Okeafor? DE/LB was a marginal player
- what 1st round cornerback sucked royally in San Francisco and then was really good with the Bears? R.W. McQuarters and he played pretty good for the giants too.

edit: it should also be noted that "bandwagon fans" who are kids, like Forge was back in the 1980's, often end up as fans for life. Winning teams sew the seeds of the next generation of fans, even when the adult bandwagoners have gone back to wherever they came from.

I don't call those folks band wagoners (the description listed above) I'm talking about those guys who call themselves "real fans" and then jump ship as soon as we go 8-8. I became a fan in 84-85 when we won the superbowl against miami and haven't looked back. its ok to jump on with a new team just if you're gonna do it IMO STAY THERE!

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:

- who was Bill Walsh's first draft pick after he came back as GM? Not sure about that one good question
Lawrence "i cant stay out of jail" phillips Beat her
- which unbelievably bad backup QB drafted in the 2nd round was known for referring to himself in the third person in interviews? Jim Druckenmiller

- what bag of fail did the 49ers draft in the 1st round in 1992 to replace Ronnie Lott? gotta look up that one
- what the hell is a Chike Okeafor? DE/LB was a marginal player
- what 1st round cornerback sucked royally in San Francisco and then was really good with the Bears? R.W. McQuarters and he played pretty good for the giants too.

I don't call those folks band wagoners (the description listed above) I'm talking about those guys who call themselves "real fans" and then jump ship as soon as we go 8-8. I became a fan in 84-85 when we won the superbowl against miami and haven't looked back. its ok to jump on with a new team just if you're gonna do it IMO STAY THERE!

oh the nickel guy in 94 was Toi Cook from the saints

It's Hard
It's rough
Clark87

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 46 years old and was born and raised in the city of San Francisco. I remember when Steve DeBerg wore a speaker on his back in order to call out plays to his team because he had laryngitis. This fact should date me as a fan before "THE CATCH" yet I was called a bandwagon fan by many for wearing a Dwight Clark jersey not long after the 49ers first Super Bowl win against the Bengals in Super Bowl XVI.

I stopped posting on 49er message boards for a long time because I ran into way too many people always trying to prove how much more of a fan they were then the next guy. Not unlike this thread it was pretty lame.

Does it really matter how many fairweather fans emerge because the 49ers are winning again? It shouldn't matter one bit to anyone. As I have always said "A hardcore fan will feel more joy and more pain when his team wins or loses. A fairweather fan will only feel half as much of each..who's the real winner ?"
Boxx9er

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
kidcymucks wrote:
What if I've had the following jerseys?

Ahmad Plummer
Andre Carter
Mike Rumph

These are the BAAAD ones. I've since made a rule that I won't get a players jersey until his second contract. But I broke that rule and bought the Kap SB Jersey. I'm hoping I didn't jinx him

I can beat that...

Kentwan Balmer.

In my defense, it was a christmas gift from my mom... Laughing

lol.... I had a JJ Stokes and Jim Druckenmiller

Boston Zombie
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got you all beat. If you dont know who Dana Hall is, then you dont know SF.

Laughing Laughing

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
RamzFanz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funnier than fans that take themselves so seriously?!?

I'm a better fan because... lol. Silly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
I got you all beat. If you dont know who Dana Hall is, then you dont know SF.

Laughing Laughing

safety u of Wash
Laughing

It's Hard
It's rough
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamzFanz wrote:
What's funnier than fans that take themselves so seriously?!?

I'm a better fan because... lol. Silly.

Whats funnier is fans of a team that is not competitive, but yet try to troll others b\c he\she cant talk about anything relevant that their team is doing.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: