Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin suspended by the NFL for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
Gotta love the way he spins it "when adversity comes" like it wasn't a deliberate decision he made. I'm NOT a hater. I liked what I saw last year & am still hoping he turns up huge, but this is brain-dead with his history & reputation.

Why can't adversity be self-inflicted? Overcoming yourself and your faults is a huge part of becoming successful

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I don't understand how teammates aren't learning from one another's mistakes. It's not that hard.

As far as the team is concerned, I find it a lot more likely that a guy like Ty Powell makes the final 53 for the 4 games Irvin is out and is then pushed back to the PS.
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are like the new Bengals, what a GHETTO franchise! Laughing
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LftCoastPackFan wrote:

I'll take "ghetto" over soft to be honest.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think Irvin is that big of a loss besides getting more experience a majority of his sacks came last year against the Packers offensive line.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:

You're doing it wrong.

Tom Brady Tribute
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad decision by Bruce. We've all made 'em. Hopefully he's got some people around him that will put him in his place. This will hang over his head for a while, but it's not the end of the world.

The bigger problem is that it's starting to show that maybe there is more of a problem in the 'Hawks locker room. These incidents add up and it's not out of control yet, but it could be soon. I know these players are supposed to be adults now, not college kids who need constant oversight, but obviously there is a problem here and the coaching staff needs to start cracking down on it and getting a firm grip on the "institutional control" of the teams locker room.

Sheldon Cooper
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
C-Hawkin' wrote:
Gotta love the way he spins it "when adversity comes" like it wasn't a deliberate decision he made. I'm NOT a hater. I liked what I saw last year & am still hoping he turns up huge, but this is brain-dead with his history & reputation.

Why can't adversity be self-inflicted? Overcoming yourself and your faults is a huge part of becoming successful

The adversity is self inflicted, no doubt about that. I think C-hawkin was just explaining that he has no sympathy for someone who creates their own obstacles and therefore no pity.

Irvin fudged up. No one put adderall in his body but himself. It is his mistake to own up to, even if there was a huge cultural influence in the locker room.

Does anybody know if the Seahawks have been subject to additional testing? There is either a testing problem or a locker room problem in Seattle. For Seahawks fans, don't take it personally when the world looks at Pete Carroll and assumes the latter. People lose trust when when a human trades his integrity for gain and then run from the consequences.
LftCoastPackFan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
LftCoastPackFan wrote:

You don't win it all by being soft. Cool
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
imani wrote:
C-Hawkin' wrote:

The adversity is self inflicted, no doubt about that. I think C-hawkin was just explaining that he has no sympathy for someone who creates their own obstacles and therefore no pity.

Irvin fudged up. No one put adderall in his body but himself. It is his mistake to own up to, even if there was a huge cultural influence in the locker room.

Does anybody know if the Seahawks have been subject to additional testing? There is either a testing problem or a locker room problem in Seattle. For Seahawks fans, don't take it personally when the world looks at Pete Carroll and assumes the latter. People lose trust when when a human trades his integrity for gain and then run from the consequences.

Not sure i read something from someone looking forpity in irvin's statement, but that might just be me.

My guess is that this is all stemming from around the same time last year, and just coming out different with each player. He said he already knew this was coming

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
imani wrote:
C-Hawkin' wrote:

Not sure i read something from someone looking forpity in irvin's statement, but that might just be me.

My guess is that this is all stemming from around the same time last year, and just coming out different with each player. He said he already knew this was coming

C-hawkin said he is "hoping he turns up huge" despite this boneheaded move with his history. To me this reads as an "Oh shucks" attitude that says if Irvin doesn't work out because of these issues "Oh shucks its his own fault I have no pity on him for his failure." Obviously c-hawkin wants Irvin to succeed and probably even anticipates Irvin's success.

I agree with your guess that this is all stemming from around the same time last year but that does not answer the question. Did any of the failed tests lead to additional subsequent sampling from the NFL? How does the NFL decide who to test?

The ultimate question remains:
Why are a higher proportion of Seahawks players failing than players of every other team?

It is either because of either (or both)
A) More players taking it
B) More players are sampled
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
imani wrote:
C-Hawkin' wrote:

Are you saying that he may have tested positive at the same time as Browner and Sherman? I hope thats not what you are implying. He tested positive within the last month I would assume. The reason he knew it was coming is because of the player's union. If it's anything like Baseball's union when a player tests positive, the player and his agent are notified by the union who is notified first. THe union is the one who makes the suggestion on appealing the suspension based on the evidence presented.

My main question to you guys is, who are the leaders in that locker room? You have a relatively young group of guys a lot of whom are not necessarily acustomed to a leadership role. I look at my Niners and other than the coaching staff I see the leadership from guys like Willis, Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Whitner etc. Not a knock on the Hawks at all, but who are your leaders? If this were to happen in the Niners locker room I'm confident the leaders who get a grasp on it quickly. Now you will still have guys who just dont quite get it ala Chris Culliver, but I'm pretty confident in the leaders in the Niners locker room to squash things quickly

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Plush

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LftCoastPackFan wrote:

Not sure you actually know what the term "ghetto" means....in any form
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no defensive leader at the moment. It was was one of my major concerns about the Seahawks defense last season.

Russell Wilson is well on his way to being the offensive leader but he is still young and the offensive positive testers happened before he took on that role.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
imani wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
imani wrote:
C-Hawkin' wrote:

Are you saying that he may have tested positive at the same time as Browner and Sherman? I hope thats not what you are implying. He tested positive within the last month I would assume. The reason he knew it was coming is because of the player's union. If it's anything like Baseball's union when a player tests positive, the player and his agent are notified by the union who is notified first. THe union is the one who makes the suggestion on appealing the suspension based on the evidence presented.

My main question to you guys is, who are the leaders in that locker room? You have a relatively young group of guys a lot of whom are not necessarily acustomed to a leadership role. I look at my Niners and other than the coaching staff I see the leadership from guys like Willis, Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Whitner etc. Not a knock on the Hawks at all, but who are your leaders? If this were to happen in the Niners locker room I'm confident the leaders who get a grasp on it quickly. Now you will still have guys who just dont quite get it ala Chris Culliver, but I'm pretty confident in the leaders in the Niners locker room to squash things quickly
I like this question because the only guy I think of as the leader is Mike Rob. Wilson would be the answer but he hasn't been here long enough to really be that guy. I can't think of anyone on D who the players really call the leader of the defense. Wagner calls the plays but he isn't the leader on D. Thomas doesn't show that he is that guy either. Red is the captain but doesn't really strike as the leader.

My answer to your question is nobody.

Which is sad

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: