Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 questions about Von Miller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Book Wormington

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: 3 questions about Von Miller Reply with quote

So it's becoming pretty clear that after only two years here in Denver, Von Miller is on his way to being one of the best defensive players the Broncos have ever had (assuming he maintains this level of play for a while). That being said, here's 3 questions for everyone: 1) Do you think Miller has reached his ceiling/peak as a player or is he going to improve more? 2) How much would you be willing to pay him on his next contract in order to keep him and 3) Where does he rank on your favorite Denver players ever?

(Figured it would be a fun topic since this is the quiet part of the offseason)
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. He'll get better, and to be honest his ceiling probably wont be reached until he breaks the season sack record. He'll keep getting better because he's hungry, motivated. He's going to pick up more tricks and little things about the NFL game as he grows as a pro.

2. He'll get a lot, probably the highest paid outside linebacker. He'll be worth it though, unlike the Doom contract.

3. Not ready to do that, but he's very likeable on and off the field. Great personality to go with the talent.

Daniel Jeremiah posted some tweets about Von today that help to highlight just how good he is, and how he'll continue to get better.

Daniel Jeremiah wrote:
Just finished studying all 18.5 Von Miller sacks. Lot of tricks in his bag: dip/rip, widen/bull, inside counter, spin, stack/swim etc..

Only 3 of Von Miller's 18.5 sacks were freebies (untouched b/c of scheme). 2 others came after zone dropping/spying. No layups vs RBs/TE's

Von Miller is going to put up huge #'s every year. He toys with these RT's. Too much speed, agility, length and power. Fun to study!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 questions about Von Miller Reply with quote

Book Wormington wrote:
So it's becoming pretty clear that after only two years here in Denver, Von Miller is on his way to being one of the best defensive players the Broncos have ever had (assuming he maintains this level of play for a while). That being said, here's 3 questions for everyone: 1) Do you think Miller has reached his ceiling/peak as a player or is he going to improve more? 2) How much would you be willing to pay him on his next contract in order to keep him and 3) Where does he rank on your favorite Denver players ever?

Ok.

1. No. I have no idea what his peak is.

2. Top 1 Pass rusher. For sure.

2. He's as good as any player that I've ever seen.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I hope not. His season last year was historically good and he would have been the DMVP if not for the alien JJ Watt. Miller is just such a dynamic player that unless he starts having injury problems I can't see the impact falling off. Yes, he will not post the same gaudy sack numbers year in and year out but he will force the other team to specifically gameplan to reduce his impact. Phenomenal player.

2. If you remember the hype that Ware got when he signed his new deal then you should know what to expect with Miller. He's everything you want in a player.

3. I'd love to hate the guy but much like Champ, he's just too much fun to watch and he lets his performance speak for itself, unlike another OLB you guys have now...
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: 3 questions about Von Miller Reply with quote

Book Wormington wrote:

Von Miller is a once in every 2 or 3 decades player. He is the best defensive player in the league in my opinion and although I always agree with slightly overpaying to keep a good player around, in the case of guys like Von I'm willing to completely overpay. The man can name his price.

Fify.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few items. He's on his way to being one of the best the league has seen, not just the Bronco's. As far as the Bronco's, in our history we've only had one other player that could take over and dominate games, Rich Jackson. His 1st 3 years as a starter he was not just a pro-bowler but 1st team All-Pro. He was the most dominant DE of his era. Injured in his 4th year as a starter his career was over.

Von's improvement last year was remarkable and I'd expect the same this year. He's not close to his full potential.

We'll probably make him the highest paid defensive player in history.

He's a ways from my all time favorites but is heading in that direction.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about him slowing down at the end of the last two seasons? Coincidence? Fitness?

I feel the same way y'all do. But it would have been nice for him to have a big playoff game haha

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Just a few items. He's on his way to being one of the best the league has seen, not just the Bronco's. As far as the Bronco's, in our history we've only had one other player that could take over and dominate games, Rich Jackson. His 1st 3 years as a starter he was not just a pro-bowler but 1st team All-Pro. He was the most dominant DE of his era. Injured in his 4th year as a starter his career was over.

Von's improvement last year was remarkable and I'd expect the same this year. He's not close to his full potential.

I remember Champ Bailey saying that Von hasn't even figured the league out yet, and once he does, it will be scary.
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Yeah that was right after his 1st season on nfl networks top 100 players I saw it too
I remember Champ Bailey saying that Von hasn't even figured the league out yet, and once he does, it will be scary.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 questions about Von Miller Reply with quote

Book Wormington wrote:

1. Not even close. Hes still developing his pass rusher moves (when and which one) and has yet to fully understand the nuances of an NFL offense. Once he "gets it", you wont see him over-pursue as many times as the last 2 years.

2. Hes not going anywhere. He could easily get a 7yr/$100M deal.

3. My favorite Bronco ever is still John Elway. Id say the more Miller plays, and stays healthy, the more I like him. He'll have to be a focal point of the defense and win a couple Super Bowls before he beats Elway in my book.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Miller can improve in some areas. The biggest issue (and don't take this out of context it is nitpicking) his he has a tendency to take himself out of plays because of his penetration. He can also get overpowered at times. Though, he improved in these areas in his 2nd season.

I am interested in the report that he is looking to gain weight/strength. Wasn't there a report he is looking to play around 260 this season? I thought it was obvious he had put some weight on from his 1st season to his 2nd, but for perspective Von Miller was 6'3" 246 at the NFL Combine. If he can put on 15 pounds and get stronger without losing his explosiveness and flexibility that would definitely be an improvement.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Obviously Miller can improve in some areas. The biggest issue (and don't take this out of context it is nitpicking) his he has a tendency to take himself out of plays because of his penetration. He can also get overpowered at times. Though, he improved in these areas in his 2nd season.

I am interested in the report that he is looking to gain weight/strength. Wasn't there a report he is looking to play around 260 this season? I thought it was obvious he had put some weight on from his 1st season to his 2nd, but for perspective Von Miller was 6'3" 246 at the NFL Combine. If he can put on 15 pounds and get stronger without losing his explosiveness and flexibility that would definitely be an improvement.

I believe he mentioned playing at 262.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I believe he mentioned playing at 262.

If Von shows up at 262 and is still lean I'll be worried...Worried that the PED suspension will be coming soon. Not sure someone can carry that much mass and be that lean without some help chemically.
Vonpolean

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von is my favorite player hence my name Vonpolean Dynamite the TNT part wouldn't fit in my name however
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

If hes true to his word about the weight I believe we would basically be seeing a faster more athletic version of Terrell Suggs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: