Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

Quote:
Early last year, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told Smith he would be moving to left tackle. Smith sent a text message to his parents to share his good news.

The text Smith received back didn’t offer congratulations or say anything about how proud they were of him.

“They were already looking forward to the next contract, talking about things they wanted to get already,” Smith said. “I was like I haven’t even got there and there’s not even a sure thing that I will. And that was all that was coming out of their mouth.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130516-cash-cowboy-inside-lt-tyron-smith-s-battles-with-his-family-over-money.ece

Quote:
I felt like last year, once I got past the first couple of games, was probably my best year that I’ve had – not just because of the catches, because of the blocking and all-around,” Witten said between holes at the Cowboys’ golf tournament. “I feel really good. It sounds like we’re going to change our identity a little bit with the two-tight end sets a little more, but I feel good.

“I don’t know that I’d put a timetable on this amount of years, but I do feel that there’s nobody that’s probably more honest with themselves with where I’m at. Physically, I feel good.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4708824/jason-wittens-self-analysis-the-peak-is-still-right-there

Quote:
A few days before the start of the free-agent signing period, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said he expected Kyle Wilber to compete for a starting spot at outside linebacker.

But a few weeks later, defensive line coach Rod Marinelli saw something on film that caught his eye.

Marinelli sought out Wilber for a meeting and asked him about making a switch to defensive end, a move the second-year pro from Wake Forest accepted, and seems excited about.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Bulked-Up-Wilber-Expecting-Smooth-Transition-To-4-3-DE-/eb5b4813-f83a-4f37-ac5a-6af147864a31

Quote:
I see him as a fit where he can play in the scheme on the edge whether that is as a three or an end. Like him better when he can just “Go” and not have to fight blocks. I do have some concern about his upper body strength. I see these coaches working him at both three and end. Has played in 102 career games but only man 25 starts and last started in New Orleans in 2009. One year deal is really not a commitment for some veteran depth and quite possibly it allows Tyrone Crawford to see more work inside at the one.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-On-Film-Hargrove-Could-Help-Most-Off-The-Edge/4f569401-0a67-409b-b6a4-48ce7395ee75

Quote:
GRAPEVINE, Texas – Linebacker Bruce Carter has heard one name over and over again since the Cowboys hired Monte Kiffin as defensive coordinator.

“Everybody’s just been hitting me with it – Derrick Brooks, Derrick Brooks,” Carter said. "That's a good thing."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130511-moore-for-cowboys-rookie-j.j.-wilcox-nfl-shot-means-a-chance-to-aid-ailing-mother.ece

Quote:
Marshell Wilcox has battled lupus for 13 years. She wasn’t about to miss this. When Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called, she was by her son’s side, tethered to an oxygen tank.

“It was a great moment,’’ Marshell remembers. “I can’t explain it. It was the embrace...

“I felt his heart and knew he was overwhelmed.’’

J.J. then let go.

“Mom, I made it, I made it,’’ he shouted. “I told you I was going to make it.

“This is for you.’’

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130511-moore-for-cowboys-rookie-j.j.-wilcox-nfl-shot-means-a-chance-to-aid-ailing-mother.ece

And Just for T07:

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 2m Cowboys working out 3 players Friday - DB Malik James (Langston) & two deep snappers - Jackson Anderson (Duke) & Brandon Hartson (Houston)
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- That's tough for Tyron. Sad to see supposed "family" members become so greedy.

- Witten's a beast.

- I do think the move back to DE will benefit Wilber.

- Versatile, above average depth. Not bad to have. Also interesting that Broaddus sees Crawford as the 1-tech.

- I'm really, really anxious to see our LB's in this scheme, especially Carter and Lee.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

And Just for T07:

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 2m Cowboys working out 3 players Friday - DB Malik James (Langston) & two deep snappers - Jackson Anderson (Duke) & Brandon Hartson (Houston)

Best. News. Ever.

This is checkmate, Canada.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And Just for T07:

Best. News. Ever.

hahaha!! In the words of TSSS "phat chance!"

Vive La Canada! Vive La LP!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And Just for T07:

Best. News. Ever.

Check, but not checkmate. The Canadian will survive!

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people who grow up around influences like that aren't able to escape it once they've made it. It takes a special kind of person, and it sure seems like Tyron is that kind of guy. He deserves everything good that is coming to him in the NFL.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And Just for T07:

Best. News. Ever.

This ain't Chess Tex. We don't back out without a fight.

Besides Tyrone Crawford will be repping in the D-line anyway!

Wink

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Northland

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: T Smiths family problems, Witten Peak, Rod moved Wilber Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And Just for T07:

Best. News. Ever.

This ain't Chess Tex. We don't back out without a fight.

Besides Tyrone Crawford will be repping in the D-line anyway!

Wink

Forgot that Crawford is a Windsor boy. More Canucks are just what we need.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone agrees then? I will allow Crawford to exist and the Frenchie gets the ax.

Someone email this thread to Jerry to signify our consent.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford has put on way more weight than anyone thought he could. Im expecting a great season from the kid.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot to like in this article from gosselin, who is certainly not afraid to criticize the cowboys:

www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20130517-gosselin-surprisingly-help-for-dallas-cowboys-offensive-line-could-already-be-on-roster.ece
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
A lot to like in this article from gosselin, who is certainly not afraid to criticize the cowboys:

www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20130517-gosselin-surprisingly-help-for-dallas-cowboys-offensive-line-could-already-be-on-roster.ece

What would really benefit us, is if both Leary and Arkin were to take the necessary leap forward this year and emerge as starters - along with Parnell.

That would give us:

Smith (22)
Arkin (25)
Frederick (22)
Leary (24)
Parnell (26)

and would allow us to focus on the DL heading into the 2014 off-season.

^^^mack
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

What would really benefit us, is if both Leary and Arkin were to take the necessary leap forward this year and emerge as starters - along with Parnell.

That would give us:

Smith (22)
Arkin (25)
Frederick (22)
Leary (24)
Parnell (26)

Thats a lot to ask and pretty unlikely. Leary and Parnell are the most likely to win a spot IMO. I think this is the year Arkin gets shown the door.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

That would give us:

Smith (22)
Arkin (25)
Frederick (22)
Leary (24)
Parnell (26)

Thats a lot to ask and pretty unlikely. Leary and Parnell are the most likely to win a spot IMO. I think this is the year Arkin gets shown the door.

I could see Costa getting a starting OG spot before Arkin. In fact, I think the OL shakes out like this...

LT - Smith, Free
LG - Costa, Kowalski
C - Frederick, Costa
RG - Leary, Burningdeuce
RT - Parnell, Free

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed Arkin in my top 10 cornerstones damn it, he needs to prove me right Laughing

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: