Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Band wagon fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Band wagon fans Reply with quote

What's up to my TRUE niner faithful.

have any of you (especially those of you who DON'T live in the bay area) noticed that in the last couple of seasons there are all of a sudden a bunch of niner "fans" where there were none two years ago?

Rolling Eyes

I can't stand fake fans who roll with a team just because they are doing good
and act like they've been there.

IF YOU WEREN'T WITH US WHEN TIMES WERE DARK THEN DON'T JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON NOW!

I charge them up like they were claiming to be part of the same fraternity I'm part of:

"who was the nickel corner during the niners last superbowl win and what team was he with before we signed him?"

"Who was safety that eddie debartelo took care of and his family after he sustained a career ending injury"

"Who was the cb that made the game saving tackle to secure the win in the 1981 "the catch game?"

I go all the way to left on these cats to see if they are REAL niners fans

I hate pretenders.

just a random rant.

have you guys encountered anything like that?

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
adamq

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have you guys encountered anything like that?

A lot down here. Before Harbaugh, I literally met one 49er fan where I live... Now it seems every other day I see someone with a Niner cap or a sticker on their car.. So annoying.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
CoryH

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Band wagon fans Reply with quote

Mark Roman and Kwame Harris are my litmus test. We didnt have bandwagon fans when those 2 were on the field. If someone does not cringe at the mere utterance of those names, they are not a niner fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them all the time in los Angeles if you don't remember the days that the fragile Jonas Jennings and kwame Harris were o ur book end tackles then I just don't want to hear anything coming out your mouth. owww the dark days let's me really appreciate the way this team ishad been built we went from having one of the worst front offices(hi Donahue) to a top notch well oiled machine in balke

LANiner

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them all the time in los Angeles if you don't remember the days that the fragile Jonas Jennings and kwame Harris were o ur book end tackles then I just don't want to hear anything coming out your mouth. owww the dark days let's me really appreciate the way this team ishad been built we went from having one of the worst front offices(hi Donahue) to a top notch well oiled machine in balke

o_0

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smh when I see people on FB and Instagram acting like lifelong Niners fans when I know they were repping a different team just a few years ago. Super lame, but what can you do. It's a part of being successful.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Forge

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, I live in Cincinnati, where the 49ers are the most despised nfl team by the fanbase here outside of the bengals afc north division rivals lol. So i don't have to deal with that. I am, however, supposed to be moving to las vegas in about 6 weeks, and as I understand it, there are a lot of those type of fans out there.

I will admit though, I was a bandwagon fan....I grew up in San Diego some and when I started getting into football, Montana and rice were all the rage, especially out west, and the niners were the premier team so that's kind of how I got hooked on them...granted, I was all of 6 or 7 at the time (child of the 80's) lol.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect place for this. i remember when my friend sent it. super funny
Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
adamq

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMJ jetsey Laughing

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could answer only one of the three questions in the start of this post up above without doing research. Bandwagon fandom for the win.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
kidcymucks

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if I've had the following jerseys?

Ahmad Plummer
Andre Carter
Mike Rumph

These are the BAAAD ones. I've since made a rule that I won't get a players jersey until his second contract. But I broke that rule and bought the Kap SB Jersey. I'm hoping I didn't jinx him
adamq

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcymucks wrote:
What if I've had the following jerseys?

Ahmad Plummer
Andre Carter
Mike Rumph

These are the BAAAD ones. I've since made a rule that I won't get a players jersey until his second contract. But I broke that rule and bought the Kap SB Jersey. I'm hoping I didn't jinx him

I can beat that...

Kentwan Balmer.

In my defense, it was a christmas gift from my mom... Laughing

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
adamq

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I could answer only one of the three questions in the start of this post up above without doing research. Bandwagon fandom for the win.

Laughing I was pretty sure on number 2, but had to look to up to confirm

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

I can't answer any of the questions, so I guess I'm not a true fan...

That's what bothers me about "bandwagonner hatred". So what if people jumped aboard recently?! They are fans nonetheless. Would you rather only the TRUE hardcore fans follow the team? How about only the people who can answer those questions are allowed into the stadium? I'm willing to bet there would be plenty of empty seats.

I encourage people to jump aboard now. Some may not be TRUE hardcore fans, but some will stick around for the long run. I started watching football in 1996 (exactly one year AFTER our last Superbowl win), and I can say I became a Niner fan around 97-98 (because of Steve Young). 17 years later, am I a lesser fan than all of you who have seen the team win their Superbowls? If anything, I deserve MORE credit for sticking with the team, because I didn't have the memories of the glory days to hold on to.

Encourage the bandwagonners. There's no harm in it, is there? If someone walks around with a Michael Crabtree jersey, who didn't know who Michael Crabtree was a year ago, does it make you love your team less? Does it physically pain you? Does it take money out of your pocket or threaten the existence of people you love? Does it attack your rights as a citizen of the US, or endanger our survival as a species? Does it increase meteors and comets' attraction towards the earth? Does it make you infertile or cripple your ability to find pleasure? No. Encourage the bandwagonners. It only makes our beloved team stronger. It puts money in the team's pockets, which allows them to pay Baalrathe, and Harbaugh and staff, and our players, and the electricity bill for our state-of-the-art weight room, etc. Bandwagonners help the team. And amidst those bandwagonners, we'll be recruiting fans who might one day become TRUE hardcore fans. Instead of hating them, invite them in. Tell them about the glory days. I truly enjoy those of you who share stories about the greats I never had the chance to see play. Those stories make me proud. Those stories make me love my team even more.

And I hope one day, in 2044, I'll welcome a new bandwagonner and tell him about the glory days of Kaepernick, and Aldon Smith, and Patrick Willis, and Justin Smith, and Michael Crabtree, and AJ Jenkins. Wink

And one day, maybe I'll ask random trivia, like who threw the block around the corner that helped Kap run for a 13 yard superbowl-winning TD with 1:14 left in the fourth quarter. And you know what? If he's wrong, I won't consider him any less of a fan, but I'll be pleased to describe the entire play, from beginning to end, the context, the reactions, and how I felt when it happened. And that little story, my friend, might just make an hardcore fan out of a bandwagonner.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I would rather wear all my old faded beat up niner gear around town than any new gear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: